Friday 22 April 2011

Playing dress-up - Baby #26


My face wore an expression of disgust, every time I had to touch the yucky bag of waste from the trash can. Say what you will, it's gross. And it stinks. I'll never get used to it, so why do I even try? Next time I'll get Latex gloves.

Jay was running all around the place, so that definitely worked up an appetite, I believed. At the table, Jay squirmed a little bit for some food. I had to check on the boys outside to make sure they haven't injured themselves, so I couldn't make him any fancy food, so a bottle had to do.


Matthew was outside on the trampoline. Like all vampires, Matt loved being outside in the darkness. But if he would be evil like many other vampires, I wouldn't know.

Destiny - Matthew, are you okay? Shouldn't you be in bed by now? Remember, tomorrow is school!
Matthew - I don't wanna go to school ma!
Destiny - Matt...
Matthew - Alright, fine! But five more minutes? I love the trampoline! And you should get on too! 



To please my son, I joined him on the trampoline, and ended up flying higher than he did.

"Wee...! Woah, woah... This is so much FUN!" I cheered as I bounced up and down in the clear night sky. The wind blew my hair pass my face every time I jumped up, and I loved it. I felt completely free.


In the meantime, Elijah had been preparing something special; he was busy trying to light the fire pit, but it was harder than it looked, it seemed.


Matt - I love you, bro Eli! Thanks to you, mom's letting me stay up later.
Elijah - Your welcome, but mom is usually smarter than you.
Matt - Are you inferring that I'm stupid sometimes?
Elijah - I was implying it; you then inferred it.




We spent quite a while outside, roasting marshmellows. The minutes ticked by, and all of a sudden there was a very cold nit in the air. Even by the fire, it was starting to get cold. So I made the hard decision to call it a night.


Matt - Ma!
Destiny - Nu uh, no complaining. But you can stay up a bit longer; I have to teach you boys something.
Matt - Sweet!!!
Elijah - That "something" sounds dangerous...


I rounded the boys up in the laundry room, for a little talk. Straightening my back and posture, I tried to take on the air of authority those men in the Army have. Very formal, hmm.

Destiny - Right, boys. As there are no other girls in the house capable of learning this, you two, will be my audience for the evening. Now, one day, when your older, and move out of the house, and marry that special someone, you should be able to help him or her with housework, like for instance, the laundry.
Matt - (groaning) You have got to be kidding me...
Elijah - (elbowing Matt) Will you shut up! This is important.




Destiny - First off, you need to gather the dirty clothing. Now if your lucky enough and have just enough money, you can put dirty clothing in the washer.
Elijah - What if your poor?
Matt - Then you throw it away, duh. Or let someone else wash it.
Destiny - (clears throat) That's not the case. Though the laundromat is a viable option, you can, of course, always wash it by hand. Anyways, when you have the dirty clothing, throw it in the washer, then put enough washing powder, or detergent in it. Then you close it up, set it to rinse, and watch the machine do the rest. Simple?
Matt - Yes, 'mam.
Elijah - He can't shut up, can he..


As I went to sit, Matthew jumped up, heading for the door. Clearing my throat quite noisily, I indicated to him the mess on the floor. He groaned out loud, throwing his head backwards. He was definitely not happy with cleaning up. Elijah and I only smiled at each other, trying very hard not to laugh at Matt. 


Matt - Why am I always the one that has to do the stupid, dirty, heavy work. it's so unfair...




Destiny - So, Eli, how's school? Doing good in grades? Do you your eye on a girl, perhaps yet...?
Elijah - Mom!
Destiny - (smiling) Sorry, mom's are known to be nosy. Your lucky your grandma isn't the one questioning you. She would definitely force a confession out of you sometime.

At my last remark, Elijah smiled. Placing his hand on his chest, he looked at me with shining eyes. "My secret," he finally said.


Matt - Hey mom. I think the clothes in the dryer are done. Just a guess here, not sure, 'cuz I don't know a thing about these red machines.

I sighed. It seemed he didn't pay much attention to what I was trying to teach him.



Destiny - Your right; they're done. (sniffs clothing) And it smells great.

Matt - I'm so smart, aren't I! I knew that it was done. What do you have to say to that, Eli?
Elijah - Just go to bed...
Matt - Jealousy makes you nasty..

Elijah - No offense, but that made you sound like a girl.

Matthew's only answer to that was a surprised gasp. I could only laugh. 



The next morning, before school, we had some birthday celebrations again. Elijah, being the eldest of my current group of kids, went first of course. A sad day for the Rose household, as yet another wonderful baby (not really babies anymore, but I call them that; strangely, they like it) leaves the house. This time it was different, as a bunch of red sparkles surrounded him, instead of the usual rainbow colored ones.

The dashing Elijah as a young adult. He was all ready to move out and lead his life to the fullest. To my delight, he has no evil aspirations, and no intention to become like that. Whoopee! may all your dreams come true, Elijah Rose, baby #21!

Having excitable as one of his traits, Elijah sometimes had the need to express funny faces... Probably just excitement, I concluded.




Destiny - I'm gonna miss you, sweetie. Your such a joy to have in the house; hard to let you go.
Elijah - Oh, mom. Your so emotional. You cry way to much. Don't worry, I'll always be a few seconds away, thanks to my super speed. I never knew it was so exhilarating.
Destiny - It is. So no chance of you turning to be a human?
Elijah - (chuckles) maybe, though not in the immediate future. I look at it as a gift. Maybe I can help people. 

There was a slight pause before he spoke again. 


Elijah - Mom.. There's something I need to tell you. Someone I need to introduce you to.

I peeked around his shoulder, and a tall, slender blonde girl stood in the doorway. I had no idea who she was, but this may be the girl Elijah wanted to introduce me to. She looked like she had just graduated high school.

Destiny - Uh huh. And might I guess that is the person you want to introduce me to?

Eli whirled around to face the girl, and immediately his face lit up. I was so right.
"Hello, miss Rose. It's very nice to meet you finally. I'm Natalie White."


She had a very clear voice as she introduced herself, a lot of her confidence shining through. Once sentence out of her mouth, and I already like her.

Elijah calmly walked to the other side of the room, giving me and Natalie some one-on-one time. Hmm.


"Miss Rose. I'd like to start out with saying I love your son very much. You raised him to be an exceptional man, and I love everything about him. Even his bad habits, which he doesn't have much of. I'm here to ask your blessing, if Elijah ever asks, to marry him. I don't think I'll find anyone else as friendly and unique as him. Him being a vampire... It doesn't make him any different."


Natalie ended her short speech with a bow of her head, and her eyes stayed glued to the floor.  
"Natalie, you look perfect for Elijah. I was pretty worried that he would shy away from people, particularly females... I'm happy to say I was wrong. You have my utmost blessing in this request."


Her only answer was a very big smile spreading across her face. I had made her one true dream come true, I realized later. 


"Thank you, so much, miss Rose!" Natalie almost sobbed as I drew her into a warm hug.
"Anytime. and please, call me Destiny. Miss Rose sounds so weird.." My eyebrows raised as I said this. "Miss" reminded me so much that I wouldn't be able to become "Misses" anytime soon. Only after the challenge. But it will be worth the wait.



I saw how Natalie looked at Elijah affectionately. Eli of course, still stood in the corner. Hopefully getting his words in order for a proposal. They both were a bunch of nerves. Who will break the ice first?

"Okay, okay, I'm going...," I said after a while. Ah well, might as well break the ice myself. At least this should put things in motion.

Also, I didn't really keep my word. I kept the door open a fraction, so I could peek through...

Eli started off with a kiss. So sweet of him. I don't think she had been expecting that. Maybe she had thought he would take them somewhere else more fancy, or more quieter. 
 "What was that for?" Natalie asked, half-confused, half-totally scared out of her wits.
"Hang on a minute, I have something for you..."

Eli got down to one knee, and took out a small black box from his pocket. From where I stood, I had the greatest view of what was happening. They didn't even know I was watching!

"Natalie Joan White, I promise to love you, forever. Through the rough patches, and through the happy patches of our life. I want to be with you, and only you. No one else, is as perfect as you. So I ask you, for your hand in marriage."

Natalie was dumbstruck. I secretly snapped a photo of this. She had been expecting it, but with all things, even when you expected something, you still get a fright. Or a shock, in this case.

"Will you...marry me?" Elijah repeated the question, as he held the engagement ring in the air. How much did it cost, I wondered secretly. It was quite a fancy piece of jewelry.

"Yes. With all my heart. I will marry you, Elijah Rose.."

And with that, Eli slid the jewel onto her finger.

Elijah heaved an audible sigh. He was so relieved with her answer.  He drew her into a tight embrace.

"I love you, Nat."
"I love you, too, Eli."


"Mom, were you eavesdropping?" Elijah gasped in horror as he noticed me standing there at the door.

"Okay, I did! But it doesn't matter; your engaged!"


With them both laughing at me, they decided to immediately get married. And when I say 'immediately', I mean they decided to get married right there in our lounge.

They said their vows, which made me cry. Eli slid the real ring on her finger, while Natalie slid on another ring on Eli's hand.


With their hands on top of each others, they stared at each other lovingly. They were now officially married!


And like that, Elijah commandeered a cab, and arranged for them to fly to France. He was one big romantic; he might have watched to much of the romance channel in his youth.

Natalie was swinging with joy. She looked very dreamy when they left. 
As I went out to watch them leave, someone else came tooting around. A man with a steel suit, and a venetian mask stuck on his face. Medieval, screamed his look.

He gave me a polite wave, and I could only chuckle.


As I approached him, he took on a very cavalier attitude.

"Lady Destiny, it is a honor to finally meet you."

"Okay...," I started, confused. He seemed to be spouting medieval talk now. "Maybe you'd like to tell me who you are? Did you get lost in the time machine? 'Cause people don't really wear what your wearing.."

"No, no, no! I am sir Raimon. I'm a knight. Or more specifically, I'm an actor, currently taking on a medieval turn. And I'm here to take part in your wonderful challenge."

I pondered what he had said for a moment. I was searching for a daddy, like always. And he did have pretty unique features, from what I can see. Pretty purple eyes, and interesting hair. From behind the mask, I think he looked handsome.


Destiny - Alright. You can take part in the challenge, though it's a first to have an actor take part...
Sir Raimon - Thank you, Lady Destiny. But I do have one, small request.

I groaned. Crap.

Sir Raimon - I wish for you to dress up in medieval related outfits. I need to see what outfit would suit best with my knight complexion.


Destiny - Okay? How many outfits do I need to try on..?

He chuckled before he answer, which didn't make me feel better.

Sir Raimon - As many as necessary! Until I feel like I've found the match.


I am so glad I had a lot of Halloween clothing. Luckily, some of them were medieval themed. So I didn't have to run to the shops and buy clothing.


The first dress was more of a peasant dress, though not street crap. It looked fancy, for a peasant dress, I mean.

But Leonard Raimon was not happy with this. 

"Too low-class," he had said.

The next dress was a very fancy, VERY high classed queen dress. I felt a tad bit uncomfortable in it.


Raimon's only answer was a blank stare. Okay, so he wasn't happy with this one, also.


With the last dress, I think I might have struck gold. I felt really beautiful in this dress. It was also a queen dress, but much more lighter.

"Now, THAT is a dress that suits a queen," he whispered in my ear. "It definitely suits you."


I smiled, and gave him a thank you hug. I thanked the stars that it only took three dresses, and no more. To tell the truth, I was running out of costumes.

Raimon - Destiny, I mean, Lady Destiny. Who's that walking over there?

He pointed to the shadows, and my gaze followed his eyes. Of course!


"Catherine! It's you!" I gasped.


Cath - The one and only. Hey, mom. Seeing your busy as always.

Destiny - (Blushing) I'm gonna ignore that comment. What are you doing here? You should have rung the doorbell!

Cath - I did. But I got sick of waiting.

I could laugh at her. Catherine was known for being impatient with many things.


Catherine - Yeah. I'm only here to visit someone. No offense to you, but that someone, is my all time favorite trampoline!


Destiny - None taken. 

Catherine - By the way... Wee! I mean. I meant to tell you... Woopee! Ugh. I meant to say that I'm gonna be a superstar athlete... Woah! So I'm practicing my body!

While Catherine talked, she did an array of stunts, from backflips, to cartwheels. In the air.
Leaving Catherine on the trampoline, Raimon and I got to the baby making process!



As Raimon left, I went over to Jay. It was his birthday, after all! Time to grow into a child, little one.

Jay still very much looked like his father; even more so. He and Ashton, baby #13, who is also Corbin's son, could talk for hours. They were both biologically brothers. 


In other news, now that Jay aged up, and understood more about the baby challenge..  I had a slight feeling that he was resenting me for doing it. Like he wished I would settle down with his father and be normal, like all the other families. This was a new thing to me. All my other kids usually accepted what I did.


Matthew was sad to be aging up. I think he loved being a child and doing insane things. That's what made Matthew...well, Matthew.


I tried to cheer Matt on by clapping and cheering, but I don't think it worked.

But even while cheering, the sadness was there in my eyes.


Matthew is full of indecision. One moment his hair stood everywhere, then he decided to shave a lot of it off. Then he wanted to change back to his old cut.


"Matt, hair doesn't just grow when ever you want! When you cut it off, it stays like that for a while."

I hope this indecision issue doesn't mix with his school work. When he starts to doubt about his test questions.. Then I really would be worried. On the plus side, he did grow out of talking to himself a bit.

Matt finally did decide to help me age up the babies; hallelujah!

This is the lovely Gardenia Rose. Her blonde hair was closer to her dad's shade of hair, but not entirely. He had highlights in his. I'm so very happy she did inherit his eye color!


Gardenia is a sweet little girl, with a tendency to bite her fingers from time to time. No worries. All toddlers did that.

Garcia barely has any hair to speak of! I binded a little ribbon around her head, and she looks so adorable. She had the same light pink-red hair I have, but her eyes are a mystery, which suits her fine. Mysterious babies are always fun. 

By the way.. I sold my car, and bought a cheaper one. What do you think of my Toyota Prius? :)

Matthew and I worked through the night with the toddlers, teaching them everything we could. 

Garcia wore a very nervous expression while Matt helped her up on her feet. So cute! I hope she comes to trust in her big brother; he'll never let her fall.


I was left with Gardenia, and boy, was she stubborn! With a determined look on her face, she kept in her sitting position until I literally unfolded her out of it.

"Now, now. That's not so nice, is it, Gardenia?"



When checking to see all the kids were asleep later that evening, I found Matt in the hot tub. He didn't look like he was going to move anytime soon. I sighed. My babies are all beautiful, yet they're all so stubborn. Matt, my couch-potato baby.



Destiny - Matthew. Bed time. You can't spend all time in the hot tub.
Matt - Mmm... In a minute.. I'll be inside in a minute...

I left it at that, rather. I didn't want any fights to break out tonight.

With a shake of the head, I head to the girls' room to find the twins still playing with the toys on the floor. The sight of them playing ever so cheerfully brought peace to my heart.


~In other news~

I had gotten some exciting news from Abigail, baby #13! Okay, I had technically heard it from Scarlett, but still, I decided to pay them a visit.

Abigail had just had twin girls; Salina and Dora! Grandkids for me!

"Hello, Dora. I'm your grandma. You can call me Granny D, anytime..."


I loved hugging my grandchildren. I believed my kids should be treated with lots of love, and that their kids should be treated with even more love and cherish-ness!

Abigail didn't have a kids room yet, so I had converted one of the small rooms into a viable nursery!

I could see the love that shone from Abby's eyes as she played with Salina. I knew she would become a good mother!

Dora squirmed in my arms for attention. Ahh. A little bundle of energy, that's what she will become. I gave her a bottle of milk to shush her for a while.


When we were putting the girls to bed, Abigail said something that shocked me more than a cold jet of water squirted in my face would.

"Mom, leave the house. I don't want you here now."

In some way, I could probably understand how she was feeling. Tired, distressed, and suddenly she had two mouths to feed. That would make anyone a bit grumpy. But the remark stung. No child of mine had ever hurt me so much.



That night, as I climbed into bed, my shoulders shook with sadness, and tears dropped from my eyes. I had been rejected, by my own daughter. Had I done something wrong? Didn't I ever give her enough attention during childhood? A million questions came and went through my head. If only I knew.



The next morning, I tried to forget about Abby and what had happened last night, by playing video games. My kids played it; so maybe I could too. They looked as if they forgot everything else important when they were busy with it. 

By the afternoon, I was already a pro! I could easily win any fight the TV threw at me.

"The kids are right; video games are fun..."


When Matthew arrived home from school, he immediately started freaking out. I didn't know why, but a few seconds later, I felt something break loose within me. Crap. Labor. How had Matt known it was about to come? Some sixth sense? Hmm. Nifty.

I went from cross-eyed...


To totally in pain.


I slouched all the way to the nursery, with a sore back, and a heavy tummy that was very unstable. If only this could have been a quick process!

---


The cramps grew worse, than finally stopped.

Welcome another blue bundle into the house!

Eleazar Rose
I had a house full of almost all boys... How will the girls feel about this?



~♥~


Hello, and thank you for reading this post! The Rose family very much appreciates it!

If you have any complaints, criteria, name suggestions or anything like that, I would love it, any any type of feedback is good feedback! All of this can be left in the form of comments, or you can reach me at destiny.rose0701@yahoo.com

:)

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I love baby 26's name. It's so unique. I really want to know what happened with Abby!! AH! I feel so bad for Destiny to be treated that way, especially with all the other stuff she's already been through. Can't wait for the next post!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Catlover, the name is really unique and beautiful! And why is Abigail so nasty with her mom. I hope to find out about this is the upcoming updates, hopefully? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say something bad to Abby if I were Destiny, but if I had to say it, it would censored, lol. How dare she! Such a cool post. I liked the dresses Destiny had on - links? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's wrong with Abby?!?!? Why would she do that to Destiny? The costume guy cracked me up, but I did like the dress she was wearing. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete