Wednesday 13 April 2011

Never go partying, ever - Baby #22

Having been interrupted by my arduous labor, I continued doing the task I had done before; potty training little red-headed Catherine.

"Sweetie, you don't seem rattled by me giving birth... Maybe you'd be able to handle this better than everyone else!"

Kalia still helped me out with Clara, even though she was moving out that day. Oh, how I would miss her!


Daniel would catch so many girl's hearts with his handsome looks. He changed so much from childhood. The shy little boy who would wear a tie and shorts turned into a trendy teenager, ready to face the world.


Demi-Dee was gorgeous, looking a lot like her father, but I was very worried about her. She chose a much different look than all her piers. A dark, Gothic-type look, with A LOT of make-up. No matter how much I would object, she wouldn't listen. Maybe if I hadn't been in such a state over Corbin, I could have prevented this when she aged up to a child.

She had cut off her long locks of hair, which I was sad about, but I didn't say anything. DD would spend hours and hours in front of the mirror just to make sure her hair and make-up were "cool" enough to fit in with the her crowd of friends. Whatever crowd that was, I hoped she would overcome them and find different ones. 

"Hello, Clara. Do you know that your growing up today? Me too! And I'm leaving the house, and you... I will miss you so much, sissy. We had some fun times, didn't we?"

"I will miss this house... The kitchen, the lounge, the activities room... Mom, sissy, Cath, Daniel, DD... Hell, I'll even miss the baby's crying! Okay. Maybe not that..." Kalia was tearing up in the kitchen. She couldn't bear to leave the Rose household. She will me missed dearly.

When I look at Kalia, I could actually be looking into a mirror. Though Kalia of course looks younger and more prettier than me, she could be my twin sister. She's so mature now, much more than she was as a teen. I wish for all her hopes and dreams to come true!

I now know why I kept having a eerie feeling about DD. She grew up with the evil trait, and would sometimes burst out laughing darkly, scaring the little ones. It even scared me.


"Now, I must start my plot against the world...! What should I do first? World domination? That's so 20th century..."


The tenacious Clara. She could sit hours in front of a cross puzzle that's meant for adults, and yet still come up with viable answers for it. In her words, she was 'trying to stretch her knowledge base'. Ambitious is the best word to describe her.

The lovely Catherine. The sweetest girl under the moon I have ever met. She has a sweet round face, like her sister, that definitely fits her personality. The sweetcorn of all corn, some say. I've never heard that saying, though. When I look at her and Clara, there are only single differences between them.

Demi-Dee came up to me with a troubled face, yet it looked strange with all that heavy make-up.

"Mom. Can I grow up again? I know I'm not gonna fit in here, so I'm not even gonna try. You know my ways. I was born this way (Lady Gaga's song popped in my head, needless to say). So let me just make everyone happy and move out with Kalia. Maybe she can help me abandon being evil."

I couldn't say anything to her argument. I didn't want her feeling bad.

"Okay. But promise me you will study something when you grow up, to make up for your teen years..."


Catherine and Clara had a sort of an agreement that day. That they would try and switch personalities for one day, to see how they would feel in each other's shoes. They were very close, these girls.

"You know, a scowl on my face doesn't match me at all...," Catherine commented.
"A smile actually totally rules my world. I think I should adopt this positive look." Clara, on the other hand, was more than happy with being, well, happy for once. A smile definitely suited her face,
Kalia and DD packed their bags and set off to live on their own; together though. I thought it would be an interesting arrangement. The girls are nothing alike, so how would they manage living together as adults, with their own lives to lead?


Just as my two girls drove off, I received a very interesting visit..from... a simbot? Oh my, this would be different! What would a robot be doing at my doorstep?

"Hello, Miss Destiny Rose! I'm Deandre Bot, and I will be helping you out a bit today!" the mysterious visitor chirped.

"Exactly, why are you here? Who sent you? How do you even know about me?" I kept asking, trying to unravel this Simbot's unexpected appearance.

"Miss, no one sent me," Deandre Bot denied innocently. I've read all about you, and I though you might need some friendly help! Or just a friendly best friend who's shoulder you could cry on!"

Deandre seemed innocent enough. And if she really was here to help with housework, I couldn't turn it down right?
"You know what you need? A nice night out! Go to a nightclub or something. Your still a very young lady, and you should express yourself to things like that while your still young!"

A night out? My kids? I couldn't just leave them...

"I'll take care of your young ones, miss! Don't fret, Deandre 

So, eventually, I came around to the idea the Bot suggested. And with a big smile on my face, I set off to find a viable club that suited me. What suits me though? All I ask from a club that it doesn't have smokers, or bikers.

This was the place where I ended this evening. I didn't know the name, as the place was still in construction. Apparently it was actually a house, now renovated to a club. Hmm. Doesn't sound too bad. Couldn't hurt to try, I figured.

With my high(ish) mixology skill, I took on serving the bar. This turned out to bed tougher than I thought. 


"One Jazzer Upper, please!"

Jazzer Upper? I have never heard of that, but it sounded like it had something to do with parties... So I mixed up a mean party drink.

"Here you go sir... One.. Jazzer... Upper... Hope you like it...?"

I wondered if I had messed this one up. Curious to how it tasted, I took a huge gulp of it, and almost immediately, I wanted to spit it out. It wasn't bad. Not at all. Very good, by my standards. But it was strong! It literally burned my mouth and my throat as it went down. Something I wasn't used to, as I never drank much in my life. Instantly I felt a small prick of nausea. I had a weak stomach, I know.

"Girl, you look like you need a break... Your a bit on the green side. Here, take a seat and let the master show you how to make a fantastic drink that you've never seen before!" the mixologist told me with much enthusiasm, and drama. Yes, drama.

Was he putting my drink on fire, I wondered. But after it popped it my head, I knew I was just being silly.

I chugged it down in almost one gulp. It was so warm! And delicious! Oh, how I craved more of these drinks.

"Bartender, hit me with another, please!"

The mixologist nodded, and started mixing me another drink.

So I downed another...

And another. More followed pursuit. I can't remember how many drinks I had, but I kept wanting more. Maybe I'm turning into a alcoholic, were my last coherent thoughts.

I don't even know how I got home that evening.

When I woke up the next day, I had a HUGE headache. Words cannot describe how it felt. Like a porcupine sticking out all it's needles for protection in my head, I later thought. The first thing I did was make coffee. Then I headed off to invent.
While welding parts of my latest creation, my eyes were drawn to my lower arm... Oh my gosh. I had gotten a tattoo!? Just how drunk had I been? It was a small rose, I noticed. I loved roses, of course. But I'm not that obsessed to get a tattoo...


With the shock of discovering I had an unexpected tattoo, I set myself on fire; accidentally, of course. It didn't feel great to be singed and have a hell of a hangover on the same day.

No matter what, I persisted, and made quite an invention; I think it's a miner. But I had nothing to mine!
Being hungry, I stopped inventing for a while... But I was overcome by a feeling of dread. It felt terrible. Like death was taking me piece by piece, crawling up from my legs.

Oh no... Please not this...

When the red bats faded away, I was left a whole lot paler, with shiny eyes and even fangs. I wasn't a stranger to what was going on. Something must have happened last night. And now I was a vampire, somehow. Oh, the horror... I had heard vampire stories. For goodness sake, I had lived in Bridgeport for a while, and I had seen so many vampires scurrying about, it wasn't even funny. Vampires were violent. Scared people who they came in contact with. Drank them dry... I shuddered.

To me, I looked pretty much still the same, apart from the obvious differences. Only a shiny pair of eyes, and luminescent skin. Plus one vamp tattoo on my neck. I could recognize myself, so surely it wasn't that bad?


That afternoon, I spent hours, trying to remember what had happened last night. I know that I became...drunk. But why didn't I stop drinking? I know exactly how much I should have and how much I can handle...

At that moment images started flashing through my head. Incoherent at first, but being a vampire, I guess it must've have cleared up my head a bit too. I clearly started remembering what went on and just how much I partied.

The tattoo machine. When I had looked at it at first, I avoided it at all costs. Nu uh, no tats in my lifetime, thank you very much. But in my drunken state, I remember that I headed straight towards it.

"How could I have done that?" I mused to myself once again. There had to be more. Picking up a book, I dived straight into it's contents, trying to relax, to remember again. I did.

"Please, I beg you with all my life! Make me a vampire! I would do anything!" I remembered, my voice echoing strangely in this memory.

Pointing to my wrist, I remembered I only said two words after that.

"Bite me..."

And he did. The vampire's teeth sunk into my arm, like a steel blade cutting through soft butter. The pain... I knew I hadn't screamed or anything. I felt like doing that know. I cringed away from the memory, and started reading again.

When the kids got back home, everything felt worse. I could feel Daniel's stare digging into the back of my skull. He knew something was afoot. That I wasn't the same. I counted the seconds before he started walking slowly to the activities room. Exactly four minutes.

"What happened......?" I heard Daniel mutter later on. Acute vampire hearing. Cool.

With Clara, it wasn't that bad. She, at least, had made an effort to be close to me again. With faked comfort obviously, she walked past me to the couch.


For a few minutes, she sat quietly and watched as I read my book. I tried not to let her stare bug me. But of course with all things, she must've felt threatened. So she shuffled away a spot, away from me.

And then even another spot. How I wanted to cry that my own kids can't feel comfortable around me.
That's when another memory popped in my head. Something a bit more disturbing. 

I had been in the hot tub with something?


A expression of disgust formed on my face. I had really let myself go last night. I somehow wanted to blame it on that Simbot Deandre, who, after my return, vanished without a trace.

But with that, I felt the nausea creep through me. This had to be one of those vampire things.
Whatever the case, I returned to inventing, and I had something real special. The Magical Gnome of Inventing! 

Surprised, but happy, I could not could celebrate the fact that I had a tiny baby bump. No matter how this child was conceived, it was a gift. And I would cherish him or her with all my heart.


Everywhere piles of laundry were strewn. The kids seemed to think everywhere was their room. With a wisp of a sigh, I bent down and picked it all up, then returned to the laundry room.

"We need more softener, that's for sure," I grumbled to myself. I couldn't venture out in daylight, I found out, so I had to stay indoors at all costs. That even meant I couldn't go shopping.


Little Eli was adorable! He inherited his father's awesome peacock-like hair color, and even his soft gray eyes. Even the grayish luminescent tan on his skin looked like it could have come from his father.

While sitting down, trying to teach Elijah, he would only look at me with curious and amused eyes, sucking his thumbs, daring me to react to that. I could only laugh. it seems he even had gotten his father's cheeky personality!

Finally, it was nighttime. I could now venture outside with ease, without being burnt to a crisp. I didn't need a car; oh no. It was faster on foot. With my inhuman speed, I reached the store without trouble. How thrilling it was! It was like everything else moved at a much slower pace, and I moved with blinding speed.

Now, the issue on food. I've tried eating it. But in the end, it all came back up. Human food wouldn't do. I refused to drink blood like in all those old folktales. I didn't want to be a killer. Yet the natural hunting instinct was there. 

I found that plasma fruit and plasma juice would have to do. It was the only thing that affected my hunger... 'Scuse me, thirst.

"Now, Eli, this is how you walk. Try putting one foot in front of the other... Then again...and again... And like that, you have the basics on how to walk! Does it sound easy?"

I fetched the laundry later that evening, while all the kids, except Elijah, were asleep. The soft Lavender scent of the clean clothing was much stronger with my new gained senses.

Look, I gained another visitor! Two gnomes found on the same day. I have all the luck... And even all the bad luck.

Eli and I were bored, so I entertained him with some Sesame Street toys I had bought especially for him and the kids. He laughed a tinkling laugh at all my lame sentences.


He even had the cutest way of walking! Stubbornly, he didn't want to be helped when he walked far distances, like heading to the living room. But this time he only walked to the nursery, and immediately picked the building blocks as his toy to play with.

Even with daylight, I walked with a very big belly into the Science Center. Just for in case, I was going to buy a curing potion. Who knows, I may even start liking being a vampire for a while.


It was a red bottle, with an old symbol on it. At first look, I thought it was a dragon. But on closer inspection, I thought it started looking more and more like a skull. I wouldn't carry it around with me; oh no. It stank way to much. If this was the price to pay to become human again, I don't know if I would pay it. Would I survive, drinking it?



Who says vampires can't take naps? Vampirific slumber beds looked too weird to sleep on. Who would want to sleep in mid-air? I preferred the normal, cushioned bed, thank you very much.


Hours later, with the kids already home, I got up, and immediately clutched my stomach liek I always do. Ooooh. Labor pains!

Will I survive? Will this birth be any different than all my the other births? A million and one questions flew through my brain. Should I go to the hospital? Can the help me?

I ended up staying at home, and gave birth... To another blue bundle!

Matthew Rose

"Welcome to the world, to your new home, Matthew..."

Matthew means 'gift of god'. He truly was a gift, no matter how he came.

But now, I realized, something else had to be done.


I placed the newly born Matt in his crib, then stepped into the kitchen, picking up the Vampire B-gone potion with courage I didn't really feel.

"It'll be fine... I'll survive... In a few moments I'll be human again... Nothing to worry about..."



And with those thoughts, I drank the potion, instinctively wanting to choke it back up. The smell had done it wrong. It tasted much, MUCH worse than it smelled. But being persistent, I kept drinking, until nothing was left. I even peeked into the bottle, to see everything was gone.

"What happens now..."


What happened next happened with exaggerated suspense. Black bats and red sparks surrounded me, completely enveloping me.

I want this curse no longer...! Make me human....! I thought with power.
And then there I was, Destiny Hailey Rose. 100% human. No more thirst for me. No more speeding around on my feet. No more reading other people's minds. No more vampirism. This thought definitely cheered me up!

Soon after that, I received a call, not bothering to check who it was.

"Destiny... How could you? I give you almost eternal life, yet the first chance you get, you throw it away? You make me sick! You will pay. I'm coming over. Now."

Click. He had hung up on me! I felt very much threatened. This person, whoever it was, had seen me change back to human. He had even knew I had been a vampire, a fact that had not escaped this house!
Out the door, I saw a man in Army overalls come up. I gasped. It couldn't be..

Sorry this may not have been the best post, and that it was a bit later than usual! Know that I would never rip anyone else's ideas off, and that I have had this idea since I started thinking of doing a baby challenge, which is quite a while ago before I've started reading 100 baby challenge blogs. If you have any complaints about it, just let me know!


Anyways, Thank you for reading! If you have any complaints, criteria, name suggestions, or anything like that, I would deeply appreciate it, as I 
love feedback!

4 comments:

  1. Cliffhanger ending, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH i want more!!! i cant wait to see who it is and what happens!!! it was so good! i wish i could write as good as you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this a an AMAZING post and the ending makes me want to read the next post (I can't wait!!!). Also, I really want to know who the guy is!!! Keep on writing your fantastic challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also want to know what happens :) Great post, and I liked the idea!

    ReplyDelete