Sunday 3 April 2011

Awakened - Babies # 14, 15, and 16

"Where the heck is all this noise coming from?!" I nearly screamed to myself while wandering through the house, awakened by a continuing thunderous bang. It was disturbing little Abigail and Ashton from their sleep, and no one, messes with my kids bedtime. It seemed the noise was loudest when I was in the living room. When I peered through the curtains of the window, I saw a man...busy playing the drums?


I rushed outside to get a quicker look. Thank goodness I decided to change my clothing. I didn't need anyone to see me in my pyjamas.
But who in their right mind would be playing drums at 3:00 AM in the bloody morning? More importantly, why would they be playing drums at 3:00 AM in the morning on someone elses lawn?

He was jamming pretty hard on his drums, totally absorbed in his music. On any other day, and at any other time, I would probably listen to the music's beat. But I was so frustrated with this man. I didn't know him from anywhere, so why did he choose my to wake my house up?

"Hi," he said coolly to me. I hoped you'd wake up and greet me."
"Right... I don't know who you are and what your name is, but I know that people who play loud instruments on other people's lawn at 3:10 AM should really go to a psychiatrist," I replied acidly.
"Hey, sorry about this. Only way to get your attention. Your always swarmed by your kids."

"My name is Elliott Hendricks, by the way." He held out his hand in greeting. I ignored it.
"Yeah, figured so... Okay, the reason I'm here this late is because I want to take part in your challenge."

"Really... You want take part in my challenge?" I asked sarcastically, turning my charms on at the same time.
"Yeah. Pretty please. I'm leaving Sunset Valley for Bridgeport at 7:00 AM, so that's why I'm here this early." He begged me with a innocent smile, and my heart melted. I guess he was doing me a favor really. 

"Alright. You pass. You can take part in my challenge."
"Thanks," he said, giving me a warm hug. "It means a lot to me."

We went around to the back, where my hot tub was just outside my room. The kids were all asleep now, luckily.
We kissed and...

The next baby was on the way!

"Darn it. Hot tub broke," I complained under my breath.
"Yeah... I gotta head off. Gotta catch my taxi early, so... Bye!" Elliott rushed off without another word, leaving me to fix the tub.
"Coward..."

Me, myself and I also had to mop up the mess the break of the tub caused.
"When I get my hands on that guy, I swear I will strangle him up by his neck..."
I was a little worried that I was harboring criminal tendencies in my mind. But it was expected. I was tired, and I didn't want to clean up, and I was feeling sick, and everything...

"That's it! I'm taking a nap, taking a break from housework, taking a break from life."
When I woke up, which was around 1 o' Clock in the afternoon, I was well rested enough to face the day. And what's more I could celebrate as I was finally pregnant!

Helping Abigail play with the peg box was very entertaining. She squirmed when the blocks wouldn't go in the right hole, yet she would squeal in delight when she had it right.

"Oh, Abigail," I murmured as I kissed her hair. "Your growing up today. Like all my other kiddos... Never forget mommy when your rich and famous, okay?"

 
Abby huffed and puffed, and finally blew out the candles on her cake!
I placed Abby on the floor, and soon enough the sparkles that comes along with aging enveloped her, turning her into a headstrong child.

Abby reminds me a lot of Ariel, baby #1. They too had inherited my hair and eye color, but both of these girls looked more like their father than me. I was very happy with myself, when I observed this. All my babies needed unique genes, not just my own.


Ashton again, reminded me of Duncan, baby #2. I found it strange that little Ashton received my old jet black hair color instead of my new color. But whatever the case, he was a cutie.
"He looks just like his daddy!" I announced. Those bright blue eyes were incredibly beautiful.
I hadn't had the courage to call Corbin yet. I didn't know where we stood. Maybe if I ignored him, he would forget about me and move on with his life? This was a happy and a sad thought.

"Can you say disk? CD? Internet Connection?" I laughed. He got it right! All of those three words. I had a feeling he would like the computer when he grew up.


"Come on boy, you can do it, come on!" cheering at my little boy to take his first steps, he finally stumbled across to me, and I took him up in my arms.
"Your such a big boy, sweetie!"


Carrying Ashton, I walked all the way o the nursery with a bent back, caused by the pregnancy.
"Well, this is uncomfortable..."
Ashton was soon potty trained and I was able to sleep peacefully at night knowing he knew all of his toddler skills.


Abigail adored her little brother, and they would spend hours together playing peekaboo.
"Peekaboo... I see you!" Abigail would cheer. Ashton would reply by laughing hysterically. How it warms my heart!

I would spend most of my afternoon trying to get the hang of Mixology.



"Whoopsie... No one saw that right?"

"Sorry," I waved at my imaginary client.
I called Elliott with the news that I was pregnant.
"Meet me at the Grocery store, okay?"
"But I thought you were in Bridgeport...?"
"..."
Static. He had hung up on me!

"I thought you were in Bridgeport by now, sipping martini's at the bar late at night," I teasingly accused him.
"I was on my way, when I just had to turn around,' he laughed darkly. "I still had some errands to run, here, at home."

"But hey, how far are you into your pregnancy?"
"About two days. I don't keep track of time so much when pregnant. I just try to spend as much time with my kids, and keep everyone happy."

He placed his hand on my tummy, feeling the baby's movement.
"But what about yourself? Don't you keep yourself happy?" he asked me in amazement.
"Right now, I am happy. Being with my kids and family is the greatest gift I have."

He gave me a hug goodbye, before we parted ways and I drove home. Would you he now go to Bridgeport now? What was his "last errands" he spoke about?


I tried mixing drinks again...


"Blech! Eugh, ugh!" I coughed. "I feel like I've been poisoned!"
I couldn't get the filthy taste off of my tongue, and my breathe probably stank of the bad drinks I had tasted.

"Okay, romantic drinks; not my forte. Maybe I should stop mixing drinks and try my hand at something else?"
I think the last bad drink had pushed me over the edge and forced me into labor...



I walked calmly to the nursery, not freaking out to much at the cramps. Even with little experience in giving birth, I knew already that freaking out doesn't help THAT much. But it is sure nice to complain every now and then..

Kathleen Rose

My tummy isn't getting any smaller just yet?
Kate Rose
Kalia Rose

The K-Triplets, I named them, for short. Three beautiful, happy girls. Welcome to the world, girls!

Thank you for reading! If you have any complaints, criteria, name suggestions, storyline suggestions, or anything like that, I would deeply appreciate it, as I  love feedback!

Also, sorry for the short post (Is it even a short post?), but I've been busy more with trying to fix the pictures of my blog than anything else. I'm happy to say I've already fixed the posts up to baby #4! :)

2 comments:

  1. Short and sweet is what I would call this post! Congratulations on triplets, I really like their names! I also really want to know what is up with Elliot?!?! Can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I too, am interested in what his deal is :) Hoping t find out soon!

    ReplyDelete