Saturday 5 March 2011

Welcome to Bridgeport? Baby #1!

"Bridgeport... It's so much different than Sunset Valley...! Look at those high rises! How the view must look from up there!" I was in shock and awe at my surroundings while sitting in the taxi. Something you never get used to.
The taxi driver dropped me off at a small-ish house, the starting point for my challenge. Home sweet home?
I spared a moment to think about what I was about to embark on.  I was starting off on the 100 baby challenge. But I couldn't do it on my own. For this challenge I needed fathers. I had met Barry Tenderlove online, and he had told me he could hook me up with someone.
Heading inside, I picked up my guitar and headed to the park for a day of jamming.
Starting playing some tunes, I gained a lot more confidence from it. People seemed to like what I was playing.
Barry was there, yay! But he wasn't looking at me. Was he nervous, or something.
"Oh God, she spotted me! Oh, this is bad...," I heard Barry chant to himself.

"Hi!" I chirped cheerfully. "I'm Destiny Rose. We talked online. Remember?"

"Yes, yes of course I do. It's really a pleasure to finally meet you..."
"Nice to meet you too... Now you said you could hook me up with some people? Do you know anyone that would help me in my challenge?"
I could see the hurt on his face when I said this. Oops. Had I pushed my luck to soon?

"Sorry if I'm so pushy," I apologized quickly. His face stretched into a small smile. "I'm just very eager to get started."
"Sure, sure," he replied, chuckling. "There might be this one guy that can help you. Tyler Oak. He and his brother plus their roommate just moved here, so he could be more easily persuaded than more local people. I already called him; said you were on your way."

"Thanks for your help, Barry," I said as I pulled him into a friendly hug. No need for him to think more of me yet!
I went to the address Barry gave me. It wasn't a very big place, and luckily the owners were outside. This was where I met Tyler Oak.

He had a very cute face, I have to admit.

"So, hi. I'm Destiny Ro-"

"Don't worry, Kitten. I know who you are. Barry told me about your challenge. And my answer is yes. I'll be the father of baby number one.

He flashed me a cute, innocent smile that made me laugh. He was so charming!

I gave him a more than friendly hug.
"Thank you...," I breathed.
"Pleasure is all mine. I'd love to help a nice gal like you."
Gal? Okay...

Getting right to business, I leaned in for a kiss, and he did the same.
We cuddled on his bed, and that led to the making of baby #1!




Back at home, I peered into the mailbox.
"Now where is it..."
I pulled out a pile of paper. The bills of course. It was quite a lot of money to spend on a small house like this one.


Artistic in nature, I started painting. I had previous experience in it, so it was easy to just pick up a brush and start painting.


I clutched my stomach, and immediately after my mouth. I felt so sick!

"Oh Gosh, how will I survive this part of pregnancy?"

It was a pretty sunny day, unusual for Bridgeport I had come to learn, so I went for a swim.

I had to get out a bit early due to cramps.
It wasn't cramps in the end; I turned out to be pregnant!
I day into my pregnancy, I returned to the park for some jamming.

Ooh, pretty rock!

Let's pick it up.
"Maybe this can get me money.."

I jogged all the way to the grocery store.


I bought five watermelons. Supposedly it increases chances of having a girl baby, and I'd really like it for my first bundle of joy to be a beautiful little girl. So I was testing this theory out.

At home again, I was startled. The fridge reeked of old food.

"Ewwww..."

I cleaned out the fridge and threw the bag of old food away.

"Waffles for breakfast!" I yelled to no one in particular.

Doesn't it look yummy? I was quite skilled in cooking, luckily. So I didn't burn it, hooray!

Day 3 of my pregnancy.

Doesn't Bridgeport look beautiful in the mornings? The sun, just rising over the horizon.

On my way to the hospital to get medical advice, labor struck, so hurried more so than before to get to the hospital.

No one at the hospital for me?

Oh wait, Tyler came!

Ariel Rose

My challenge was officially on, with baby #1 here. :)
Welcome to the world, Ariel Rose!



6 comments:

  1. She's precious! Loving you blog, and thanks for checking mine out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing is so good, that I didnt mind this post having no pictures!

    <3 - Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Love100 (cool if I call you Alice?). It was my idiocy that led to this post without pictures for a while, but I'm having it fixed. It may be repaired today actually! And that's no April Fool's joke. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coolio! :) Just found this blog today and I can't wait to read more! I've heard good things from many people about your challenge. I'm planning on starting my own soon and I wanted to check out a few others before beginning so I would know the basics, like good picture taking and such. Any tips? :)

    ReplyDelete