Sunday 13 March 2011

Thriller! Baby #5

I changed my look a bit. I'm now sporting a new hairstyle and everyday wear.
What's more is the fact that it's even valid as maternity wear!


Paying the bills was a huge hassle. Sooner or later, we would have to move back to my hometown; Sunset Valley.

Anxiety aside, it was time for Ariel's and Duncan's birthday!

"Happy Birthday sweetie!" I kept cheering.
Ariel looked more and more like her father. She definitely received some great genes from him.
Duncan squealed in delight as her realized he was growing up.

Duncan as a child. He will catch many hearts with those beautiful eyes.

I dressed up for the evening. People may say this is inappropriate wear for a 100 baby challenge mother. But hey! This was Bridgeport. As long as you look good, no one cares.

The Brightmore was my stop for the evening. I needed to find the next father for the challenge, and I would find him tonight. 
"10, 20, 30... 50 simoleans right here."
The bouncer wasn't as eager to let me in here, so I had to bribe my way in.

"Hah," she snatched the cash from my hand. "Perfect for that guitar I need... Anyway, your cool with me. Go on in."


Oh, the calamity! How people can easily be bribed with money, I thought.

However I stopped dead in my tracks as I entered the room. Who was this guy?

No... No way! Michael Jackson?! This was impossible! I couldn't come to any logical explanation. I had come to realize Bridgeport was a crazy place... But certainly not this crazy?


I couldn't help but stare. If this man was real, this would be like a dream come true. But I knew it couldn't be real.

"Hi!" I chirped excitedly. I decided to play it cool. "So, I'm Destiny Rose. And you are?"

"Malcolm... Yeah, just Malcolm. Who cares for last names?" he replied mysteriously. I was quite puzzled by this man...or whatever he was.
"You know, you really look familiar! Like...Michael Jackson, maybe?" I hinted.

"Oh yeah. Everybody always tells me that. Get's annoying after a while, but it's okay I guess," he replied coolly.


I told him my situation, and to my surprise, he agreed instantly. Did I live in a dream world?

"Hey, let's get dancing Malcolm cheered."
"You can; I'll pass!" I laughed.
"Aw, come on Destiny! It'll be fun!"
Shrugging, I relented. Let's party!

"Hey, you dance really well!"
"Why thank you!" I laughed.

The club was closing, and baby #5 still wasn't conceived. I had to act quick, so I did something I never though I would do...

"Hey, wanna go a lil' crazy...?"


Yeah...

I got home to see that Duncan was stuck in front of the computer.
"Honey; bedtime, remember?"
"Yeah, I'll go up...in a minute," Duncan said without looking up. I sighed, leaving it at that.


Back at home I tried getting some rest, but having twin babies tends to abrupt normal sleeping patterns.

"Aw, Scarlett honey, don't cry. I have your bottle right here..."

Rebecca was the quiet one of the two. She didn't fuss quite as much, which I was glad of. I tickled her before going downstairs.

I tried to find some peace in the living room. But I should know that doesn't really work.


"Mom, mom, get up, get up!" Ariel cheered later on.

"Okay, I'm up, don't worry..," I yawned. She probably wants breakfast. :)

"How does waffles sound, kids?"

"Yes, yes, yes... Waffles sound great, ma!" Duncan seemed glad, though a little stressed out..

"Waffles it is."


"Ariel, we have some real money issues... How would you feel if we moved?" I asked my teenage daughter while eating.

"Not to bad," she answered around the food in her mouth. "I don't feel so positive about this city. Like, the other day, at school. Bling went and punched one guy..."
I laughed at Ariel's tales. She was quite the gossiper.

I wore this expression most of the day. I felt really, really sick.

I bathed in the sun that afternoon.

"Hahaha, eat my dust, you turtle!"


"Oh dear cow..."

"Hahahahaha! I got you! You'll never win against me, queen of all rabbits!"

"Kids, shouldn't you try reading books? A lot better education comes from it!"
"Yeah, sure mom, we'll get to that too," they both said at the same time.
Oh vey.

I really felt like throwing up, but against my better judgement, I tried to ignore it this time around.

"YES! YES YES YES YES! I TOLD YOU I WOULD WIN!" Ariel practically yelled from the couch.
"...Your so mean..." Duncan whimpered.

I was going to paint the kids a special something...

What do you think? I think it looks good where it is right now. Now the kids can see how they looked when playing! I captured something of my kids forever, and  meant the world to me, that painting.

While they played video games, I silently celebrated the fact that I was pregnant!

Later that night on the swings, Duncan had a confession for me.
"Mom... I'm really looking forward to seeing my new little baby brother or sister."
"I'm sure they're just as excited to see you too, sweetie..."

"Lunatics...," I heard Ariel mumble.

The next day, the twins were aging up.


Scarlett was a happy kind of girl. She could never sit still long enough. She had her father's beautiful red-brown eyes. But the hair? That was a mystery.

Rebecca looked more serious than her sister. She too, received her father's striking eyes.  But at least my hair!

I helped Scarlett with her skills...

While Ariel helped Rebecca with hers!

"These small little hands... They're so soft, yet so strong."

"Come on, Rebecca. You can come to me!"

"The TV is broken? Why did nobody tell me?"

I quickly fixed the TV, without getting shocked or burned I'm happy to say.

"Oh, such a pretty wedding..."

"Wait, no, it's a trap! NO! DON'T MARRY HIM! HE'LL KILL YOU! AHHH!"
Excuse me, I get a little excited sometimes...

The next morning, the entire family jammed into a taxi while we headed to the park.

We started out with a lovely picnic.


"Wow, this is so good...," I said, swallowing down my hamburger.
"You said it, ma!" Duncan agreed.

"So, tell me again, why I'm stuck with the toddlers?"

"Hi yah!" I said as I threw the football.

"Oh God..."


"Not so hard ma!"

"Sorry, Duncan, love."

I visited Dr. Jones that night, and she announced that I would have a boy!

I just got home when labor struck me.

"Mom... Your having a freakin' baby in the kitchen! Ahhh!" 
"Thank you, Captain Obvious!" I huffed.

I decided to head to the hospital for this birth. No need for Duncan to freak out anymore.
Callum Rose
I gave birth to a pale little fella named Callum. Welcome to the Rose household, baby #5!

Any comments, criteria, advice, baby name suggestions or requests, are deeply appreciated so feel free to post them!

-PS: Post was made in remembrance to Michael Jackson, who's music I loved. The title is a reference to his song "Thriller".


6 comments:

  1. Great post! I like the idea of using a sim that looks like a famous person instead of making it actually be that famous person. Sorry if that sounded confusing.
    http://catlover800.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Catlover800!!

    Also loved this post. :) The picture of the picnic is P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S! :)

    Can't wait for more... Destiny is a great mom and is also very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your maternity clothes! I'm so sick of the gross ones from the game. Mind sharing where you get them from? Thanks, and I loved the post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Totally appreciate your comments!

    I don't remember where I got all of my maternity wear, but the blue top with hearts I got from Lilisims. Here's a link: http://www.lilisims.com/sims3_html/sims3_female_html/sims3_female_adult_html/sims3_female_adult_page_11.html

    If you browse some more there, you'll see even more maternity clothes, though not all of them are labeled as maternity. Destiny's PJ's are from TheSimsResource.com,, but I think they're subscriber. Some other places to search would be like poppysims and skysims, etc.

    When I find more, I'll post some links. :)

    -Destiny Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, you're a saint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post :) I too, loved MJ. Was so upset when he died. Cant wait to see how Callum ends up looking! I also agree with Catlover, its nice that he wasn't REALLY MJ, but just looked like him…

    http://catherinebell100challenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete