Friday 25 March 2011

Three bundles of joy! Babies #7, 8 and 9

"Is that a tear on your cheek, Duncan? Your crying, aren't you!" I heard Scarlett laughing at Duncan. 


"It's my allergies... It's just the dust. My eyes get puffy...," Duncan retorted. This time I laughed with Scarlett. It wasn't like Duncan to get emotional, but we all understood; he was growing up, and I don't think he wanted to leave.
Hottie alert! That was always something I had read in Heat magazine. Duncan completely fits that description. He was very much aware of current styles, so he dressed that way. 
You can download him here.



He immediately got on his phone and called his agent. Duncan still had ties to Bridgeport, which I wasn't aware of. So he was thinking of moving back to Bridgeport.




Is this the last time I'll ever see him?



 Scarlett aged up next.


Scarlett aged up, looking like a true beauty. If she had black hair and blue eyes, I swear she could have been my double.
"I'll make it to the cover of magazines, you watch!" she had squealed.





Rebecca and Scarlett are very...different from each other. I've never seen any resemblance between them much, as Rebecca wears glasses which changes her face so much. But they're both so beautiful!


I had my two girls stand next to each other. They looked like they could have had different fathers!


Scarlett is the upbeat one, full of energy. Funny that she doesn't dress that way.


Rebecca was the serious, very-concentrated-on-school type of person. My genius teenager!
"Maybe you and Scarlett should switch outfits..."
"NO!" they both had yelled at me. Sheesh.



My boy, Callum. Apparently he was pretty depro about the fact that he was the only boy in the house - Apollo was to young to socialize with, he reckoned.



An old friend of mine, Toby, had called me on my return to Sunset Valley. I hadn't had time to call him back, so I dropped by at his address after dinner.



"Destiny, it's so nice to see you after so long!"
"You too..," I mumbled. It wasn't THAT long ago. Was it? I don't know..


"So, your back in Sunset Valley! I thought you'd like Bridgeport; what's up with that?" Toby asked.
"I had some real money issues," I admitted. "And the crime rate there was pretty scary. I thought it might be safer here after all."


He nodded and made the necessary "ooh's" and "ahh's" at my long story. He did seem worried too, by the looks of that crease between on his forehead.


So quickly that I didn't see it coming, he grabbed my face and forced me to look into his eyes.
"Toby, what...what are you doing?"
"Dee (that's what he always called me), I never had the chance to confess. I had a thing for you, in high school, and I still have that feeling right now."



"Er, wow..." I did my best to compose myself, and look at him like I was flattered. But how could I be? Toby was like my best friend.
Not knowing what else to do, I leaned in for a kiss. It felt so different. Awkward, is the word. 


He drew me in a tight embrace, and explained that he wanted to participate in my challenge, as that's the only way we could "be together".


He gave me a tour of his home before showing me to his bedroom. Apparently we had to wake up his roommate in the process, eek.


We wasted no time, and I left his house with only a curt 'goodbye' and 'thanks'. Rude, maybe, but I couldn't stand a longer conversation.




But before leaving, I noticed he had a large tattoo on his back. I wondered when he had gotten that.


So, in a attempt to buoy my spirits back at home, I turned to my guitar, my trusted companion.
"You'll never betray me, will you, Guitar?" I asked the instrument. Crazy, yes. Comforting, definitely!


Rebecca was painting, and she had just sold he first painting!




The kids (that would actually be the teenagers, Scarlett and Becca), encouraged me to go out this evening. I had to do some grocery shopping, and headed to the book store.


I sat down and read a soppy romance novel for the upteenth time.
"This... This is s-so s-sad...!"


I also did something I will NEVER ever do again. Napping in the park. It was late, I was tired, emotionally wrung out... I made up all of these excuses but it doesn't justify it much. Luckily this isn't Bridgeport, or I would have been dead by now.


While the kids were at school, I held a private celebration for Apollo, in the kids room.



Apollo grew up, almost looking like a carbon copy of Layton. He had his unique purple eyes, and the cute long nose! My black hair also made yet another appearance.


Teaching Apollo to walk.


Potty training...


"I am not carrying poopoo... There's nothing in this bag..."


Callum had a love for a video games, much like his brother Duncan, before him.


Rebecca, when having problems with school or anything else, turned towards the guitar for consolation, much like I do.


Scarlett, being upbeat, likes to be more energetic, and dances to forget her own sorrows. If she even has any.


"So, today class, I will tell you all about problems young teenagers face everyday..." Becca was working hard or a speech she had for school that Monday. I think she'll definitely do good.


Apollo loved playing with the toybox, but he never did clean up after himself. So I was left with the task of doing it for him.


I was bored, and it was about time I had to go see my family. Carmen, my eldest sister, greeted me here.


My other sister, Grace, and my father Justin, were also outside, entertaining each other. My dad and I weren't yet on speaking terms. He still didn't like the fact that his youngest daughter is going to have 100 kids.



 "Okay Carmen, I have great news!"
That funny look came into her eyes. When she's thinking real hard about something..
"Your getting a puppy! Oh my gosh, that's so great!" my sister squealed.
"Uh, no."
"A little poodle?"
"No..."
"I give up?"



I paused a moment for dramatic affect.


"I'm pregnant!"


"WHAT????"


"Oh my gosh, that is so great! Another niece of nephew to look forward to."


Carmen was so happy, she even wanted to feel the baby kick.
"Nope... Not much going on..."


Back at home, Scarlett was breaking up the dance floor.
"Come on, mom!" she enthused. "Try it out!"


Needless to say, I could have put professional dancers to shame with my moves.


The next day, with Apollo in my arms, I went to visit his father, Layton Summers.


"Hey, Destiny! This must be my son... Apollo?"
"Yes, I laughed. "He looks just like you, doesn't he!"
"Why, yes... Yes he does. Come on in. I'm sure Apollo would love to meet his brother."
Brother? Layton had another son?


I placed Apollo in a pram in the living room for now. I wanted to see this other boy first, to make sure they actually ARE brothers.


There was a sweet little boy on the ground, playing on his own.


"So, who are you, little fella?"


This was little Alex Summers. He had his fathers pretty purple and brown hair. He must have his mothers eyes, as they were a dark navy blue.


"Your a cute little fella, aren't you?"


He definitely was, and he wasn't even my own son. He too, like Apollo, loved the toybox, and hid inside of it. Adorable!


I could see Layton thought the same. The adoration and love shined through his eyes.


I had had a long and rough week, so I climbed in bed for a peaceful nights rest.



Of course, it just had to be interrupted by contractions!


So in the middle of the night, I walked into the hospital with my PJ's, coming out a few hours later with..wait for it... A baby carrier! Three little bundle of joys! One girl, and two boys.
Welcome to the family,
Sapphire,
Aidan,
and last but not least
Braden!



"Already I'm at baby #9... this challenge is moving quicker than I thought..."




Any comments, criteria, advice, baby name suggestions or requests, are deeply appreciated, so feel free to post them!

Also, you can download Destiny here.




4 comments: