Monday 7 March 2011

Handyman or Astronaut? Baby #2

The day start out with a change of clothing. I thought it suited the look of a 100 baby challenge mother, yet it was still fashionable.

"Hmm...is that a zit?" I questioned myself. Even when having kids, I still worry about my skin!

"Looking good!"

I kept a picture of Lola Belle on my dresser. There will definitely be family pictures, but this one was important! She was a 5-star celeb, and I was lucky to get this shot!

"Hello, Ariel, sweetie. Time for you to grow up..."

Aging up!

Ariel as a toddler.

She looked at me, and it felt as if my own blue eyes were staring at me. Ariel looked a lot like me, and it seems had her daddy's skin color and eye shape perhaps.

Feeding the toddler.

She was so obedient! She didn't mess at all!

A new father for the challenge was needed, so I went to the library to search.

No one there? Surprising. Maybe I was to early.


There was one guy there. And he was twirling around a wrench. What was up with that?

I introduced myself, and found out his name was Reginald Beckett. He worked part time as a firefighter, but was aspiring to become a Astronaut. So what was up with the wrench? Was he a part time handyman too?

"So... I'm doing this 100 baby challenge, and I was wondering if you could help me out with it..."
"I explained further to him that he didn't have to do anything else for the child, though if he wanted to be apart of the baby's life, he would be allowed.

He nodded and mumbled something every now and again.

"Destiny, I'm flattered... But aren't I too young to have kids? Aren't you? I dunno if I could handle that now..."

"It's hard to wrap my head around all this..."

He thought it through for quite a while. I began to feel nervous, with Ariel at my side even.
"I'll do it," he finally said.

Reginald ran towards my house, which was a about a block away.

With Ariel with me, running was overrated. I walked all the way home.

We kissed...

And proceeded to make baby #2! The lullaby was heard on the first try!

"I'm so happy!"


After Reginald left, I taught Ariel how to walk. Who knew it could be so hard? I laughed every time she sat down stubbornly.

"Say...painting. No, no, no. Pain-ting. Painting!" 

"Ugh, nausea always strikes at the wrong time!"
I hurried off to the bathroom with such speed that it would have put a athlete to shame.

As Ariel dozed off, I too headed off to get a nap, but outside. I loved the sun, and I needed to soak up some Vitamin D again.

I was in a towel, as I was planning on swimming soon.

But no time for that. I had to throw off the towel, because I was pregnant! I stroked my tummy affectionately.
"Hello little baby. Mommy loves you.."


Potty training Ariel. She looked at me so nervously when she was on the potty chair.

Helping Ariel play with the peg box. She easily gets frustrated with it, so I'm there to make sure she's not going to have a fit and start crying. Making her happy keeps me happy. :)

Baby bump day 1.


We took the subway to the science center the next day, and went in for a tour...

And came out fascinated by what we saw. Who knew dinosaurs were so big!

We also went into town to tour the theater and watch a film.

I called a babysitter to take care of little Ariel. I tried going jogging, but being heavily pregnant, it didn't work out so well.

"Ooh, pretty butterflies!"

"And another shiny rock? Ruby, maybe? I love rubies!"

This pregnancy felt like it would last forever. Being so bored, I was even driven to watch television. The kids channel seemed appropriate.

Baby bump day 2.
Baby bump day 3.

Even though the swings are meant for my kids, I spent most of my evening fooling around. I was to afraid to go to bed.


And for good reason! I went cross eyed soon after. I was in labor! And what was I staring at anyway...?

I clutched my stomach in horror. The pain was so overwhelming. Even in that moment, I had to consider my options. I couldn't go to the hospital, as Ariel was still at home.

I scurried off to my room and awaited the arrival of my new boy or girl.

Duncan Rose

It was a blue bundle of joy! Welcome, Duncan Rose!



5 comments:

  1. Awh, I love your kids names! Beautiful! I look forward to following Destiny's challenge, as well I hope you'll follow mine! Good luck! :D

    http://100challenge-joanna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your challenge is great. I love the babies, they are adorable. I'll be sure to keep checking your blog every once in a while.

    http://catlover800.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you girls for the support! I will definitely be following your blogs everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post :) I love Ariel and Duncan!! Keep it up!

    http://catherinebell100challenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ariel's a cutie :) Great post! Lol..I liked the "running is overrated" part. :)

    ReplyDelete