Tuesday 1 November 2011

Happy endings do exist: Babies 85 & 86

I don't have to wait long for Dwayne to get to my house; for one, he drives like a maniac. And two, he probably was excited to get the surprise over here, whatever it is.

"Good morning!" I chirp. For once, I am going to be on my best behavior in front of him.

"And good morning to you, little miss sunshine. How goes it with you? Ready for your surprise?" he greets me in turn. I can easily deduce that he's burning to unveil everything.
"Alright... Don't be mad at me for what the surprise is going to be. I got you something that you like... Something that you LOVE... Or maybe not. But still, it would totally suit your house. And seeing as the place had a special promo on these things, I had to get it."

His explanation has me nervous for a second. Dwayne is really unpredictable, so for all I know he could have bought be a car!
"Not to be too rude, Dwayne, but could you get to unveiling WHAT it is... I may have a heart attack before you get done explaining and apologizing for something I haven't seen yet!"

"Actually, you just made me think... that kiss we shared... Why di-"

"DWAYNE!" I interrupt. I really was almost jumping off of the sidewalk.

Dwayne smiles, walks over to his car, opens the back door, and fiddles around there. When he walks back to me, he comes along with...
A cat under the arm.
"You... Got me a cat?" I manage to mumble. Probably the part about the animal that has me dumbfounded is the fact that it's wearing the collar Dwayne gave me - when did he manage to sneak it out of my house?

"Dwayne. You got me a cat."
"Well, obviously it's a cat. A girl cat, in fact. Not sure on the breed, I think it's mixed. But I've learned that you love cats a lot, and I know you were probably disappointed the pet shop didn't have them when we were there. So I went back there again a few days later as they had a few new critters running around, and this little girl was one of them."

I bite my lip. How can I say no to such a gift?

"What's her name?"

"Well, you could give her a different name, but I already dubbed her... Nicki."
Dwayne places her softly on the ground, and immediately she walks over to me, rubbing against the side of my leg. My heart melts - I am definitely going to keep this cat.

"Dwayne, did I ever mention how much I LOVE you?" I laugh.

"Nope, not at all, in fact it's always as if you hate me!" he laughs with me. Thankfully he didn't take that seriously.
As I'm probably going to spend the day getting the house suitable for the cat, the first thing I do is age up the new additions to the household.

The boys are definitely little clones of their daddy, right down to his interestingly shaped nose. We may have another case of the R-triplets, who looked so much like each other it was hard to identify each one.
From left to right:
Tamika, Zoey and Ximena

My girls, in all their glory. Despite Tamika's and Zoey's issue with their weight, they actually remain positive and dress up in style. This actually presses them to be best friends, causing Ximena to be extremely jealous, although she tries not to show it.
Malakai Rose


Malakai is a bit lonely being the only mature boy in the house, and not having anyone to really share all his troubles and woes with. His enthusiasm for mixology has me worried that he could become a problem drinker one day.
Night fall is here, and I'm all ready to get to kick out my shoes and get into bed - there's just one problem. My bed had a small revolution, and has been taken over my PETS! Both Nicki and Chica are lounging on the covers.

"Uh, scoot over, please?"



If it isn't the pets I'm running after and trying to put in their respective beds, it's the toddlers - never have I had such energetic kids, even while their only able to crawl!

From left to right:
Bonnie, Jeremy & Elena

Poor Jeremy; being the only boy between two giggling girls must be tough, especially when these two girls love to gossip about anything, and that includes boys in their class!

Bonnie is quick to approach me after she ages up, with a bunch of crazy ideas she wants to implement into the household. Only one suggestion really tickles my mind: the idea of having an all girl slumber party.

"We can hold it over in our room, and have pillow fights, play truth or dare, do crazy things, ANYTHING really!" Bonnie continues, trying to persuade me.

"Honey, you had me at 'slumber party'! Okay, we can have it tomorrow night," I answer.

"YES, YES, and YES! Thank you so much, mom!"

As I make my rounds to get popcorn and movies for the slumber party, and some extra video games for the boys, I drop by a house belonging to a potential father, Roman Chance. The guy is loaded with money, and is probably never seen without a expensive suit. Not having time for an IVF appointment, Roman and I are forced off to the bedroom. I feel extremely weird when I put my clothes back on and sneak out of the house.

The slumber party is a huge success, as hair, heads, pillows and feathers fly all over the place, and we're all having way too much fun. Poor Cheerio ducks behind the little house in his cage, for fear that maybe even he will be punched with a pillow.

When I check in on the boys and what they're doing, all I find is Malakai and Jeremy working it out in front of the arcade game machine, and the triplets crawling around the ground, desperate for some attention from their siblings.

"Seems like their having a slumber party of their own...," I mutter.

Bonnie and Elena had a hard time staying up so late, so they crashed on the floor with sleeping bags, where Nicki and Chica decided to join them. Nicki was even bold enough to creep in next to Elena!

With two girls out of the picture, and four remaining, we have a hard time deciding what to do next, seeing as Bonnie was the inspiration behind everything. Tamika suggests ghost stories, and I'm forced to grab a flashlight and tell a gruesome story.

"And in the end... They found out the woman's daughter was dead for over twenty years. So the kids had the horrific realization that they were dealing with...a zombie."

Tamika, Zoey, and Ximena are truly shaken up by the story of the Living Dead, something I had heard from a couple of friends of mine. Seeing as they crept under their covers, I find the boys in the living room playing the video games I brought them.

"Room for one more?"

"Sure, ma, but if you wanna play, you best know how to shoot a gun!" Jeremy warns me.

"Don't worry, I'm a expert at doing that," I grin.

"Oh, crap, we're going down...," Malakai sighs.

Early next morning, Tamika and Zoey are up and in their exercising clothes. Both of them are obsessed with getting into shape and in fit condition. On the off chance that there's a prom in their future, they want to be able to fit into a beautiful, sleek dress.
I absent-mindedly switch on the TV while searching for something to wear for the day. Bits of the news interest me, other parts just bore me to death. But when it comes to the headlines, my interest flares up again.

"Well, John, we have great news for the folks out there in Sunset Valley. There have been attacks on the town recently, previously believed to have been a animal of some kind. It has been confirmed that is is in fact a vampire, and he has been caught and taken into custody for further questioning. Over to you, Roxanne."

The screen changes to a young, tanned girl, with a mike in her hand. "You are definitely right, Zach, no need for any more worries. Just last night the suspect was arrested and taken to a safehouse for keeping. I'm standing here outside the police station... And it seems they are bringing the killer here! The officers are leading him out and..."

The talking fades out, and the camera switches view, focusing on the vampire that's being led into the building. But not just any vampire.

"Oh. My. God. Chad?" I gasp.

"The suspect was seen preying on his next victim, when a local watch guard saw the scene and called the police immediately. The vampire was subdued with garlic and other sorts of weaponry it is weak against, and will stand trial later today. That's Roxanne Kelly, WKPW, reporting live from the police station."

Everything is just too much for me to take in. My emotions are spiraling into crazy directions. Whether to be sad, angry, disappointed, shocked, I don't know, and my brain can't handle it. I just decide to focus on one emotion, and that is anger. 

"Chad... You killed Mimi... How could you?" I cry out, taking the TV remote and throwing it against the wall out of ager, actually breaking it into pieces.

Probably everyone in the house heard what I just did, but Ximena is the one to rush into my room to investigate.

"Mom, what's going on?" she asks after seeing the broken television remote.

"I'm... I'm sorry, sweetheart. I just saw some disturbing news on the TV, and I couldn't handle it. I'll make something special for you all for breakfast, to make up for the noise, okay?" I manage to say, without to much shaking in my voice.

"Uh, it's okay, I guess," Ximena replies, not expecting my sullen voice tone. "Not a big issue. But I won't say no for some waffles..."


Putting on a brave face is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. After slipping into some comfortable clothes, and not even being able to do my make-up properly, I head downstairs to bake the kids some waffles.

"Please, please, please, let me NOT burn these right now...," I silently pray.

Malakai and Ximena dig into their food like hungry lions, while Tamika and Zoey refuse to eat anything else other than fruits and vegetables. It's only now that I realize that they've lost an incredible amount of weight.

"Just how long did I sleep? You girls look so different, so... Fit!"

"Not too long. We just worked really hard on exercising and followed some programs on TV. And I promise, we will never set our lips on those fatty foods Ximena likes," Zoey smiles.

"Me, I don't care. More sweets for me!" Ximena laughs.

The house is eerily quiet throughout the day, almost sounding like an abandoned mansion. Malakai is the first one not able to stand the silence, and picks up Chica with the excuse they are going out for a walk. I know it's just a desperate attempt to get the hell out of the house and the tension in it - all my fault, in the end.
To finally find peace with the fact that my ex-boyfriend who turned into a vampire, and actually killed a friend of mine, I go down to the police station. I don't expect to find any sort of closure, but I do need to ask Chad what happened to him, and why he's a blood stalking vamp.

There is a red haired girl in front at the reception busy on a computer, with the ordinary police uniform and lack of emotion on her face. I clear my throat to get her attention.

"Excuse me, but I would like to visit a prisoner you are holding. His name is Chad Ludo, his the...um...vampire dude, who was behind all those...um...'incidents'."

"Oh. I'm sorry, mam, but that won't be possible," the woman answers.

"Can you make it possible?" I raise my voice, unable to condone what this officer is telling me. "That man is the father of two of my children, and I think I need some answers from him."

The officer bites her lip, and looks down. "No, really, mam. It really isn't possible. The prisoner was forcibly executed a few hours ago. He went rabid in his cell. I am sorry for your loss, mam, but your husband was long gone before his death - he was a different man, a entirely different creature."

The shock on my face must have scared the officer, because she runs to the back, probably scared I'm gonna flip or something. I didn't even have the mind power to correct her on the fact he isn't my husband. Chad? First I found out he's a killer, but now... Dead?

Not being able to hold my composure for much longer, I rush off into the car, and burst out in tears as I drive back to the house. The piano is my savior, and I pour out all my feelings into it, playing thunderous, loud music at first, but later taking it to a soft, soothing melody.

Yet the same line keeps running through my head. It can't be...

With a lot of courage, Zoey approaches me as I sit on the porch, staring at nothing.

"Okay, I'm not going to even ask what crazy crap is going on in your life right now, mom. But I DO know that it's making us a bit depro. No, I'm not asking you to cheer up, but I am asking for a bit of freedom for us teenagers. Tamika and I have made great progress on our weight loss, and Ximena and Malakai are doing great with their studies. So maybe, just maybe, could we age up and leave the house?"

After a moment's consideration, I realize that I can't keep them back any longer, and that my awful mood is just souring everyone else's lives at this point.

"Yes, honey, I think it's the right thing to do. I'm so caught up in my own mind... But forget that now. Know that mom is proud of you, and that I support you 100%."

From left to right:
Malakai, Ximena, Zoey & Tamika


So what was the real reason I was so down, I ask myself, after hearing the news of Chad? It's something I can't figure out on my own, so I text Calista to get her booty over to my house immediately.

"You do know that it's like 6 AM, right?" she complains.

"I do, and I've been up since 4 AM taking care of toddlers, so for me it's not a problem," I shrug.

The conversation takes a lot of twists, all the way from her and Luke, back to me and Dwayne, and furthermore about any future pets she might get. Only after ten minutes of talking do I feel comfortable to bring up the dreaded topic.

"You know Chad is the serial killer, don't you?" I solemnly ask.

"I did happen to watch the news last night - I'm sorry. I know he was a friend of yours."

"So maybe that's why I'm so depressed about hearing he's dead. Because he was a friend, too. An ex-boyfriend, for goodness sake. And-"

"Wait, he's DEAD?!" Calista almost chokes on her coffee.

"It was inevitable. He did so many bad things..."

There was an awkward silence for a minute, where we didn't know howe to continue the conversation.

"Do you hate him for what he did, even in death?" she asks, her eyes thoughtful.

That's an unexpected question, and totally swerves my mind off-course.

"I think I do..."

My body decides it has had enough of me being over emotional and depressed all the time, and saves me by forcing me into labor.

Mason Rose
Baby #85

Alexia "Lexi" Rose
Baby #86

~*~

-Third Person's POV-

Somewhere in Hidden Springs...

In a quiet cottage way off the main roads of Hidden Springs, a man was reading his daily newspaper. Only this time he was searching for something very specific.

"I'm in the news again. I can't believe this kind of news reaches all the way to Hidden Springs. It may complicate things for us, but as long as we keep our disguises, we should be all right."

His "wife", who was preparing dinner, answered him over her shoulder. "Well, you did insist on making such a grand exit from your work, Chad."

Chad and Sylvia, two special agents from the SIA. Former special agents, to be exact. Both had gotten sick of the life they lived each day, and so came up with the genius plan to quit it. But you couldn't easily quit working for the government.

Sylvia took a seat next to him, a heavy topic resting on her mind.

"So tell me again, why did we fake our deaths and leave Sunset Valley? And why so dramatically?"

"We were in trouble, Sylvia. Because Destiny knew about us, she knew our real identities. And that placed her, and both us as well, in danger. Because we're dead now, she's not in danger, and we're free to live our lives. And the drama.. Well, that's another thing."

"You took a big risk there, disguising yourself as a vampire just to track down the other vamp that was the killer. And then YOU took the blame," Sylvia sighed.

"It was the perfect cover for me to fake my death. And I promised myself one last job before getting the hell out of there. Plus, the real killer is dead."

"But what about that model girl, from Bridgeport? She wasn't a victim of vampire attacks? Did you really kill her?"

"Hell no!" Chad almost shouted. "The coroner's office revealed that it was a drug overdose. I bribed the guy to say that it was a vampire attack. And, I had some tools to make it look as if a vampire bit her."

A silence followed, but Sylvia was quick to follow up on her questions.

"You know Destiny probably hates you now. That model was a friend of her - and you ended up being the fake killer. Are you really going to keep her in the dark, keep the truth from her?"

Chad took a deep breath. "Yeah. Rather she hates me than forever be in danger from the agency. You were right, always. I should never have tried to date someone and do my job."

"Uh huh. That should teach you to always listen to Sylvia! Now, will we forever also pose as country folk? 'Cause my accent is rusty!"

Whenever Chad did get fed up of Sylvia's bag full of questions, he would take out his horse, Mystique, for a ride down to a lake.

"So, my trusty steed, what do you think? The quiet life for us now? Hmm. Maybe we could try searching for the Fountain of Youth? I hear that's popular lately..."

An entirely new life was there for Chad and Sylvia to explore. What kind of adventures they would endure in Hidden Springs, only time would tell. But at least they got their happy ending.

~♥~

And that, my dear readers, is the end of yet another post! If something (or everything) in this post does confuse you, take note that for one, you will probably need to go through some past posts of mine to catch up on the story lines. And another note is that... I'm typing this at night and extremely fast as my mom is wanting me to go to bed, so I may have made some errors. I also apologize for the amount of wall of texts, but it was necessary! -_-

As for the name of the babies, yes, I can't stop naming my kids after The Vampire Diaries.

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now, so... Thank you so so much for reading this!

:)



13 comments:

  1. Awesome post! The third person bit at the end was a shocker!

    All your kids turn out to be so cute! Gah xD

    And your kitty Nicki is such a sweet cat. Her and Chica get along so well.

    Great work, Liana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Chad wasn't dead but I never suspected the fact that he wasn't actually a vampire! :O I'm glad Chad isn't actually a terrible guy like we had originally thought him to be.

    It was great to see Calista!!!! ^_^ I'm glad you were able to fit her into the post.

    Your post actually saved me today, I have had a rather disappointing and stressful week (that will continue to be disappointing and stressful) so I was so relieved when your post came out. It actually didn't come up when I signed into blogger under the blogs I'm following list but fortunately, I check your blog, like, everyday so I noticed that there was a new post. YAY!

    Nicki is so cute!! I liked the picture of Nicki sleeping with Elena. It made me go, "Aww!" Like I've already said, Nikki looks so much like my cat!!

    Also, I don't mind the long walls of text, I do that too sometimes (and mine have been even longer). Love this post Destiny! I can't wait to find out more about Chad and Sylvia (I've been reading a book and the main character's name is Sylvia O.O Lol, just reminded me of that)!


    Adios!
    ~Catlover aka Calista Smith :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :O wow...very dramatic there...I love the kids (as usual, duh) and i love the story line you've created. I was thinking Chad was gone forever, but then...he wasn't. But I also don't think he's going to come back. That's just what I think.
    Anywho, I love your writing, very good :) I can't wait for the next update!!

    P.S. Wow...I feel like I need to write more, I'm looking at Calista's comment and it makes me feel bad for not writing as much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Liana: Haha, thanks. I aim not only to please, but to give people a shock every once in a while.

    Don't forget your kids, they're just as cute!

    The peace between cats and dogs never last, though. Hopefully they'll forget about that and continue to like each other. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Catlover: How the hell did you know he wasn't dead?! O.O Aw, man, I've had this idea for days! See, I knew it was a bad idea to chat with you on FB and tell you the ending would be unexpected... (I still love to chat with you, though XD)

    Aww, sad to hear you're having a bad week - I'm gonna have my fingers crossed for you that it will improve. I'm happy to hear that this at least cheered you up! Yeah, Blogger is messed up at times, and I actually haven't seen some of your updates listed there, but I do go check your blog at least once everyday. :)

    She looks a lot like Mei, I agree! I made Nicki the day before you actually showed me a picture, so it kinda shocked me... O.o

    I'll answer the Chad and Sylvia in a minute.. Browse down to my response to Truffle legacy's comment to read what will happen. - ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Trufflelegacy: Drama is my middle name...okay it's not... But I am a dramatic kind of person, so I love to incorporate it into my blog.

    Great to hear that you like the kids, and the story line.

    And actually, your suspicion might be correct. I'll explain that now.

    PS: Catlover and I seemed to have a invisible agreement to post long comments on each other's blogs.. We're two crazy stalkers who stalk each other's blogs. XD

    Alrighty, now about Chad. Yes, unfortunately, he MAY not be coming back. The future is not set in stone, so that's why it's may and not definitely. But so far, he will not be returning any time soon. I should have added the trivia on this post, darn it! :(

    Well, thank you for taking the time to write out such fantastic comments!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel incredibly special, because AMBER LIGHTS, a 100 baby challenge mother who's challenge I follow, commented on my blog... EEK!

    KewlAidJammerz, just so you know, I am also jealous of your blog and story. :) (Still can't believe how someone could be jealous of my blog, but anyways... O.o)



    PS to everyone: I corrected some mistakes in my post I just happened to see when re-reading. Please tell me if you see any more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, Destiny... I don't see how anyone could NOT be jealous of your blog! I definitely am!

    Your avid stalker
    ~ Catlover

    PS: Not to be any more of a stalker, but Amber, what are you jealous about??? Maybe we have some things in common. ;)

    Just wondering.... sorry, I'm just curious. You don't have to answer that, in fact, I think I should just stop talking. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im LOVING this chapter so much! Dwayne and Destiny are so cute together; please marry him! The pets are cutie pies, and the ending is such a shocker. When your challenge is done, please continue writing because I really enjoy your work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also have to agree with all the COMMENTS above, I love the way you right and enjoy reading them when I'm having a long day please keep up the wonderful work you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was so great, you completely blew us away with that surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Cat: I don't know how to respond to your comments anymore! When people talk about jealousy I blank out... O.o I'll be honest and say I'm jealous of YOUR blog, Miss Calista Smith, because you have perfect kids, awesome drama, and most definitely write better than me. :)

    @Teeka: Glad you like it! We'll see about the marriage thing... There might be some horror in the future. *nudge nudge wink wink* I think I will continue writing, as long as there are still people who read my work!

    @MizDyamond: Aw, thank you! I'll try to keep up the progress on my blog. :D

    @Anonymous: Thanks, that's what I always try to do! :)

    ReplyDelete