Friday 1 July 2011

Birthday Surprise: Part Two - Babies 46 & 47

"So girls, what did you do today?" I asked with a smile on my face as the girls ran into my room.
"Awesome things - after school ballet was so cool! We learned a new routine today, for the recital. Will you come watch, mom?" Lindsey stated excitedly, skipping around the room.
"Of course! Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world."
Noticing Meagan standing in the corner, still in her pink ballerina outfit, I ushered her forward.
"Mom, can I show you a new move?" And with that, Meagles (her new assigned nickname, coming from Logan) twirled like a professional, almost knocking me to the floor.
"Whatever I'm paying that school, it seems it's not enough. That was perfect, Meagan! You have a real talent for the arts! Brava!" Clapping delightedly, Meagan did a little curtsy before running off to get changed into her pyjamas.

By nine thirty we were all on our way to bed, but I couldn't sleep yet. Something, which I couldn't really put my finger on, was going to happen tomorrow.

I feel like I'm forgetting something...


The Next Morning, 6:30 AM.
All the kids were already up early. Including the toddlers! The Hangout has been serving it's purpose, a place where the kids could now fully relax, but also plot for the future. It was here where the kids came together to plan their biggest stunt ever; throwing a surprise birthday for their mom.
Meagan - So, it's mom's birthday today. She's still soundly asleep which is good for us. We got the presents..there's no cake as mom hates that.. What else do we need?
Lindsey - I got some decorations from the store. It may not be completely appropriate as birthday deco, but it could still work. Xavier, anything else?



Lindsey - Xav? Xav! Are you ever listening?

Xavier - Yes, yes of course. You just need to set up the table, the cushions, the presents, and so forth. Also, we need to find a way to get mother to the surprise area.
Lindsey - Good thinking. And what are you...? Nope, nevermind.

Xavier's doctor had given him the advice that he should try and connect with more childish items. So far, it seemed to be working. Xavier was practicing so much on the foosball table it was as if he became addicted to it.
Of course the toddlers were there to lend some cuteness to this moment.
Everything was set up small and perfectly.
Meagan had gotten me some pillows.
Lindsey had gone so far as to concoct some special drinks for me.
Xavier's present was a surprise still.
And the toddlers...a hug and a kiss will do!

Meagan heard a knock against a door, that of the garage door. Either it was a burglar, or their mom.
Meagan - Here she comes! Xavier, cut the lights.. Xavier? Concentrate, genius!
The lights went off just as my feet reached the steps. "Shoot. I don't like climbing stairs in the bloody dark.."
Padding the air with my hands to make sure I'm walking right, I slowly descended the spiral staircase one step at a time. The point of this was that I couldn't find my kids anywhere in the house, on the top level, so naturally I had to come investigate the basement area.
"SURPRISE!" three voices yelled simultaneously, with two smaller voices mumbling afterwards.
With the lights still off, I didn't know where the sound came from so I just clapped with excitement, joining their fits of giggles and laughter with a nervous face.
Surprise what? Did Meagles and Linds make it on the honor roll? Did Xavier start acting like a real kid? Surprise what!?
"Oh mom, did you really think we were going to let you off without a birthday party? Happy birthday!" Lindsey cheered. It dawned on me then it was my birthday, and that I had forgotten.
"Mom, what are we going to do with you? You remember our birthdays but you don't remember your own?" Meagan yawned with disbelief.
"Seems like it!"


~*Hugging everyone*~
"Lindsey, are you the mastermind behind this one today, eh?"  Lindsey stood with a big smile in the middle of the room, so I could only assume that she was assessing the situation, hoping that I appreciated this.
"Yes, m'am," she giggled. For that I planted a kiss on the top of her forehead.
With those birthday cheers behind, we came together for another birthday cheer! Xavier turned into young adult as we started unwrapping presents. He now has a goatee, which he says he finds oddly soothing in times of stress. Psychology, I'll never understand.
My pink genius didn't leave without giving me a small present thought.
"This is just...something that I thought might be important to you. To keep me close to you always."
I teared up there almost, fighting tears. "Xav, I didn't know you could be so sweet. Thanks, doll."
Xavier had actually given me a special mirror, that he had received on his field trip to the theater. We placed it in the gym, as it matched the walls the best.
Meagan - Do you know how boring this channel is?
Destiny - Come on, I thought you guys liked the Kidz channel.
Lindsey - It was nice when they had Spongebob on it. Now they just have reruns..
Meagan - Yeah.. Not even Phineas and Ferb broadcasts!
Lindsey - Hmm mm. That's it, I'm switching to a diff channel.
"Oh not the romance channel!" Meagan practically yelled, shooting upright in her seat and standing up. Meagles had a big dislike for romance at the moment.
Linds and I both smiled cheekily at Meagan; Lindsey with real meaning, and me, with a small nervousness. I wonder why she disliked romance so much, so early.

"It's not THAT bad, Meagles. So you had a crush on the new boy. So he fell for that other blondie. It's not that big a deal," Lindsey shrugged.
"It's doesn't mean it was fun...," she sighed.
Under normal circumstances, having a birthday would have been enough excitement for one day. Tired and pregnant don't go together well. But it was time to invite a cheery character back into our lives - Chad.

"Hey there, Chica, how's it going?" Chad greeted me with a romantic hug.
Meagan happened to be walking past us, and I caught a glimmer of hope in those eyes of her.
Does she think Chad and I are going to finally admit we belong to each other? I seriously hope not..
"Chica? What's that supposed to mean?" I laughed, inviting him inside.
"Well, it's been my favorite pet name, and as your my favorite person at the moment, I think it belongs to you."
10 minutes later, Chad and I were sitting under the tree, by the rose bushes the gardeners had thought to plant.

"You know, you still haven't talked to me about that one issue we touched last time we spoke..," Chad mused quietly, staring at the seagulls overhead.
"No, we haven't, have we?"
"So... Have you thought..about the possibility?"
I took a deep breath, hiccuped, then released it.
"I think, if we work hard enough, that it could work."
Chad got such a fright that we switched our pose.
"Really? You mean it?" he asked.
"Well, maybe. But you should know that the challenge is still my goal."
He sighed. "I know. I know. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one.."
"Well, I'll let my mind run about how we can actually make this work, okay? In the mean time, you get back to your art and paint some presents for me!"
Chad laughed, then smiled. "Happy birthday, Chica."

So, ladies and gentleman, I officially have a boyfriend.
Chad stayed till the kids got back from school, the time we all headed out to attend Lindsey's And Meagan's recital.
It was a perfect performance, and they both walked away with the Best Ballerina trophy.
While trying to get the girls inside of the house and ready for bed proved to be much more difficult than expected. Meagan decided to be funny and threw water all over me from the treehouse.

"That's it! TV privileges are being revoked, young missy."
"Awww...."

~*Cue erratic dance moves*~


And also labor.



And it's a girl(s)!
Meet
Jaime Rose

and her twin,
Francine Rose

~♥~

First and foremost, I'd like to thank everyone who wished me a happy birthday (on Facebook). It made my day extra special!

Thanks for reading! Any type of feedback is appreciated, especially criteria or mistakes that I made, so that I can make my posts better. This can be left in the form of comments, or you can contact me at my email for this challenge,
destiny.rose0701@yahoo.com

Alright, off to eat some B-day cake with my parents and sister, and then heading off to go shopping.


Also, can anyone guess how old I am today?


Ciao!

:)




11 comments:

  1. Not a day over 21 ;) Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :D Didn't know, wwoooow!
    Are you like 20? :D

    Btw. really good post, you sure have a talent for finding the right snapshot-moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Destiny! I'm so happy about Chad!!! EEEEKKK!!!!

    Can't wait to see what happens next, and I agree with WindsFamily, your pictures are fantabulous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Destiny. Love the story and been reading for a while now. You have some lovely pictures as WindsFamily said.

    Can I just ask where did you get your various CC pieces. I love it all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, thanks guys! My birthday was awesome thanks to my family who surprised me, and you guys. :)

    Well, you know how people say, practice makes perfect, and this blog has really helped me take better pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Skye Everrard: I can tell you where my CC comes from primarily, as I don't trust too many sites lately. The hair is mostly from Peggzyone.com, and Newsea, which can be found on TSR.

    And the rest of the clothing is usually from TSR, or from Sims I've downloaded from the exchange.

    And CC for the house is just from downloading various lots on the web. :D

    I really have to keep better record I know (sorry) but I never have time.

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Destiny!!! You really are wonderful at capturing moments! Keep up the great work, love the new boyfriend ;) hope it works out for ya! YOURE ALMOST HALF WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love it!!! keep up the fantastic work and please please please update soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @CatherineBell: CATHERINE! O.o I thought you had disappeared..

    Thanks, I can't believe I'm almost at 50. :D Feels like yesterday I was stubborn enough to move Destiny to Bridgeport and start the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @jwplod: Already working on the next post. With a lot of free time that I have currently, I think it could be out this week.

    :D
    Oh yes, and thanks for reading!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete