Monday 18 April 2011

The Midnight Girls - Babies #24 and 25


I tickled little Jay as he lay in his crib. He replied with a peal of laughter that made me smile with delight. Babies, they're so cute!

Now, no time to waste. I had registered as a sculptor weeks before. But City Hall had asked if I would be able to do an art exhibition, for paintings and sketches, not my sculptings. Naturally, I had agreed. But we all know people change their minds very often. My exhibition was to be slightly changed; I had to deliver my paintings to the library, to spruce up the look of it. Expensive, yet modern.

This is the very first of a long list. Classified as still life. It actually had hung in my bedroom in my old home.


Some of my work in oils, which I had been experimenting with.

My very first sketch. A duplicate of it is currently residing on my bedroom wall.


Two canvasses done in oils, as well. I'm very impressed the surf boarder painting, if I must say so myself.


"Now, where is the bloody world could that manager be...," I muttered, instantly reaching for my cellphone. I dialed the number of Winston Constantine, the man that I had arranged with to have a meeting about my paintings.

"Hello? Mr. Constantine? It's Destiny Rose. We have a meeting here at the library an-"

"Can't make it," the man on the other end grunted, stopping me in the middle of my sentence. "My son will be there any moment."

Click. I stared at the phone as if it was a virus. What was it with people these days? Can't they just manage a polite 'goodbye'?

20 long minutes later, I was approached by a man in a suit. Very businesslike, I noticed. Deep colored eyes, and blond hair with red tips, sleeked back. I'm guessing this was the manager's son?


Something I noticed was, that he was uncomfortable. And for another, he did not want to be here.
"So, you must be Destiny Rose, the reclusive artist. My dad...father told me you  your much different than all those other snobby painters; me, I don't see it yet. You look just like those other people that wanted to exhibit here. Styled hair, formal clothing."


He didn't introduce himself; I had to listen really hard for when he spoke about himself. I found out his name was Adriano Constantine. Very Italian, I must say.

For quite a while, he ranted on about other artists he knew. I really wanted to stop him and ask him if this was a yes or no for the contract.

"But, of course, you have different qualities than those snobs. So, yes, you will be allowed to exhibit your work here. I will also be the next father in your challenge."


"Thank you, Mr. Constantine! You won't regret it! My work is of quality, and if you ever need more, I will be glad to supply..."

Then all of what he had said sunk in.

"Next father in my challenge? You? Really?"

"Yes. That was really the reason my father sent me here, and did not come himself," Adriano shrugged.



I leaned in for a 'thank you' kiss, but he drew back shyly, with a smile that was all to fake, I knew.


"Why? What's wrong? I thought you said..."


"Not.. Here. Please."

Mystified by his reaction, I invited him to my house.

When we got to my house, he looked even more uncomfortable than before.

"Uhm, you can make yourself at home. I just have to handle my kids birthdays."

Thought lines formed on his forehead. Then a frown. Then his skin was smooth again.

"Okay," he finally said. "I'll wait outside."


Weird guy, I thought. Whatever the case, I picked up Jay and took him to his cake.

"Happy Birthday, boy! Your first every b-day."

Jay was just like his father with his cute round face. Much to my surprise, he had red hair. Was it a by product, or had my hair genes taken effect? Whatever the case, I loved it!

Catherine and I clapped in unison when she stepped up to blow the birthday candles.


Destiny - Happy Birthday, Cath!
Catherine - Mom, you can stop freaking out now...

Sometimes, I think I embarrass her a bit.


Catherine and Clara are the supermodel girls, with their beauty shining. Both had a very sophisticated look, though Catherine covered up more of herself than Clara. Cath had definitely matured a bit, while growing up. She's not so bubbly as she always was. Give it time, I thought. And Clara... She was still as quiet as ever.


Catherine - I will miss this place...

Clara - You always say that, you know.
Catherine - Oh, come on! You know it's true.
Clara - Yeah, yeah. 
Catherine - I'll even miss you! Do you feel better now?
Clara - Your moving in with me. How can I miss you with you being right there?
Catherine - Oh..

See. I knew Cath would retain some of her absent-minded trait.


Cath - Just one hug? I'm so emotional!
Clara - Fine! Happy?


The girls both waved, then they were off.
With the birthdays done, I paused at the mirror for some grooming. Adriano was waiting outside, in the hot tub even, so I changed to a more...summer-ish look.


"Destiny, I have to tell you something. Why I didn't want to be seen kissing in public.. Why I'm uncomfortable... I'm married."


Crap. Married? This was just my day.

"But my wife and I can't have any kids; she's heartbroken over this," he continued. "So she wants to adopt a whole lotta kids. But I want one, just one, that I can call my own. That is biologically my son, or daughter. I'm not asking for custody. Just that I could maybe visit the little one every now and then."

My answer to him was a kiss. It did sound like he meant every word of it. He was helping me, so maybe, I could help him.

While kissing, I felt a thrill go down my spine. I had a man who cared for me and everything, though I still had fun with other men. I actually enjoyed the kiss. With this information, I realized Corbin and I would never be able to be together. I wasn't ready for a steady relationship. And it was too early in the challenge.


With the heart bubble, and the lullaby floating over me and Adriano, he and I said goodbye, and I went inside my room, only to find all of my boys there.


"We couldn't sleep," Elijah confessed. I simply smiled, then plopped up onto the bed next to my son.


When Eli had said they couldn't sleep, he really was serious. Matthew wouldn't fall asleep, no matter what. So I whipped out a good book, and read it to Matt. He was more interested in the pictures than anything else.



Jay adored his older big brother, and I think Eli loved Jay with all his heart too. He showed him his scrapbook with all his pictures in it, and then the two played peek-a-boo for more than half an hour.


Jay later learned that he too, could cover his eyes! He found this even more amusing than before. I hope he won't do it to much when he's a child. It might lead to accidents.


Before Eli's birthday, he gave Jay his bottle, while the toddler reached for it with eager arms.

"Cheer for me, when I age up, okay?"
Elijah was a handsome devil, and I don't mean that badly.  He so wanted to do sports, but being a vampire, he was afraid that they won't allow him, as he has much faster reactions than all the other kids.

Rumor has it Eli has a crush on someone... I wonder who it is?

Matt as a child. He looks so different, with all that baby hair cut off.



At 4 o'clock that afternoon, I called the kids together. I had received an interesting phone call from one of my daughters. 
Destiny - Okay, kids! Lets move it!
Eli and Matt - Where to?
Destiny - Your sister Kalia's house!

Look where I found Abracadabra! That's one naughty laundry gnome.



This was Kalia's and Demi-Dee's house that they had moved to.  very big for the two of them. I peeked through the windows, hardly being able to make out anyone.


With the kids in the car, I got out and rung the doorbell.

"Mom, you came!" Kalia gasped as she shook my hand, welcoming me into the house. "I can't believe it! You have to come inside; we have great news!"

When I stepped in, I noticed a little boy, snugly wrapped in blankets, on the floor.

"this must be the surprise...?" I asked Kalia. "Is he yours?"

"Nope. It's hers." Her head whipped to the back, and I my eyes drifted to where she pointed.

"Demi? This little boy is yours?" I asked in shock. I hadn't expected her to settle down at all, not to mention start a family.



A little boy with tanned skin, Kristian. That was his name. A new grandson!

"Hello, little one," I cooed, kissing his tummy. "Welcome to the Rose family."

"So, sweetheart. Are you getting married..? Are you BF and GF... Anything going on?" I kept throwing the questions at Demi. I couldn't help it; I was interested.

"Well, were boyfriend and girlfriend, yes. I don't know if were going to get married anytime soon. The baby thing happened a bit by accident. But I'm happy to have Kristian. Maybe I should start thinking about a family."

After I talked to Demi, I Immediately noticed that she and Kalia had a very good relationship. They really did need each other, I realized. Maybe I should drop by more often.
While the two sisters talked, I gave Kristian his dinner. He was a quiet little boy. Maybe he wouldn't be like his mother.

After we visited Kalia and Demi, I drove the kids over to the park.

Matthew went a little crazy. I wondered what he was doing...


Destiny - Matt, what are you doing?
Matt - Acting, mom!
Destiny - And that means?
Matt - I'm going to become a Superstar when I grow up!
Destiny - Explain what your actually doing right now.
Matt - Fake killing myself?
Destiny - Matthew!
Elijah, with Jay in hand, spent most of the day on his new cellphone I bought him for his birthday.

Suddenly, two strong hands clasped around mine. My heart skipped a beat, until I saw who it was.

"Corbin..."

Corbin - Hello, gorgeous! I'm glad to see you here.

Destiny - Me too... Listen, we need to talk.

I heard him take in a sharp breath. He knew what I was going to say.

Corbin - We can't be together. That's it. I know.

His arm moved slowly away from mine. The last time we will ever be able to touch each other. We could never be together. Some part of this thought cheered me up, though how, I didn't know. I must be weird.

He gave me a last goodbye hug, as friends, before leaving.
Moving on, Eli spent a lot of time teaching Jay to talk, right there in the park, I wondered if the fresh atmosphere would help him.


Thought I may have been mistaken; a fight broke out! And the woman won! Woot woot for girls!

"Oh my gosh, that guy is such a wimp! Hahahaha!"

Daniel had also been apart of the audience watching the fight. I went over and gave him a big hug.

Destiny - Hello son! How's things been going?
Daniel - Good, good. I got a job, in the police department. Not doing much at the moment, but it looks promising.
Destiny - Great! And what about any grandkids?
Daniel - Ugh, mom...

I laughed. Talking about grandkids usually freaked out most of my kids,


Back at home, Matthew had challenged me to a game of chess. He spent exactly three minutes of every move.


After five games, two of them I had won, I had heard some yelling from the back yard.

"Miss Rose, it's done!"

I glanced out the window and gasped. My back porch. Done! I loved it, personally. Perfect for things like pool parties and some family time.


Immediately I went outside and got some very much needed tanning time.



And after that, I climbed into the new swimming pool. It was chilly, even with it being quite warm outside of the pool. Must be the new water.


"Refreshing!" I called.
Matthew had come to enjoy just lounging outside in the sun.

Elijah had taken to the mixology table. Already practicing for the nightlife vampires will live in, it seemed.

...He wasn't very good at it. The first bottle slipped through his hands without him noticing.


"Oops. Sorry. I'll buy you a kitchen glasses, I promise!"


"It's okay!" I laughed at my son's nervousness. "I let drop even more bottles than just one!"

I got out of the pool at around 6:30 PM. It was late, and I was tired. This pregnancy seemed to last forever, and it's taken a toll on my day.


Okay, maybe it wouldn't last forever. The baby was coming!


Welcome to the world,
Gardenia Rose


Tummy not shrinking?


Garcia Rose

Twin girls, finally again! Both born almost at 12:00. My two midnight girls.

~♥~

Hello, and thank you for reading this post! The Rose family very much appreciates it!

If you have any complaints, criteria, name suggestions or anything like that, I would love it, any any type of feedback is good feedback! All of this can be left in the form of comments, or you can reach me at destiny.rose0701@yahoo.com



Yes, I'm new to Facebook, so don't criticize!

Anyways, kudos!

:)

8 comments:

  1. AHH! Great post! I WAS SO SAD ABOUT CORBIN!! NOOO!!! But congrats on the twins :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and so soon! I loved when Destiny was going into labor because the two pictures looked like on big picture. Gosh, I really sort of hated Adriano in the beginning when he was acting so weirdly but then when he started acting friendly he was super cool! I am so sad about Corbin. It would be fun if Destiny could find someone and have a boyfriend.... I hope Corbin comes back. :D Congrats on twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Yeah, I had to skip over 3 schoolwork tasks to manage two posts. >.<

    And the labor pics, I would love to say that's planned but it was totally a happy accident!

    And thanks for your lovely comments. :)

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the above comments, I m torn about Corbin. :( I thought they could really be together. I hope Destiny finds her true love someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I have some name suggestions - Aurora, Charlotte, Adrianna, Acacia, Adalyn

    Just a few girls names, most of them start with the letter A. I found these on a site and thought they might be nice to have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post :) Congrats on the twins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, thanks for the name suggestions! I'll definitely use them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @jadensmith - Thanks! I have been hoping for twins for a while.

    ReplyDelete