Tuesday 21 June 2011

Live, Laugh, Love - Babies 42 and 43

Thanks to Illiana for gifting me the "Can't Care hair"!
Your kind words were very sweet, and I appreciate it.

:)

An hour ago, I was watching TV with the kids.
Thirty minutes ago, I was eating dinner.
Seventeen minutes ago, I started experimenting with the Chemistry set.
Two minutes ago, I found the recipe to the Radical Reparum potion.
39 seconds ago, I started mixing ingredients.
4 seconds ago, this happened...
"Oh friggity frack... I SUCK at this...," I sighed deeply that night, after being singed once again by the potions that "didn't go as planned".
The boys felt it might be a good idea (and best for their health), to skedaddle while the house was still in tact.

Malik (top picture) and Magnum (bottom picture). Malik turned out looking older than he was, with the beard of course - a real explorer in those clothes. Egypt, watch out.
Magnum is still the prankster, but there seems to be, maybe, just maybe, a spark of adult manners in him just yet.

Boys, farewell, from the Rose home.
 
Before leaving, Malik gave me a bouquet of white flowers. What a charmer.
"Just to remind you that your pretty, and that we all love you.." he had said.
Hailey is a sweetheart - she somehow got the Neat trait, so she has the urge to always help me around the house, whether she likes it or not.

But there's still that hint on her face, that she's possibly going to break down the house with a party..
Amber has developed a lot since childhood, inching out of her cocoon a bit.
Business-like oriented, Amber is very charismatic when speaking. Without a doubt, she could take the political world by storm. Or the acting career.
Shane is a up-to-date kind of young man - he always knows the newest trends, hair wise. He very much looks up to his father Juan, who he hardly gets to see, but I can see there's respect in those striking purple eyes.

Does he and Isabella get along? Not really..
Isabella is VERY curious about...everything. She quizzes her brother (which irritates him), she asks random questions to her two older sisters. Isabella will be the gossiper of the century.

She may look cute and innocent on the outside (which she totally is), but I think there may be some rebel in her - not that it's a bad thing. To survive on the outside world, you'll need something to keep you in check.
Xavier, my bundle of joy. On first glance it seems like he inherited more from his father than from me. But those trademark Rose family blue eyes seem to make an appearance yet again!
Hailey was a bit depressed that she kept wanting to clean the house..
So, seeing as the kids were dying (not literally) to get out and do something fun with the family, I fetched my car keys and drove the kids down to the public beach. Even though it's supposedly 'public', it's quieter than the beach down at our home.

Bells and Shane enjoyed the outing very much, and loved playing around with the sand and building sandcastles. This eventually led to them begging me for a pit at our house.

"You know that means I'll have to sell some of the other equipment, right...?" I quizzed back at them. This brought silence to their mouths for the time.
"So unfair...," Shane muttered.
The girls were behaving like normal teenagers do at the beach; not paying attention to the kids, pretending I'm not their mother, and of course, lounging in the sun, tanning.
Xavier was laughing like hyena, and he just couldn't stop. He LOVED being outside. Unfortunately there's a hint of evil in that adorable laugh. Xavier inherited the 'Evil' trait from his father.
I smiled from the juice bar at all my kids. They're all so different from each other. No wonder I love them!
Back at home, around 5:37 PM, I kissed Xavier good night.

"Good luck Xavier. The girls better take care of you!" I smiled at the pink toddler.

"Whe mwa go?" he inquired. 

"A party, sweetie. Like the one the girls are gonna hold..."

Tonight there was to be a party at the local dance club, and being a celebrity, sort of, I got an invitation. Leaving the kids alone wasn't something I was doing lightly anymore. But the girls arranged to have a slumber party with some of their friends, so that appeased me...a little bit.
Amber didn't really believe Hailey when she told her that I gave the go ahead sign to allow their slumber party, so she quizzed her twin as Hailey sat down on the couch.

Amber - Hailey I can't believe you, seriously.
Hailey - Amber, for Grim Reaper's sake, why not?
Amber - I know mom. She WON'T allow something like that so easily.
Hailey - In her heart, mom is a party animal. That's why she's going out tonight. And that's why she let us have our friends over tonight. Because she feels guilty that she can go out and we have to stay here.
Amber - Interesting. So you think that Shayda and Britney and Blair will come? I know their parents are like, way over protective.
A confident smile formed on Hailey's lips in answer to that question.

"Definitely. I have excellent debating skills."
The party started 8:00 PM sharp. The place was DEFINITELY crowded with bodies, old and young, who just wanted to take some time off of work and their daily stressful life.

I even saw some of my old friends!
Maya Sparks, one of Carmen's, my sister, best friends.
Charlotte Ternich, one of my life long friends from LeFromage Art School, who like me, had the dream of a big family.
Lisa von Asch, Charlotte's cousin, and an old friend of the family.
I wish I had my camera here..., I thought in agony, knowing how the girls would enjoy some pictures of the night life. Pressing my fingers into the shape of an imaginary camera, I practiced my artistic eye.

"Careful where your pointing those fingers. You could hurt someone, you know. Poke their eyes out."
Swerving around, I was brought face to face with Mr. Ludo once again. My index finger actually touched his nose. Whoops. 

"Well, well, well. Who do we have here? Mister Chad Ludo. I didn't know you had a celebrity pass," I acknowledged him, teasing him with a smile.

Chad - One can dream, can you not? Actually, my sister couldn't make it, so she dropped her invite off at my house.
Destiny - Hmm.. Don't tell me, she tried to hook you up?
Chad - (laughs) Well, sort of. Abigail is at my parents house, and as I was left alone, Nicki saw her opportunity.
Destiny - That's actually...very nice of her. She's really looking out for you.
Chad - Uhm, yeah, looking out for me.. (clears throat) There was actually something I've been meaning to ask you.

Chad was interrupted by one of my friends calling me away.
"Destiny, hey! Come over here, we haven't seen each other in ages...!"
"Uhh... Well then. I'll just... Talk to you later? See you." Chad awkwardly shuffled away, hands in his pockets, eyes shiftily looking around. Nervous, I guessed. But why?

"What a weird guy," Maya commented.
"So it would seem," I agreed.


It was an incredible night, with fantastic music, and too many drinks to go around. I danced the night away with all the people at the party.
Even Kate, one of my daughters, was enjoying the night life.
"Hi again. Hope I'm not bothering you." A familiar voice chirped behind me. Chad again.
"I brought you a drink.. It's a energy drink. Supposedly blueberry flavor."
"Eh, thanks?"
Holding the drink in my hand, I grew instantly nervous. I didn't know Chad all that well. He could just as well have drugged this drink. 

"You know what. I'm not so thirsty. And anyways, I can't really drink alcohol anymore. I gave up that privilege LONG ago, when a innocent party turned bad."

Chad nodded thoughtfully. He took a deep breath, then spoke the heavy question on his mind.

"I've been thinking about something for a very long time, Destiny. I...would like to know. If I could, perhaps, be in your challenge?"

"...Say what?"

~Meanwhile, back at home~

*Hailey's Point-of-View*
"You know, when you said 'slumber party', I thought it would be more...daring? That's why my parents are always freaked when I wanna go to a party. 'Cuz they think there'll be drinking and boys, and late night partying," Shayda confided to me as she followed me to my room. I sighed theatrically. When do people learn?

"Shayda, your my friend, right?" I asked. She nodded. "Then you should know me well. I ALWAYS have a back-up plan when it comes to partying."
And with that said, I slammed a pillow right through her face.
I laughed as her expression turned into one of surprise. Ha! She wasn't expecting that. Ah, the element of surprise. No wonder I have such an interesting reputation...

~*Back to the party*~
"You..Chad Whatever-your-middle-name-is Ludo.. Wants to be in my challenge?" I stood there, hand on hip, looking back at him with disbelief.

"I know. I know. I first came to you just to be a friendly ear. I never thought.. Uhm, skip that part. Abigail is pretty lonely as an only child, and I think, if she knew she had another brother or sister, that may cheer her up later."
He saw my unconvinced face, so he continued. "Look, I'm not some hobo or random guy off the street. We know each other..however little."
I didn't know how to answer him; he just stood there with a face that grew solemn with each passing second. Finally, a familiar song started playing on the speakers.
"Hey, this is my favorite song! Let's dance!" and I grabbed his arm pulled him onto the dance floor.
At around midnight (Wowza) I got back home, with the girls all congregated into the dining room area.

"Hey girls; did you have fun?"
"TONS, miss Rose! Thanks for having us all over," Shayda said, then slipped out.
The next morning..

Shane - Hey Isabella, come look here! It's a...well. I dunno what 'e is.
Isabella - He? There's a person here? A stranger? OMW, that's so awesome!
The 'stranger' in question was none other than my dance partner last night.
Amber - A hobo? You guys stay back! This could be dangerous. Let's call mom.
Isabella and Shane - NOOO! We need to examine him and see if he's human!
Amber called me immediately, to the disgust of Bells and Shane. I ran with a speed that would have shamed a kid at Grandma's ol' feast weekend, where every child and teen ran with speed that you wouldn't believe is possible.

"A homeless person? We have to call the police. You guys get inside. If you hear a scream.. Well, whatever you do, don't co-"

I stopped once I saw who it was.
The stranger in question finally seemed to stir from his sleep. Hopefully he'll be able to shed some light on why he was here.
"Honestly, Chad. when I said we were friends, I didn't mean you could just bunk outside my house without an invite."
"Sorry," he mumbled. "But I thought I said last night that I was just your typical stranger who would do crazy things."
Five minutes later, when he was done shaking the cold and leaves from his clothes, he surprised me with a big bunch of purple-lilac mixed flowers.
"Remember what I asked last night? Did you think about it? To hurry the process, I brought some flowers. I heard lilac is your favorite color.."

I ground my teeth at that, but graciously accepted the gesture.
"Alright. But your trying your luck with all these shenanigans."
First woohoo in the treehouse.
Yes, we both got splinters.
Prom was that night - which was a VERY big surprise, as a limo came to pick the girls up.
I kissed them both on their cheek, then shoved them out the door.
"Hope you girls have fun!" I yelled after them.
"Don't worry, we will!" Amber smiled.
4 hours later, while doing my rounds on checking on the kids, I found a photograph on the table. PLUS, a nice stylish crown. Hailey had been awarded as prom queen! Being the party animal of the school, she is extremely popular.

Also, to makes things even better, Hailey now has a new boyfriend, Malcolm Landgraab.
Amber went without a date, as in her eyes, the boys in her grade are idiots (which I concur with, in some cases). But she still had the time of her life. :)
To celebrate, we ordered pizza from the 24hr Pizza house.
Hailey - Really..? I come back from prom and I get pizza, a fatty and slimy and just plain junk food?
Destiny - You always loved pizza...?
Hailey - Yes, but that was BEFORE I had a boyfriend you know. I need to keep in shape.
Amber - Oh, who cares? That would at least level the playing field. Malcolm isn't really that skinny you know.
Shane - (with a mouth full of food) Yup, just relax, and eat while there's still some left!
Isabella had a hard time sleeping over the course of the next few days. She was the first of my children who actually wanted to sleep in my bed.

So I suggested she move into my room, just for a while.
What turned out to be the best medicine for sleepless nights? A good bed time story and a kiss on the forehead.


~*Family fun*~
Xavier tried to eat the water.
"Mwine! Mwine! Awl whill bwe mwine!" he cackled loudly.
To avoid any more evil sentences, I took Xav inside and taught him some fancy footwork and a nice vocabulary.
Hailey - Do you get any of this?
Amber - Yes. I do frankly.
Hailey - Do you know all these graphs mean then?
Amber  - (sighs) Those are circles, Hailey. Not entirely charts.  It's not a pie chart for example. Were doing geometry. Just some revision for the upcoming exam.
Hailey - O..kay.. Can you please explain to me what all that jargon means?
Chad came over - again. I didn't know how..or why.. But, I felt a connection with him. He was sweet, decent, caring, family oriented, whatever more. I didn't want to get hurt again, not after Corbin's situation.

To those of you who don't know Corbin, let me do some reviewing.

Corbin first participated in my challenge (father of baby #13). He tended to hang around, and I became attached to him more so. But he then made some inappropriate comments to my daughter, hitting on her, all to hurt me.
He went out of my life, but also came back in. He saved me from a psycho trying to kill me, and it turned out he was an undercover agent working for the police.

I briefly allowed him back in my life, but, knowing it wouldn't work out, we ended all relations.
Corbin is now married to Clara (baby #19), and they have one child, a sweet little girl, named Keli.
With those thoughts, labor arrived.
Welcome to the family,
Meagan Rose
(Thanks to Iris Diagan Ü, who suggested this beautiful name to me on facebook)

and
Lindsey Rose

Twins. Once again.
That same day, Chad took me down to the beach, after much objection from me.

"Chad, my kids!" I told him, not wanting to leave them alone. "Don't worry," he soothed me. "Amber said she would keep an eye on all of them."

Chad took my hands. Mine felt cold in his grip.

"Destiny.. I think.. That we.. That I.. Might have some feelings for you i shouldn't have. So I'd like to know. Would you ever take our relationship, further than just plain friendship?"

~♥~

Hi guys. I apologize, once again, that this is long. When inspiration hits, you just have to get it out there.

First of all, the quality of this post may suck a bit. I'm extremely sick with Bronchitis, possibly the worst I've ever been hit with an illness. I'm writing under the influence of a lot of medication, which is a bad idea, but nonetheless, I'n doing it! So, sorry about that. ;)

Also, I'd like to ask you readers out there, whether Destiny having a boyfriend would be good idea. Yay or nay?
Just so you know, Chad was made from scratch. I saw that he has a resemblance to another challenge mother's boyfriend, and I just wanna put it out there.

Thanks for reading, and ciao.

:)

19 comments:

  1. First comment! lol.
    Anyways, I love the chapter!! Isabella is just like me!! (I'm a bookworm in case you wanted 2 know). Umm...she could have a boyfriend, but it might be kinda hard cause she's doing the challenge and all...she could try? I guess?
    GREAT chapter!! LOVED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! Hailey's face after prom was really funny and I laughed when the kids thought that Chad was a hobo!!! :D So far, Chad seems like a nice guy. The ending was such a cliffhanger. I can't wait to see what Destiny decides!! I hope she says "YES." You're post didn't "suck." I thought it was amazing as always and really, really, really interesting to read. Again, I can't wait for the next one (as usual).

    ReplyDelete
  3. @trufflelegacy:

    Haha! That's good to know. I'm just as big as a bookworm! Just to let you know, Bella is not so innocent as you'd like to think. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Catlover800: That hobo part came from my childhood actually. A stranger came to our house to do some begging. I of course wanted to hit the guy over the head, so I changed that bit and added it to the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO MUCH girls! For your lovely comments, and your opinions. :)

    I'm hoping to get a few posts out really fast, as Destiny's birthday (which is also mine) is coming up July 1st. And I'm a bit far ahead in gameplay, becuz I forgot my b-day plans for the Sims.

    Also, thanks for helping me decide about Chad. It's nice to know what you guys like to read. :D

    -Sincerely yours, incredibly sick,

    Destiny

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) your welcome and I hope you get better soon!! (i need more chapters!! lol jk) Ohh...not so innocent...again, like me! Lol. My parent think I'm their little angel (and it's true when you compare me with my siblings) but then again, not so innocent. I like it!!
    GET BETTER SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I WILL! Hahaha. :D Thank you.

    Though maybe not.. I may have an early death tomorrow - going back to school, and supposedly there's a teacher freaking out because I wasn't there to attend his class.

    *nervous smile*

    ReplyDelete
  8. noooo!! don't die!! *sniffle*
    wait....you still hav school??? I ended on the 16th!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. School ends tomorrow for me, Friday the 24th.

    Then it's about 3 weeks vacation, then back to school for who knows how long.

    >.>

    ReplyDelete
  10. wait wat?? i have the whole summer off! What school do you go to??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't mentioned it yet? I live in South Africa. We don't exactly have a summer break. We have four terms, each with it's own break time between them.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh...that's cool. We have a break for each season. Summer is like...3 months (fav one lol), fall is 1 week (thanksgiving), winter is 2 weeks (christmas and new years), and spring is 1 week (Easter)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I love this post! I love your blog in general(: I just read the whole thing and it is one of my favorites(: I love when the kids thought Chad was a hobo. LOL. I don't know if Destiny should have a boyfriend or not...because if she did would she continue the challenge with different fathers???

    Anyway. I love this post! I'm excited for the next one(:

    Please follow and comment on my challenge(:
    vboothbabychallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loooove your storytellings :3 Makes me so excited xD.
    Can't wait for mooore :)
    Btw. ive tried to comment many times, but Blogger keeps blocking it :s

    Oh, and will you please check out my new legacy-thing-thing? :) would mean a whole lot to me :)

    www.thewindsfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. @vboothbc: Thanks! I followed your blog too. Sad to hear about the end of Victoria's journey, but I'll definitely be following Riley's baby challenge.

    Thanks for the tip too. I'm still thinking about the boyfriend situation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Windsfamily: Yeah, blogger is incredibly frustrating at times. I've had the same issues before.

    Oh, and of course, I'm following your legacy-type story. It'll make for some interesting viewing. :D

    Thank you SO MUCH you guys (girls, really *eyeroll*) for all your comments and get well wishes! I'm still a bit sick, coughing like hell, but anyways, I'm halfway with the next post, so it will be out tomorrow (Tuesday). :D

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMFG!!!! marry chad pleeeeease <3 he is so prefect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @fashion__freak1: He may seem perfect, but Chad is just like other people with some skeletons hidden in the closet. ;)

    Though marrying someone after the challenge will definitely be Destiny's goal.

    ReplyDelete