Saturday 26 March 2011

The way things end, and the way things start...

Present day

People survive wars. People survive disasters. People survive pain. People survive sadness. People survive hurt. People survive people. So why wouldn't I, one of this people, survive this?
One month earlier...

"Oh yeah... Aging up is always awesome," Callum cheered. He was moving up and about, and out of the Rose household home.

I was taking a small break from my challenge, to spend some more time with my kids. They were VERY happy to hear that there weren't going to be crying babies. For now.

"Honey, I'm so happy for you!" I cheered along. It's all I can do to hide my anxiety. 

Apollo was shy, yes, but he loved parties. He cheered all along and even started singing a few versions of 'Happy Birthday'. In a very crazy way.

The handsome Callum didn't change much. As he thought that he was "too cool" for anything else, he gelled his hair sideways.
"I look cool, right?"

Apollo certainly thought so. Taking his brother as inspiration, he in return gelled his hair backwards. What was it with men and hair gel?

Callum left soon after, with no real goodbye. He was now to lead his own life. I had no say anymore, so I let him go.

The triplets were next to age up.

Sapphire knew how to dress, and knew exactly how to style her hair! Every time one of us wore something that she classified as "boring", she freaked out and insisted that we change.

Every time I look at Aidan, I just wanna pinch his cute cheeks! He was a confident young boy. He already had the girls swooning over him.
Braden grew up, feeling awkward from all our stares. But he was gorgeous, like all his other siblings.
"But your so handsome," we cheer.
"I don't like the attention...," he mumbled.

Sapphire has officially claimed the dance floor as hers.
"Mom, I'm going to win the award for best dancer in a play at school; so I have to practice my moves!"

I started to become more of a bookworm during my time at home. Gardening seemed like a interesting subject, so I was studying up on that. Maybe I could make a career out of this..

1 Week later, I aged up the twins.

"All of my kiddos are aging up and leaving me...," I sobbed.

Keira had inherited her father's dark skin color, but her hair color came out of nowhere. But I was happy about that. If she had had black hair, everything about her would have been black. She had my facial structure and nose, I believed.

Liana was a little clone of her grandmother! The same black hair and same blue eyes. She was so pretty!


Little Keira was soon talking and walking at speeds that astonished me. 
Sapphire wanted to age up with the twins, so I allowed it. She turned out a real beauty, and she LOVED make-up. I told her it was unnecessary, but she persisted.
"Mom, if I wanna look pretty, I NEED my make-up."
"But your already pretty, honey. More than that! Your breathtaking!"
To get me out of her hair, she taught little Liana some of her skills.
I took over later on and taught her to walk.

Soon Liana was exhausted, and she passed out quickly in her crib.

I had to fix the TV; AGAIN. Why was it that the TV broke the most?

Two weeks later, the kids were growing up again.


Sapphire shifted into a breathtaking young adult, confident and trusting. She would be the perfect mother someday.

Apollo was still one of my genius babies. He grew more into his nose, so it looked more natural. His face became rounded, and not as chubby as it was when he was a child. But his wings never came. Will they ever come? Will it grow, now that he's a adult?



The boys as teenagers. When I look at them, it's hard to see that they could actually be brothers.

Keira and Liana. The same as with the boys. It really is hard to believe that they're twins! They hardly look like each other.
"Mom, it's like they teach us in biology," Sapphire commented. "Twins don't always look the same."

Sapphire moved out that same day and proposed to Vito Pala, a man from Bridgeport, and her new found love.

Apollo, funnily enough, fell for Claire Ursine. I would never have matched those two. But all that matters is that they are happy and in love.

Aidan was the heart breaker of Sunset Valley. Girl after girl came and left our house. Never to be seen again. ..Or so it looked like.

3 days later, Sapphire called and invited me over. She was pregnant with her first child. And it was a boy!

Needless to say, I partied back at home at all this good news.

I never knew that Ariel had been pregnant, until the day that I walked passed her house and saw three babies lying outside her home. Who would do such a thing? I thought. It turned out she just gave birth, and she was having a hard time as her husband just disappeared.

"Honey, I can't believe your husband left you to take care of the kids on your own. How could he do such a thing!" I complained, pulling a face at my granddaughter's crying.


Together, working as a team, Ariel and I soon had the girls fed and drifting to sleep.
The girls' names are Reisa, Gillian and Alyssa.

Someone else also drifted to sleep.
"You must be so tired..."

I made my eldest daughter some breakfast, to ease off some of her duties.

"Mom, thanks. That was really delicious," Ariel complimented me. "I'm so glad you stopped by. I would have been lost without you!"

Sapphire called; again.

She had given birth to a healthy boy, named Rory!


"You are the cutest grandson I have ever seen..."

The kids were aging up again, in the same week at their last birthday. Time actually flew when I was home, it looked like.

Braden as a handsome young adult.


I now see the resemblance between Braden and Aidan. Both are handsome young lads, ready to take on the world. They had moved out together; Aidan planned to become a chef, while Braden was going to work for the police force.


Liana and Keira, and teens. Keira complained that she was overweight. She may have been a bit chubby, but there's no cause for alarm!
Liana, on the other hand, was sulking. She was on the honor role when she aged up, and the school board was breathing down her neck because of her sudden grade drop. I may have to have a word with them. But those words were never to be spoken...



My entire attitude changed that day, when my teenage daughters were safe and happy at school. So I had always thought.
I received a call from one of the neighbors. They lived closer to the school than us.
"Destiny?! I.. We... There's been a accident! A fire! At the school! Are your girls okay?!"
Were my daughters okay? I thought with horror. I didn't know. I didn't have the answer, but deep down, I think I already knew the answer, as my heart beat through my chest.

"...I...I don't know..."


Keira and Liana were gone. They died when the burning ceiling of the classroom fell on them, people say. They say it was painless, and the ceiling was heavy and when it fell on them it caused instant death...
How could they expect news such as that could make me feel better? Now when I couldn't have my teenage twins around me. Feel their warmth and their laughter. I would never have that again.
We held their funeral 3 days after the accident. I still couldn't believe that it was true...
Tears again
Tears full of pain
I've lost my way
Thoughts keep running through my head
My head keeps on spinning
My body walks but I'm not there
With the tears I have shown
I could feed a flower
But with my uncried tears
I could fill another sea
...


To explain this post, I must explain what happened to my saved game. My game kept crashing. I didn't know why. I still don't. I managed to move out the triplets and so continue the story, but I couldn't save the twins. There was another baby, Kaitlynn, but I decided not to include her in the story. Keira and Liana will be counted towards the baby total, as they almost made it to adulthood at least.

(PS: Oh yes, the rest of the children, from 1 - 9, are still intact, by the way)
(PPS: The poems, are NOT by me. Credit goes to original writers of the poems)
The next post is where Destiny picks up the pieces and continues the challenge, so stay tuned. :)


5 comments:

  1. Great post :) Similar thing happened to me. Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the post, and the poems you used. I think I'll go put on some sad music and cry now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the poem idea too! This was such a sad post. I'm sorry your game kept crashing. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sapphire and Liana are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete