Monday 4 April 2011

The tale behind Elliott Hendricks


Elliott Hendricks is known as the father of baby #14, 15, and 16, the K-Triplets. But maybe there's more to him than just a name and a pretty face? Why did he come out of no where to be a father in Destiny's challenge? And why so early? Where DID he run off to in the end? 

This tale will be told from HIS perspective, and no one elses. It shows how he ends up in Sunset Valley, and why, he came to participate in the 100 baby challenge.


So... How do we start this? I am not who people think I am. My name is not Elliott Hendricks. Oh no. I was born Elijah Baxter, and I hail from Twinbrook.
This was our home, in the "friendly" neighborhood of the town. Friendly hardly does it justice. It was the only place I had to call home. Everywhere else was hostile.
And this, is me. Elijah Baxter. 11 years old at the time. I had no idea what I was capable of at the time, and I pity myself to think I could be a simple young boy.

This, was my mother. Eleanor Baxter. She was the only family I had left. My dad left when I was born, the coward that he was. Mum speaks highly of him, but I know...he's just a lonely old man who couldn't stand by the people who loves him, in reality.

My mother was a artist, very much respected in the community. It's what placed the food on our table. She was my idol, always.

On September 23, my life would take a turn for the worst. But let's start from the beginning, shall we?

"Eli.. Can I ask ya a favor, sweetheart?" my mother had asked in her countryside accent.

"Anythin', mum," I had replied. I too, had such a accent, yet not so pronounced.

"Would you mind goin' to the gardens, Eli? We need some tomato's and onions, for dinner. I ain't got time to go the grocery store, so it'd be a real help if you'd go!"

"I will, mum."

A half an hour later, I was slowly making my way to the town gardens. My eyes cast everywhere, in search for what mum needed.

Something distracted me. Kids playing tag in the gardens? Was that allowed? But they looked like they had so much fun...

The girl... She was so pretty. She didn't look like she was from around here, that's for sure.

I only stared at them from a distance, with a pang of jealousy. If only I had family that would play along with me like that.

"Phew...Sheesh.. Ugh. Destiny...phew...you got me..."
It looked like he was about to be sick. Who was he, anyways?

The woman that was with them.. It didn't look like their mom. By the wrinkles on her face, I figured she must've been their grandmother.

"Hey, you!" the girl called me out. "Come on in here! We won't bite."

I mustered up every ounce of courage I had, and went on in in their pen.


The girl introduced herself as Destiny Rose. She came from Sunset Valley. I had heard about that place. It never rained there, apparently. That was something I had to see.

She, and her best friend, one Toby Jenkins, came on vacation to Twinbrook to visit her grandma.


They would occasionally start pulling faces, laughing hysterically. These people from Sunset Valley... They weren't normal. 

I was strangely irritated by this kid. I wanted to spend more time with her. I wanted to be alone with her. I liked her. She was nice. These thoughts had scared me. Why was I feeling this way about this girl?

I looked at her face once again. She had the sweetest smile... Her eyes would lit up as she laughed. I couldn't find anything wrong with her. I felt that she was absolutely perfect, and everyone else was just wrong. Like they were not whole, and she was.

The little brat Toby came to her and whispered something to her... And they both laughed in secret. Were they laughing about me? I just wanted to punch this guy...

"Hey...," Destiny stopped me before I wanted to turn around and run. "Would you like to come over to my grandma's house? She's gonna be out on business, so we have the house and playground to ourselves. We plan on playing tag. Wanna come?"

"Uhm... O-kay?" I had said, placing my hands together with delight. Great! This gives me a chance to get to know her better.

"Okay! My grandma's going now, so you can ride with us."

Her grandma owned a mansion. It looked like they were filthy rich, unlike me and mum.

We played tag the entire afternoon...


"Hahahaha!" Destiny laughed. The lovely sound of it astonished me. "You are sooo it!"

"Aww, man...."

"Haha! Your really slow, Toby. You may have to hop onto a treadmill when your a teen!"

With that comment, she ran off to the other side of the house...

Leaving Toby to chase after me, currently out of breath.

"Tag!" it felt like he punched me when he tagged me.

I couldn't contain my anger; I flipped.

"Why did you just hit me, you imbecile! That ain't in the rules! What are you? Jealous 'cause I came along and took your friend away?"

"Say what... Dude, your unstable." Toby looked at me, as if I was crazy...

Destiny came running along, of course.

"What did you just say? You don't own me! Toby is my best friend! You can both be my friends! I'm not just your friend! I try to be everyone's."


We both had a stare down. I was angry because...well, I didn't know why, really. Maybe because I had a crush on this girl? Wow, I'm deep...

But she looked at me... With a almost hatred. Or was I misinterpreting things? With anger, that's it. Of course, I had just ruined her afternoon by bursting out here and almost attacking her close friend.

"Look, Destiny, I'm sorry... I didn't mean what I had said. I didn't mean to lash out at your friend like that. It's just that I never had a friend that was a girl... So I'm a bit protective..."

"I see where your coming from. I don't know if I can fully forgive you right now... Maybe you should head home, before grandma comes home, okay?"

"...Alright. Bye....."
I had just messed up my day! I messed up a good relationship that was just waiting to happen! Toby hadn't been the imbecile; I was. I was in love here, and I had been selfish. So I just messed up my life.

When I got home, there was a note on the door...

I screamed out in fright at what was on the note.

My mum... She was hit by a car. It was a hit-and-run, they say. A black yomoshomo, or something. That was the car make.

Whatever it was... My mum is gone. And I think I know who the driver was.

Jane Rose, the grandmother of Destiny Rose. She had a identical car to that, I remembered. I was in that same car, in the back seat...



"Mum... Why did you leave me when I needed you most?"

I was to be shipped off somewhere. The social worker would take me, and I would officially become an orphan.
What I hadn't been expecting, was that the place they would send me to, would be Sunset Valley. I felt jitters. The love of my life came from there.

"Destiny, my love... We could be reunited...!"

The death of my mother moved to the back of my mind, as I became obsessed with this girl in the blue dress, with the smile that shattered my heart.


They placed me in a loving home, with a loving family.

They were the Hendricks family. Amelia and Andre Hendricks, and their other adopted son Yuro, an Asian boy.

I wasn't Elijah Baxter anymore. I became Elliott Hendricks. I now had a brother and two parents, a life in luxury, and everything any boy in the orphanage would dream of.



I really didn't care for any of this.

Because I felt like an outsider in this home...


I wasn't like them.

When I became a teen, I was sort of a rebel. I had a new quest in life; finding D. Rose.

We went to the same school, now...

She was still beautiful, even more so, in her teen years.

I timed myself each morning that we would walk the steps almost next to each other.

We would reach the door at the same time!

Yet she didn't recognize me! I had found my one true love, and she didn't recognize me?!

I saw her at the park...

At the neighborhood pool...
Even at the freakin' library!

It was then, that I started fantasizing...

I would dream, in that moment that I saw her, that she would come up to me. She knew who I was, and I knew who she was. 

She would step closer to me...

And I could take her, embrace her.

What worried me in this dream, and even in reality, was that she was here at the library, researching some 100 baby challenge. Is she nuts?! She would have to sleep around, possibly with 100 different men! I couldn't stand the thought that any other man would touch my beloved Destiny...
No one else may touch her! She was mine, and mine only. Every father she would find for her challenge... Each of those men... I would track them down and I would kill them, punishing them for what they did to her. She was my love, my precious.

I will go abroad when I grow up. I will research this challenge, and then I will find Destiny again. I will participate in it myself. But I must plan my timing. I must stand out from the other fathers, so she would think about me a lot. Perhaps in the morning, early enough to wake her up. I must find out about her family and all those that took part. And then I will strike my revenge at her, because she never took notice of me again. She threw me aside, all my love, my adoration for her. I worshiped the ground she walked on, and she repaid me by planning around to have 100 kids with different men?

And she didn't even know, that her grandmother, took away my mother from me.

I will have her. One day.




~♥---------♥~



Okay! So this was a experimental post. I was trying to see if I could type up an interesting background for one of the fathers; dunno how I did, so please comment if this was a good idea, or a bad one, or if I should just stop writing! And this is kinda important to my upcoming plot. Know that it will take effect over the course of a few posts, and not immediately.


Ciao!

5 comments:

  1. This was a really cool idea and it was so sweet. In the previous post I didn't like him but now I feel a little bad for him. I hope things turn out better for him although in the end he sounded a bit obsessed and creepy but that's what makes him so interesting! Keep it up and I wouldn't mind more of these updates in the future. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I must say, that guy sounds really creepy and obsessed. But I kinda feel bad for the guy. Can't wait for the next update. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be interesting to see what comes about with him...!

    It was cool that you did a story on one of the father's. Super creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments! :) I too, thought it might be an interesting idea. Good to see it actually was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative writing! You really get the psycho part of him to shine. And that is a compliment, of course.

    ReplyDelete