Monday 12 September 2011

Pop goes the weasel: Babies 70 and 71

"You know we're gonna be late...," Calista comments. I smirk. Such a worry-wart.

"We're not gonna be late, stop worrying! Just let me finish applying this layer of make-up and then we can get in the car.. Oh hey, did you notice my hair is growing back out? I'm using this new product by scientists that should bolster the growth and stuff.."



With a defeated look on the face, Calista walks out of my room and down the stairs. Okay, I admit, I'm addicted to making sure everything is perfect.
To spare the hustle of getting a babysitter, Sam volunteers to age up and take care of everyone. For a teenager, he's responsible beyond his years. I worry that he might miss out on the fun side of life. But Samuel thinks he might become like his father, and that is something he doesn't want.
We arrive at the Exclusive lounge just after 9 PM, and it's a spectacular view, with all the special lights and fountains being switched on. I lead the way through a crowd of people to the closest room that has a bar.

"Welcome to Viva Las Vegas, where all your dreams come true!' I laugh. "This part of the building belongs to my family; we renovated it from a storeroom to the best lounge in town."

Calista stands there for a minute before speaking. "So where's all the slot machines and roulette?"
Usually, outfits aren't really a worry for me, but tonight, we both feel out of place.

"Next time, we get dressed up like Liana over there.. We'll at least fit in!" Calista whispers.
As we're the only people occupying the lounge at the time, we're not at all shy to be drinking a couple of juice "tequila style" shots.
"Someone seems to have had a lot to drink if they're struggling to blow the bubbles right..."

"I'm not drunk; there's a chocolate bubble stuck in my nose.. Wait.. There it is! Darnit, now my nose is itchy inside," Callie pokes her nose a few times until another bubble pops out, and we burst out laughing.
You just have to enjoy the bubble machine and all it's flavors!
We head for the hot tub, but Callie dares me to be, well, daring, and go skinny dip. I give her a shrewd look and relent. But it's not enough for miss Smith over there: no, she also had to steal my clothes.
"Give me my clothes back." All serious this time. No one steals my clothes and gets away with it.

Calista gives me a cheeky smile. I decide to be smart as well, walking with only a towel on my body all the way to my car.

"Hey, I was just kidding around!" she yells after me.
"What happened to ya, mom?" Samuel fights the smile that so desperately wants to appear.

"Madam Smith decided to be smart.. Two can play at that game, but, here I am, still without my clothes."
I get dressed early in the morning and head directly to the nursery room, where all my babies lay sleeping. Well, almost all of them. Bleue and Emily are wide awake and looking at me with curious eyes. I scoop them up and cuddle them for a bit.

"My babies are gonna grow up today. I wonder what you will look like without your father's blue skin.."
From left to right:
Rachel, Emily and Mira

It's fascinating to see how the girls gallop through the years, each looking more different than the other as time flies by. Rachel has a small round face all of a sudden, Emily is as pale as always, and Mira eyes keep getting bigger and cuter.
None of the twins have blue skin, but they do resemble their father a bit! Bleue is fortunate to have his daddy's hair and face shape (nope, nada, he doesn't look like me one bit), and Cherry.. Is as her name implies! Both have a blue-turquoise eye color, but Cherry has bright red hair.
Calista calls a bit after lunch time to apologize about the clothing incident...

"You need to lighten up; it was just a joke! But your clothes is in your mailbox. Fair warning, your gonna struggle to get it out of there, 'cause I struggled to press it into that small space..."
Samuel has been studying none stop, and almost every weekend he has a project to do. This time, he ropes in the triplets to help him with a it, but it soon turns into chaos.

"So, what kind of things interest you outside of school?"

"Anything but homework!" Mira cheers.
"For me, it's writing my autobiography," Emily smiles.
Rachel jumps onto a chair waving a staff, leaving her siblings, including me,  wide-eyed.

"I enjoy being the ruler of the land. No one dares to question my authority! I am the once and future queen!"
All of their answers leaves ol' Sam confused. "So what answer do I keep and what do I scratch off the list?" he asks me. "To be fairly honest, I think I'm gonna erase all of them."
Gardenia, one of my stylish daughters, drops by our house with some news.

"I just got a promotion today! But I need some new clients, so I was wondering if you could bring my sisters to brothers over, for a mini makeover or sumthin'."

I promise her we'll find the time to visit, and she's off to find some other clientele.
Prom is just around the corner, and has everyone on their nerves! Samuel already has a date; he had reigned in niece, Keli Rose, who had just become a teen and had been searching for a date. I hadn't seen her since forever, and it's great to see how different my granddaughter looks.
We all got invited to a party held at the old Alto home, by some mysterious guy named Elyan Carraway. Even though none of us know him personally, you can never say no to an invitation to a party!

Sam stays home to work on his homework with Keli and to keep an eye on Cherry and Bleue, but I take the triplets off his hands by taking them with me.
Elyan Carraway turns out to be even more mysterious than I could have thought, having purple skin. These berry sims our turning out to be a common sigh all of a sudden.
I try to chat with the host of the party, just to be polite and all. It turns out he knows who I am, and...he wants to carry on his interesting genes.

"It's an agreement me and my mother have. Before she dies, she at least wants some grandchildren... So if you pop out at least one, I'll be a free man! Hey, I love living as a bachelor, I don't want to be tied down right now."

A rather big surprise is in the next room. Dwayne can't hear us, but I didn't want to be seen flirting so openly. What makes matters worst, is that Dwayne's ex-girlfriend is also here.
Elyan and I rush upstairs and get the deed done. After that, I go on a hunt to find my kids, finding them at the last place expected.

"Hey, why aren't you guys mingling with the guests? Is the TV more interesting now?" I question my girls.

"Their all so old... Sorry mom, not the right crowd for us," Mira shrugs.
It's a long time after dark before we make the long journey back home. Samuel is addicted to the computer screen it seems, and I find him in front of the study's PC, doing some research.

"I'm thinking of becoming a journalist, you know, so I'm searching for the place to apply to when I get out of school."
Emily and Rachel have been arguing on and off, and I'm forced to break the two up every few minutes. The funny thing their fighting over, is what fish to keep in the tank.

"I want a goldfish! It's what everyone has in their aquarium's," Rachel yells.
"That's why I'm saying we should get a Angelfish. It's not so common in people's houses!" Emily counters.
I retreat to the quiet area where the toddlers were playing with their toys. It's a calming process, listening to the xylophone and helping Bleue with the pegbox.


"Sissy is a dwummy!" Bleue giggles to me. I laugh with him, but Cherry shows me she's not impressed, and starts playing louder, singing along with the tune. Hearing a toddler sing is something out of this world.
Sunday morning, and I realize it's now or never; I have to tell Dwayne everything about me. Whether he wants to stay my friend or not, at least it'll be out of the way.
Dwayne makes his way over with a smile, which breaks my heart. He's such a great guy, and were on the way to being great friends. Funny how it'll all end here.

I give him my entire life story. I tell him about my parents, my sisters, my high school experience, how it all led to my "career", the 100 baby challenge and all it's rules, my kids, my boyfriends, the challenge fathers and everything I can think of.
An hour later I finish with my long tale, and I'm to scared to look up into Dwayne's eyes. But to my surprise, he does react faster than what I had expected.

"So when you met me, was it all to make me another challenge father? Is that how you soft-soap people?"

"No," I shake my head. "I met you and you became my friend. And I wouldn't..didn't want to ruin that."
He mumbles something about needing to use my bathroom and rushes inside the house.

This makes me think. Dwayne didn't exactly storm off. He handled it rather...okay, not 'well', but he didn't freak out entirely. But what if he hadn't? What if he HAD stormed off, never speaking to me again, bearing a grudge against me forever? Just like I had done with Chad.
This is where I've come to realize, what a big female jerk I've been the past few weeks. I never let Chad explain anything to me. I never gave him a chance. But I would try and make that up. I quickly dial the number I've come to learn against my will.
"Hello?"

"Chad? Hi, it's Destiny here..." I bite my lip. I sound so stupid.

"Chica? Is that really you on the other line?"

"Yeah, that's me.. Listen, I'm really sorry for storming off like that, and never calling you, or not even picking up the phone. I've forgiven you, and I hope you can forgive me for being such a ass."

There's a pause, and then some laughter. "It's great to hear from you again. I'm so glad to be forgiven, and yeah, your forgiven! Hey, while we're talking, would you like to meet for some lunch, or a snack or something?"
I agree, and rush out of the study just as Dwayne and Sam enters the room. Samuel has been talking to him, trying him to calm down. Or so it looks like to me.
Whatever they talked about in the end, it didn't work to it's full effect. Dwayne changed into his work clothes and walked out without a single word.
The toddlers, Sam and I sit and watch the sunset outside on the porch, and we chat for a while. Me, about my stupid mistake, and Sam, about his future and still worrying about his father.

"Did you know that I emailed him once, and that he never responded to it..."
"Oh yeah. I know that feeling...," I sigh.
No matter the weather, the girls dance around in the sprinklers almost every night.
After they come into the house soaking wet, I give all three of them a huge grin.

"So, who's ready to age up into teenagers?"

They gawk at me then erupt in cheers.

"Thanks mom!" they all yell simultaneously.
All three of them are gorgeous, but unfortunately they inherited bad eyesight from their father's side, forcing them to get glasses. But they're not complaining; they look super cool with or without it!
Cherry and Bleue age up alongside their older sisters, and it's only now I can determine where their looks are from. Bleue really is a little duplicate of his father!


They both have an interesting sense of style, as Bleue decided to go all out violet. Cherry wears red- and white striped stockings with water boots, which I find simply adorable!
For some fun time, we all run over towards the beach where there's a huge party going on. The kids and I avoid that, much to their dismay, and we start fishing.

"You know you can make money by selling fish," I remark.
"I always need more money, so count me in!" Mira agrees.
I notice that Samuel is a lot more relaxed in while outside, and I vow that we should come to the beach more often.
Rachel runs into some trouble while fishing, almost hitting Buster Clavell over the head with her fishing rod.

"Be careful with that, missy! Don't go poking other people's eyes out!" he shouts, shaking his cane while he speaks.
Cherry and Bleue end up hating the fishing activitiy, and do what kids do best at the beach: building sandcastles!
But at home, there's no hope to get them outside to play. They are simply addicted to video games, or watching video games.

"Don't you think we might want to watch TV for a bit?" I hear Emily scowl at them."

"Uh, no?" Cherry shrugs.

"Kids, be nice. That's enough for today, now put those consoles down!" Emily gives me an appreciative look and plumps herself down on the sofa.
I find myself on the verge of tears every once in a while lately. My own room isn't personal anymore, as Samuel comes in to check up on me and comfort me.

"Mom, he's not worth your tears...," Sam says soothingly.
"This one is, unfortunately. He's worth a lot of my tears..." 
While everyone is at school with their noses in their books, I take the time to walk around town, and eventually end up at the park where I met Dwayne. Even though it hadn't been more than a friendship-relationship, I kind of miss talking to the guy.

Matthew and I play chess for about five minutes before I pause.
"Do I smell barbecue?"
"That might be me.. I'm burning.. The sun is up.. Darn, raincheck on the chess game?" Matt runs away with his awesome vampire powers, leaving me in awe. Maybe I could become a vampire again.
We bid farewell to our beloved Mr. Mysterious Gnome who passed away recently. He will always have a special place in my memories, and I'll miss seeing the bugger around! Not being able to bear throwing away this statuette, I make a special place for it in the garden.
Lunch is served just as everyone gets back from school, and Rachel is the first to snoop into the kitchen to see what we're having.

"Soooooo... What's for lunch?"
"Ratatouille, if you don't mind," I shrug.
"My favorite! What a great day.. If only Jeremy would have asked me out..." She sighs and walks away.
Samuel arrives home with great news. Not only has he earned a scholarship to study at a college, but he also earned an internship at Doo Pea's corporate towers. Unfortunately it means he has to leave the house.. And as it says on the invitation, the sooner, the better.
Samuel as a handsome young adult.
The girls are all in a stir to get ready for prom, and I wave them goodbye, bidding them a great evening at the dance. All alone in the bathroom, I find myself sick which leads to me having to deliver these babies!
Nadine Rose
Lucas Rose

~♥~

Thank you for reading! It's always nice to know there's someone out there that appreciates this, so please leave a comment! Any sort of suggestions are very much welcome (including criticism!).

You can also contact me at destiny.rose0701@yahoo.com

Add me on Facebook!
My Sims 3 Page

Ciao!

:)

16 comments:

  1. YAY! Both babies are purple!!!!! I can't wait to see what their hair and eyes colors look like!

    I'm so happy that Destiny is (hopefully) going to make up with Chad, he deserves an explanation which I'm dying to know about. I was surprised on how well Dwayne took the news about the challenge. He deserved to know though.

    On another note, Samuel is super cute!! I love the purple/white combo of his hair and clothes.

    The beginning of this post was so funny, you're write:

    Calista + Destiny = crazyness

    (At least Calista apologized about the clothing incident, I wonder what Destiny was planning on doing for revenge...).

    Great post!

    PS: I know a little while back you created a magazine cover of Destiny and said that you would make one for anyone who wanted one. Well... could you make one of Calista for October? Just wondering 'cause I know you made one for Liana.

    Anyway, I can't wait for the next post and *whew* this comment is LONG! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just thought of a great idea. It'll add some...spark I guess? Anywho, I think that one of the kids should not like the idea of being in a 100 baby challenge. They might think it's just gross, or stupid, waste of her time, or whatever. Then they almost convince her not to do it anymore.
    Something like that? I don't know...it'll add drama, I think. Well, actually, she's already on Baby 70, so how could she stop? Whatever you take from that, I don't care.
    Anyways...great chapter (I emailed you btw)!! Can't wait for the next update!!
    P.S. Sorry for...ruining your plot, kinda :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Destiny... I really REALLY would love to have Samuel on the exchange... anyway that could happen? he is just awesome and I love his features... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Catlover: Me either!

    I'm not exactly sure where how things will be between Chad and Destiny.. It's an idea that's still in progress!

    Dwayne probably took it well because he's heard a lot worse news before. But I haven't talked about that yet, so..*shuts mouth*

    I agree, Sam is super DUPER cute!

    Destiny's "idea of revenge" is walking out there with her head held high. A hard thing to do when you just have a towel for cover. So yes, it failed. xD

    Of course I will make one for ya! September is actually still open, I hadn't gotten around to the model yet, so, if you want, Calista can take that spot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @truffle: I actually had that idea a long time ago, but I knew that ultimately Dessie would continue the challenge (it's her dream!).

    But, I could add it.. Like you said, it could add some spark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course I will upload him for ya! Just give me six hours to get back from school, and I'll get right on it. x.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Carrie: Here he is on the exchange..

    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4584476

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure, September is fine. Thanks so much!

    PS: Do I send you a picture or do you create your own picture??

    Here's an early thank-you:

    THANKS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great post! Bleue and Cherry turned out so cute, and im glad that Nadine and Lucas got their dads skin! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Catlover: No worries, I'll take the snapshot. :) But if I'm out of time and in desperate need... You can always forward a pic or two!

    @Violet: Thank you! I'm just as glad as you are that the twins got their daddy's skin. Finally I can stop with the berry craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved it!

    Next time Liana, check the dress code and don't stick out like a sore thumb xD

    Samuel is just, wow. Just a cutie, may have to steal him too

    I love how more recently I am in your every post at least once

    Thanks Destiny!

    (✿◠‿◠)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Destiny - Okay, awesome! I can't wait to see what it looks like. I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Liana: Or maybe Destiny and Calista should read the memo of dressing first before they go to a fancy place! :D

    Oh yes, Liana is all apart of my evil plan, muahahaha... Okay, J/K, there's no evil plan, but I just love having her around. To be honest, Liana was actually the one that popped up there at the club first.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Catlover: Whenever I get a chance to open my save file, I'll get right on making the cover. :D

    Unfortunately I've been busy with this one, eh, project, that some of you may or may not see in the near future. Usually I would be well into writing the next post, but I haven't even started yet EEK!

    Anyways, once this project is done, I'll get right back to playing Destiny's file!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is really good, I'm actually insanely jealous right now.
    -Amber-

    ReplyDelete
  16. chapter 4 is FINALLY up on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete