Friday 8 April 2011

Skills and Talents - Babies #19 and 20

Before I start, I'm happy to announce I finally got myself The Sims 3 Ambitions expansion pack. So this post is the start off where I include many extras from this EP.

It was pretty late, that was obvious. Yet Abigail and I luckily were able to hail for a taxi. Abby held Daniel, while I held Demi-Dee. The driver was going pretty slow, and I was thankful for that. The babies were soundly sleeping in our arms, and if he went any faster with the car, I would be afraid that they would wake up.

Kate and Katleen were still up when we got home. That was a huge surprise, though I allowed it. Kate always knew what she was doing, and was responsible enough to take credit of the consequences. I placed a sleepy-yet-somehow-awake Demi in her crib for the night.

Abby had a real attachment to Daniel. She was an expert with children, it seemed. I wondered if I could be expecting grandchildren from her, when she moves out. She's very family oriented, like me, yet unlike her father. She had a aversion towards her father, lately. I wonder what's up with that.


Kalia was one unhappy baby that evening. She was literally climbing her crib for attention. I was the first one there, so I took care of my little girl. "What's up, lil' K? Not in the mood to sleep, huh...?" I crooned to her softly.

I moved to the kids room to see if there was anything I had to clean up. Surprisingly, Yuro was still there, napping soundly on Kate's bed. He had followed me and Abby from the hospital. I was glad and a tad slightly annoyed.

Destiny: Yuro... Thank you. For everything. But it's time. You have to go.

Yuro: I know... I just had to say this again. I am so sorry. For what I did to you, and to Carmen. I know it was wrong. But I'm afraid... I don't know. She may not want to start a family ever, and I can't be with such a girl.
Destiny: You guys just need to talk your way through. It'll work out. It has to. You guys have something special, and I really don't want that messed up..
Yuro: ...Okay. Bye, Destiny.

For the rest of the morning, I had a big smile on my face. I was already at baby number 18 with my challenge, in more than a month's time! That was quite something, in my eyes.

Sleep wouldn't come to me easily. It never does. I guess I'm always to excited to continue my challenge. But, some things other than baby making must be done. In order to pay the bills, I started another canvas. This should be enough, I figured.


Abby and Ashton got along really well. Things they would discuss would be issues like school, homework, world peace, vacations, and my baby challenge. Interesting, really. I wouldn't have thought they would get along as well. Of course I had always hoped. But their personalities differed like the sun and the moon.

Even being good friends, Abby always chose to sit next to Kate on the bus.

Every afternoon the kids would have a small study group. They were all straight A students, and very hardworking. They deserved a break, I thought. But yet they worked full steam ahead.


I now see how Abby and Ashton get along; they're both very athletic. They spend huge amounts of time on the training equipment that stood in the lounge. Sometimes, they would overwork themselves, which worries me.

Kate, being the 'genius', spends hours at the chess table, unlike her older bro and sis.


Another day... Another set of birthdays! Kalia blew out her cake first, and grew into a very unique child! Her hairstyle suited her personality very well. She's her own person, and her hair reflects that. I still believe that she looks much like me.


Kathleen turned out looking more and more like her father, but without the freckles or the hair or the eyes. Yet he was there, in her face when you look at her.


Next up was Kate. "Now, you, Kate," I said. "Your going to be beautiful beyond words!" Kate was nervous, so I tried everything I could to ease her worries.

The only answer I received was a big smile from my child.


"Here we go, I guess!" she later on cheered. Everyone succumbs to birthday happiness eventually. And my, I was right; she was incredibly beautiful! She had supermodel talent. Wait, not just that. She could give those models a run for their money!


Kate had a need for using make-up. She expresses her artistic talent in any way possible, even if that means making up her face. She has a extreme talent with the pencil, and can draw almost any picture you wish to name.

She still retained her love for science, though. Kate was a very big enthusiast on the matters of figuring out the secrets of the universe, and in her own time, she tried to help that goal.


Baby #12, Abigail Rose, finally grew up into a ravishing young adult. This was a day I dreaded. She was such a pleasure to have in the house, I didn't want her to ever leave.

I had a new room built on to our home. The "activities room", I dubbed it. It contained all the necessities my kids, and myself, need to further their talents! It had a workbench for inventing, easels, training equipment, a sculpting station and a architectural table for drawing.

We were all busy that evening, with our own things. Kate immediately took to the drawing table.
Abby was helping Ashton out with his studies; he too, wanted to move out and make space for any new arrivals.


I took to sculpting with clay. I was strangely at peace, while hammering away at the hardened clay. Maybe this could be one of my extra talents.

Kate drew until the wee hours of the day, and finally finished her first sketch. I myself was very impressed with her, and encouraged her to sell some of her work for her own profit. That way she could head into town and buy things she like!

I had finished my first sculpture. Quite a achievement, I thought. So I made  decision, to register as a self-employed sculpturor. 

Soon after I drove to city hall to sign the papers. 

"Congratulations! You are now officially self-employed," the secretary had announced. "But... Your Destiny Rose? The City Council has heard of your artistic talents and they wish for you to have an art exhibition some time. Would you be able to do that?"

An art exhibition? For my paintings and sculptures? That sounds doable. So I agreed.
Back at home, Abigail had stayed a tad longer, just to hug me goodbye. I drew her into a tight warm hug. I would miss her, so much. She was my hope. My joy. Now she would live her own life, on her own.
Ashton had his birthday that afternoon. His birthday wish was to have a nice fancy Ferrari. How I wish I could buy him something like that!


Whatever the case, he grew up quite the gentleman, looking every bit like his father.


The people from City Hall sent over an agent, to discuss any future possible art exhibition. No offense to him, but I thought they would send someone over that was more... I don't know, professional?


This man, known as Caleb Peruvo, started babbling uncontrollably when I greeted him.
Caleb: "Oh me gosh, Miss Destiny! It is a very big pleasure to finally meet you! I have read much about you. Your art... It speaks words! Moves oceans!"
Destiny: "Wow there, fella. My art isn't that impressive. Sure, it has a message, but surely it doesn't move oceans!" (I laughed at this)
Caleb: "To each his own; all of us see things differently, and you surely do have talent, madam!"

I now noticed he had a strange accent. Where ever it came from, or whatever it was, I had no idea.


I invited him inside, and we started talking again. I told him that I've taken an interest in sculpting. He was very delighted with that. He thought the world of me, I noticed. Like I couldn't do anything wrong. If only he knew!

"An artist in it's natural habitat... That is always interesting. Perhaps... I could watch as you paint?"

To this I agreed. The last painting I had started was in my room... My stomach lurched. This guy, in my room? Uncomfortable, to say the least. But I led him to the easel, and he didn't say a word as I picked up the palette and started brushing away.

"Your husband... He is a lucky man," Caleb whispered softly behind me. I stopped, and turned around to face him, to tell him I didn't have a husband. But he was so close to me I lost my voice.


"I don't have one, silly!" I laughed, stretching out hand to stroke his cheek, which he accepted eagerly with a smile. "I'm doing something called the 100 baby challenge, and with that, no commitment unfortunately."

"No commitment? Doesn't that get lonely...?"

I couldn't answer that. I technically had some sort of commitment with Corbin. But I hadn't talked to him in ages...
"Would you care to help me, by being father of baby number 19?" I asked tenderly, and he took my hands in his.
"My pleasure," he answered huskily. How easy it was to seduce him!

I led him out the back of my room, to the hot tub. A few minutes later, the soft sound of the lullaby could be heard. Sweet success!

Not having eaten for a while, I stirred up something special; spaghetti! I remember that I couldn't even dare make spaghetti earlier in the challenge.
I studied up on skills for a bit, too. But I had chores that had to be done. And I couldn't put it off any longer.


The laundry had to be done that morning.


"Exactly how much of this powder do I have to put in for one rinse?" I wondered to myself, trying to find some sort of instructions on the box. I kept pouring out the box of washing powder, nevertheless.

I settled on the couch for the long 22 minute wait. I had forgotten to mention, we renovated the garage into the laundry room. The car now stood outside, and the garage door was replaced with windows. And a small door.


Look at all that clothing! Anyways, I moved the bag of wet laundry to the dryer. I didn't exactly have time to put them on the lines outside. 


I moved on to the kids room, where I made up all the beds.
I upgraded the hot tub. It had a tendency to break at the wrong intervals. So I fixed that problem and made it unbreakable.



The girls could be seen happily playing on the new bough trampoline outside. It worried me how high they were jumping. Luckily the hadn't started any funny tricks while jumping!


"Look at me, look at me!" Kalia yelled with joy. "I'm flying!"

That same afternoon, I made the phone call that I had been dreading for a while now; calling Corbin.

Corbin: "Destiny? Is that you? I thought you weren't going to call anymore! So glad you did!"
Destiny: "Yeah.. Hi. Sorry for not calling for a while. Uhm... Ashton moved out a few days ago. He looks a lot like you."
Corbin: "That would have been nice to see; my boy growing up. Hey, could I come around? Maybe later tonight?"
Destiny: "Uhm... Sure. Why not."

I hung up shortly there after. Corbin was coming! Here! I had butterflies in my stomach again, like always when I thought of him.
He came, quite late unfortunately. The girls had still been on the trampoline, and Corbin came around back, so he first stopped to socialize with the girls for a bit

"My apologies, fine lady. I didn't mean to come quite this late to save my young princess...," he whispered in my ear. It sent goosebumps down my spine. And what did he mean, saving his princess? Whatever it meant, I didn't care. I was so happy to see him!

"Oh, shut up!" I laughed, stopping him with a kiss on his lips.


I fetched the laundry later that night. Ahh, the fresh smell of clean clothes! So heavenly!


When I checked on the girls, Kate was locked in a confrontation with Corbin. Apparently from what I could hear, she was questioning his feelings towards me. It was nice to see someone looking out for me, but I was afraid that this may scare him off.


At 7:00 AM in the morning, we were having birthdays again, for the twins.


Demi-Dee is a cutie, looking much like her father with her Asian features. I kept her hair short, as it looked matched so well with her face!

She's a very peculiar little girl, minding to herself rather than wanting to socialize with her brother.



Daniel, too, looked more like his father than anyone else. I styled his hair sideways, like I did with so many other of my boys.

He was the exact opposite of his sister, being a little bundle of energy.

Teaching Demi her skills was second nature to me already. I knew exactly what to do, and what not to do. But I had twins needing to be taught, so that made my life a tad bit harder.


But Kate was there, being very supportive! She not only taught Daniel what he needed to know, she helped with the chores in the house.


"Waffles for breakfast!" I called. Corbin joined be at the table. "Why up so early, girl?" he asked me while he took a plate of food, kissing me on the neck while he passed me to the table.

"Unlike you, I have kids to teach!"


"Uhm, gorgeous, I may have just made a big mess with your dishwasher."
"Oh no! Did mister Big Shot just break some of my house equipment?" I laughed.




I took a quick shower then headed on outside. I couldn't help but groan a bit while walking. I had serious back pains again. I didn't experience it much, but when I do... It's really, really painful.


We were having a small picnic, as a family. First it was only me and Corbin, plus the K-girls. But Kate later brought the twins out as well. We had laughs, ate to much, and were all 2 kilo's heavier possibly.

~♥Kate's point of view♥~
What a picnic that was! Who knew you could laugh that much in one afternoon. Mom was shining with pride. Her belly really was getting big. If only she knew how much I support her challenge. How much I love all my brothers and sisters. I was heading down to the grocery store, actually, when I was stopped.
Mom's boyfriend, or whatever, came up to me. He stood VERY close to me. I was a person who respected other people's personal space, and in turn I wanted the same. Yet here he was, right up in my face. I stared at his chest, rather than his face. I think mom could do better.

"Those were some pretty good jokes you told," Corbin laughed. I didn't like the sound. It was dark.
"Yeah... Glad to see some found it amusing."
"You are very amusing, dear Kate. Very amusing indeed..."
When I looked up at his face, there was something I didn't recognize... Affection? Lust?  No way.
He pulled me into a tight hug. Oh God. Not good.
"See ya. I understand your going out for a while. Be quick, okay?"

"Yeah... Uh, Bye!"
Mom needed to know about this. Her boyfriend was a freaking sick perv! He was definitely hitting on me. No doubt about it.

I ditched my idea of going to the store. I had to think.
Would mom believe my story?


~♥Destiny's point of view♥~

"Sweetie, your growing, so fast! And learning so fast, too!" I cheered when Demi-Dee finally understood what the potty was for. She now knew all her necessary skills. And one of these days, she would grow again.
If there was one thing I hated, it was cleaning up the potty. If only one had help with something like that. "Evil... This bag is just evil, I tell you..."


Entering my room, I gasped. So many clothing pieces were lying around! My evening dresses. My everyday wear. My PJ's. The horror! Someone must have been playing dress up in here. Whoever that was, was now "dead". Not one of my kids knew anything about it.
Shrugging it off, I collected it and went to do the laundry again.

"Now, time to wait again..."


I went to sit down for the wait, whipping out a book in the process. 

"Gardening... How to garden... What specific seeds look like... What seeds need to grow... Now, if only there could be a paragraph on 'What to wear while gardening'.

Corbin even came to sit with me for a while, but being engrossed in my book, I didn't pay much attention to him. Seems he left shortly there after. Must've been bored with my antics.

The familiar pains of labor followed, just after Corbin had left. Eek! 


I knew how to handle myself by now. I calmly walked out the house and to my car, driving myself once again to the hospital.

There were a lot of people at the hospital...

Some were freaking out...
"Oh my, a pregnant lady in labor! Ahhh!"

While others were just very curious, snapping pictures of me while I walked into the hospital.

I came out of the hospital with a smile on my face, and two new little girls. Twins! Welcome to the world babies #19 and 20,
Clara Rose
(named after one of my awesome followers!)
and

Catherine Rose.
(named after CatherineBell, who's 100 baby challenge you can find here)

When I got home with Clara in my arms, Kate stood in the kitchen, looking very thoughtful, yet sad.

"Mom...," she started. "There's something you need to know..."


That didn't sound good. I hoped Kate wasn't being irresponsible. Things like teen pregnancy and tattoo's popped in my head. I did a quick survey and was happy to say that none of those things were to be seen.

"What is it sweetie...?" I asked, a very worried expression on my face.

"Your boyfriend, Corbin... He made a pass at me. I mean, he said things to me that were uncomfortable. Mom, he sounded like a freaking perv. He drew me into a tight hug, and said things like, he hoped that I would come back soon from the grocery store. But he did it, freakishly. With a sort of lust, almost. I don't know, mom. I just... I'm sorry."

My heart sank. I believed her, of course. Kate wouldn't lie, especially not about something like this. So the man I loved, wasn't faithful? On the contrary. He was hitting on one of my daughters? It felt like someone had punched me, shattering my heart into a million pieces.


I was left. Heartbroken.

~♥~


Thank you for reading! If you have any complaints, criteria, name suggestions, or anything like that, I would deeply appreciate it, as I love feedback!



2 comments:

  1. AHHHH!!! GREAT POST! :) They keep getting better! Congratulations on 19 and 20 :) 1/5th done! I loved the story line, I wonder what will happen in the next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: FABULOUS. I hope Destiny dumps that guy. He totally deserves it!

    Also thanks for the gift you sent, I loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete