Thursday 14 July 2011

Reaching the middle of the road - Babies #49 and 50

Before we get on with the post, I'd just like to let everyone know I got Sims 3 Fast Lane- and Outdoor living Stuff packs. So expect to see a lot of content from these to be in the post.
(Fun fact: These are my first stuff packs, EVER)

There are so many things I probably hate in this world. The man that drops of the bills, the repo man, burglars (who have avoided my house the entire time luckily). But what's worse than those, is a incredibly stinky toilet. With having so many babies, the toilets got left behind, and now they look horrible. Cleaning that was the first thing to do in the morning.
Meanwhile, Lindsey and Meagan were off on a field trip. Unfortunately I had forgotten to check where to. Let's just hope nothing to bad..

Meagan - I CANNOT believe mom signed the permission slips to let us go to the bloody MAUSOLEUM!
Lindsey - I thought mom loved us. Why would she out us in harms way?
Meagan - I thought so too.. Well, tag, your it! Your going in first.
Lindsey - WHAT?! Ugh, sh-
Mr. Jenkins (teacher) - Language, Lindsey!
The boys were home first, funnily enough.

"MAAAAAAAAA! Lindsey and Meagan are stuck in a tomb! They're to afraid to come out because of a small white mouse. Honestly.. But they'll be out in a hour, probably. Police is already there."

*Feeling like the worst mom ever*


I had signed permission slips to send them to a mausoleum. Facepalm. I know Meagan and Lindsey are TERRIFIED of death and all things related, and now I slip up and do this? Well, at least it's educational. Now where is that school principal's number..
The school bus made an arrival at our house two hours later with the girls, safe, and in one piece. Expecting to see angry and miffed faces, I got one heck of a surprise when I saw them both laughing.

"Did you see how big Jennifer got a fright when you jumped up behind her? Made my day worthwhile!" Meagan laughed, punching Lindsey on the shoulder.
"Oh yes, priceless. To bad Mr. Jenkins lost his camera, or we could have had a photo!"

So with happy smiles, I bought the cakes and we had some birthdays to attend to.
Oliver Rose
With great genes from his parents and a up to date kind of style, Ollie is yet another ladies man my family has produced. It's shown in his attitude towards life, as well as his hairstyle. He's easy to read as a character, and can certainly NEVER lie.
Logan Rose
People are often terrified of changes, but Logan is not that kind of person. Just to be different, he shaved almost all of his hair off. He's a daredevil, willing to try out anything that is new in the trend. Point him in a direction, and he'll go there without question. Ask him to kiss a guy instead of a girl, and he'll probably accept. 
Jaime and Francine still aren't the best of friends, a feud that's been going on since their toddler stage. Both are incredibly different and unique, which would lead to clashing of personalities. But when the chips are down, they'll be there for each other...I think.
After dinner, Ollie helped me out by doing the laundry that has been piling up everywhere, even a basket couldn't hold it.
My garden was half near death when I got there! The sprinklers luckily sorted that out quickly, and I could harvest my flame fruit bush. Unfortunately, it's now barren, and I had to throw it away.
One last group photo of me and the girls.
Lindsey is still extremely confused with her life.
Me, I'm a hippie, through and through!
And Meagan, she's sweet and confident in regards to her future.
:)
And then, they left for the road, leaving me with tears in the eyes.
I had barely slept at all that night, and accidentally slept through to 5:30 AM, instead of waking up at 3 to tend to Thomas. But that's not the biggest deal in the universe, right? Wrong.
Little Thomas was in a fit and screaming at the top of his lungs when I got there. But funny enough, he wasn't hungry, nor did he need new diapers. No, it was because there was a weird ruckus going on in front of the house. Probably just some truck unloading supplies for the beach.
Getting dressed as quickly as possible proved a bit difficult with a headache still lingering on the forehead, but I managed. Next up: investigate the disturbance in front of the house.

Surprisingly enough, it wasn't a truck unloading things. In fact the truck was already speeding away. It was the three new objects on the parking area that caught my attention.
Oh, my, gosh. Who in the world of sanity would drop off bikes here?

That would answered pretty soon as I picked up a card that was left on the ground. It read as follow:

"D,
I feel pretty bad not being able to be there for my boys. I know you have some kind of stupid rule, but I want them to know me somehow. Here are some motorbikes for them. Tell the boys to watch out!
L"
I ground my teeth together. Leo Capshaw. We are going to have a talk soon, mister.
"Swee-ee-eeet! Thank you Santa! This is like Christmas in freakin' July man," Logan yelled, super eager to get on a bike. Which he did, hitting the roads, without any care for my objections, and without a license. That's Logan for you.
Ollie followed suit and jumped on a bike. He was a bit quicker to return though.

"Oliver Matthew Rose, do you know how WORRIED I've been! That's it, I'm taking these motorcycles away and selling them for scrap. They're not safe and-"

"Mom, mom, wait a damn second, please! You have no idea how awesome it feels, to ride at that speed, with the wind in your face, feeling free. ...You know, there's another bike. I think it's supposed to be yours.."

Oliver really knew how to close an argument. I was dying to try it out, really.
But first, I had to give someone a piece of my opinion..

"Leo, in what universe do you think it's logical to give motorbikes to teenagers? This universe? Leo, your crazy. They don't even have licences yet! They could have an accident. Do you know how many children die lately because of accidents? No? Well, find out."
I hung up on him, and it felt good having that off my chest.
With that done, I cast a nervous eye on the bike.  Okay, so it was technically mine now. But I felt scared just by looking at it. Would I be able to drive this thing? One way to find out, I guess.
*Noob in progress*
Yup, I have no clue how to even get on a bike.
....So how do I look?
As Oliver had insisted, riding a motorcycle really felt fantastic compared to a normal family van. The wind in your face, hair wipping up and down on your back, speeding past other vehicles - I would do it again anytime.
When I got back to the house, locking away the motorcycles in the garage, someone else made an appearance. Someone vaguely familiar. Isn't that Abigail? I wondered. Chad's daughter.. On her bicycle. Now what would she be doing here.
"Hi, Chica!" She called excitedly, placing her bike on the pavement. "Sorry if I call you that, but my dad told me you might like it. And your name is sooooo loooong to pronounce. Even saying 'miss' feels funny."

Abigail had changed a lot since toddler stage. She had been a quiet type of person when little, even a bit shy, but now she was chatty and without shame.
"Abigail, you've grown already! Come here, give me a hug." Her small arms stretched out, trying to reach me height. I giggled. Giving hugs to children made me laugh, as they tried to reach around you.

"Calling me Chica is fine; I kinda like it now. Say thanks to your dad for me!"
"No problem. He's a kind of genius when it comes to pet names. Anyhoo, I just came over here to spend some time with my family.

*Hiccup*

"Oh, sorry, Chica..miss Rose," she apologized quickly. "I don't have much of a family apart from my uncles and aunts, and grandparents. I'd like to think of you guys as family too."
I invited Abigail inside, and Francine was quick to jump on the new arrival - they didn't have to many people over, as our house is pretty far away from town (hoping to remedy that someday).

"Hi! My name is Francine. I have a sis called Jaime. Wanna come play with us in the treehouse?"
"What are you doing up there?"
"Fighting against pirate invaders." Francine was pretty chuffed at herself when she said this.
So the girls played in the treehouse probably the entire afternoon playing make believe as pirates, and only after this they settled down to chat for a while.

"Jaime, what are you doing? It looks like fun," Abigail asked.
"I'm using this...uhm, long scope thingy, to spy on everyone. You can see really far with it, you know!
"Cool beans! Can I try later?"
Ollie truly loves the waterslide. If it was a girl, maybe he'd ask her out.
Trying to take a photo of the boys proves to be much harder that you'd think. Sure, Ollie loves to smile for the pretty camera, but Logan hates the limelight, extending his hand to cover his face from the camera.
As Oliver volunteered for a portrait (he loves attention), it gave me the opportunity to get back into painting, something I feel I've gotten out of practice with.
Who is this girl you may ask who looks pretty dark and mysterious? Oliver keeps telling us that it's his imaginary friend turned to life. Potions, how I love thee sometimes.
In Sunset Valley, news traveled pretty fast, no matter where you were. The newest gossip was that a new pool opened in town, called Lagoona Richmond. Apparently the Richmond family, new to the town, had so much money that they built this, just to win the hearts of the neighborhood.
(I don't know what they were thinking, there's already 2 pools)

So as a treat to the family, I took the kids downtown to the opening of the new pool.
Of course we took Thomas with. he's too adorable for words, yet he can't stop crying. Easiest thing to do: take him for a stroll.
On our return from the short walk, I could see the boys were up to some mischief. Maybe it's time to listen in on what they were saying...

"Dude, did you see that blue haired chick behind us? Totally looking hot in that bikini! Too bad she's not a teen.."
"I don't care, I could still try to make a pass at her. You up for that?"
Time to put a stop to their teen hormones running wild.

Destiny - Boys, making inappropriate comments on other adults really aren't the best way to spend the day.
Oliver - Ma, we can't help it! We're teens! We appreciate the "natural beauty" around is.
Logan - I'm with pretty boy in this one. I mean, that's what high school dudes do.
Destiny - I'm not necessarily saying....stop, with, whatever your thinking, though that would be nice. Just.. Keep it to yourselves, okay?
Though the boys really had no way of knowing, the blue haired woman they had been gossiping about was in fact challenge mom Calista Smith.
If you haven't read about Calista Smith, you can do so here.

Calista has been doing the challenge since November 2010, and has almost reached the middle of her challenge, an accomplishment in itself!

(Thank you Cat, for letting me use her in my challenge. :D)
Yes, I've been following her challenge since...well, I don't since when. And yes, I've been dying to meet this celebrity and probably ask for her autograph. But our first encounter wasn't like that at all!

"Oh hi there.. Sorry if I jump on you like this, but why do you look familiar... You look a lot like Duncan Rose.."
"That's 'cause I'm his mother, Destiny Rose." Awkwardness shone through my face, but I felt strangely flattered that she recognized me.
"Oh, that's right! Of course it's you. Sorry, couldn't see you that well in this light. So hey, how's it going? Personally, as well as with the challenge of course."
I pulled a face at that part.
Destiny - Personally, no complaints. The kids are great, my boyfriend is great, my life is great. But I'm currently at a pause with the challenge.
Calista - Oh, I know how you feel. I've been having some.....difficulties as well. I'm hoping to have them resolved soon, but I don't know at what cost.
Destiny - So, I've heard about you and Simon.. What's up with that?
Calista - ....Nothing... Purely platonic. Where do you get your information anyways?!
Destiny - (laughs) From a reliable source, why of course.
It was dark, the girls were tired, Thomas wasn't happy, and the boys were going crazy without something to do besides swimming. So I invited Calista over for some dinner, and we went on the road back home.
Tommy aged up as we got home, and he is so darn CUTE! He has pretty much all his daddy's facial features from what we can see, but he has my blue eyes. He also has light brown hair, which isn't entirely his father's. Probably one of Jeff's parents maybe.
*Adorable is my name*
While the kids were fighting over who would sit where at the table, I cooked up some Gooby Carbonara, probably the cheapest thing I could make at the moment. I really had to make a stop at the grocery store.
Calista - So, your Oliver, right?
Oliver - Yeah, but my mom and sisters call me Ollie at times.
Calista - Oh, okay. So, what are you doing? Texting your girlfriend?
Oliver - Nope, making a prank call.
Destiny - Ollie!
Oliver - Sorry, ma.
Destiny - You should know better than waste credit on random calls.
Oliver - But mom! I'm a teen, that's what teens do.
The kids really dug into their dinner that night, obviously hungry after the all the day's activities. So for the first time ever, it was quiet around the table.
After dinner, Calista and I sat down in front of the television to watch some family videos I had made of the children, and after that, some cooking shows. All the kids, except Jaime, had gone to bed.

"Well, I've been thinking," Calista admitted after a while, while some adverts played on the TV.
"Ooooooh, sounds dangerous."
"Hahaha! No, but seriously. You know that Duncan took part in my challenge a while ago, and you have three new beautiful grandchildren... How about we be fair and have one of MY sons take part in your challenge?"
I muted the TV at this suggestion. "You think that would be possible? I know almost all of your sons have already gotten married, lucky men they are."
"Your right. But some aren't. I have a suggestion... How about Saffron, baby #6? He's single... You don't have to decide right away, just, maybe think about it."

This idea was tempting, but at the same time...weird.
"Call him, and tell him to meet me in front of my house, 11:00 AM."
Before Calista left, I just had to snap a pic of us together!
:)
(I have another one as my FB profile pic now)
It was the first time I had seen Saffron Smith in the flesh.
He had his mother's trademark blue hair, and a really nice tan.

He got at my house at 6:33 AM, even though I had only expected him around 11.
After examining Mr. Smith for a while, deeming him okay for the challenge, I got a chance to ask him why he got here so early.

"You wouldn't know, but I'm...nervous, and excited at the same time, about having kid running around that I can call mine. I don't wanna mess anything up, so I came early."

Smiling, I explained to him that I refrain from "awkwardness" nowadays and that's it's just a trip down to the hospital.

(Remember how I mentioned this new thing I decided to do with Destiny, IVF? Just to explain how it works, I use the Mastercontroller mod to do it)
Feeling a bit down after the return trip from the hospital, I took comfort from the only place I could; little Tommy in the nursery. As it was a beautiful day outside, teaching him to walk would take place in the garden.
Look who stopped by! The green goblins, as some people joke, but to me, my sons, Andres and Tait. Both of them are sporting new hairstyles, Andres having one that fits his age, and Tait, well, stylish, that's probably it.
Even though they are grown men already, they still loved to tease each other. We made some time for the shuffleboard, and Tait went to take his turn when..

"I'm in the lead little brother. You could not break my record, I guarantee it!"
And it was pretty obvious what Tait was thinking:

Wanna bet?
End score:
I lost.
Andres record got swiped off the board,
and Tait won!
Prom was approaching yet again, and the boys already knew who their dates would be. Oliver would take Primrose, and Logan would take Gabby. Funny how they're both dating their previous imaginary friends/
Jaime reminded me a lot of Isabella. They both are so curious of what other people do.

"Mommy, what are you painting?" she asked me, raising her left eyebrow.
"It's still a work in progress really, but it's...to tell the truth, I don't know what it is yet."

She walked away grumbling, unsatisfied by my answer.
Francine and Jaime are both seen as geniuses in their classes, so they had an not so official tournament in the study.

It's so funny to see how they both have their own thinking positions!
The Hangout is by far my favorite room in the house, as blue is one of my favorite colors. It's also a favorite with the boys, and they love the foosball table. Oliver managed to beat me all the time at it.

Logan was unimpressed with all our noise, and more than once tried to quiet us down.

"Mom, Oliver, for Pete's sake would you calm down? I'm trying to watch this one show on the TV..."
To make it up to Logan, I offered to train him in the gym. It was pretty hard on him, but he had been wanting some muscles for a while.

No, that's not an evil look on my face.
;)
....We had a little accident in the house. Someone had managed to break a fully operational sink. I took about an hour to fix, and I barely escaped alive. Why do I say so? Dripping wet and standing in a a big pool of water isn't how I planned my day.
We had another stroke of bad luck when the laptop broke. Out of all the household appliances in this house, the computer seems to break the most.
Who in Grim Reaper's name broke this thing? 
What on earth was Oliver doing? Cooking? That was by far the biggest shock I've had in a long time.
Destiny - So, Ollie. What are you doing?
Oliver - I dunno. I'm hungry so I'm trying to make waffles.
As everyone would expect, he burnt the waffles.
But he still tried, so that counts for something!
"Honey, with a little practice and watching some cooking shows, you'll become a pro at cooking. So don't feel bad that your first attempt didn't work out so well. I remember my sisters set the stove on fire on their first try." One small hug seemed to go a long way, and Oliver seemed to be okay, even smiling at me. Funny how wrong one person can be.
My kids are the best ever! They booked me in at the spa for some expensive package treatment. Though all the money in the household is carefully saved, I'm glad some simoleans were spent here - the 7 day moodlet was absolutely worth it.
I was off visiting Demi and Kalia, and it turned out there was a party going on. As I'm always up for a family gathering, I stay and let the boys and girls have free reign at home. I was a tad worried the house wouldn't survive.
But it seemed I had been worried about the wrong place; here, where I am, was in more danger. Tait can't help being evil, so he started plotting...
...And detonated Demi-Dee's car.
Cue the unhappy faces moment.
It had been an expensive car, and Demi's only mode of transportation other than walking. Which she doesn't like, and funnily, a trait she shares with Kalia.

You'd think because Demi-Dee is evil, she would appreciate Tait's "fireworks".
Oliver's mood has been decreasing over the span of a few days. But while his mood went south, his weight went up. Was it because of the burnt waffles or getting dumped by a girlfriend, we didn't know. But it was the twins who picked up on it first.
"So, Ollie, is there something wrong? You seem a bit sad." Francine took the lead and jumped right in with questioning.
"Yeah. It's been going on for days now. And your putting on a bit of fat. I suggest the training equipment," Jaime added nonchalantly.
Oliver didn't give them an explanation, and pushed passed them.

"Way to go, genius," Francine grumbled.
My problematic son approached me for guidance and a bit of help with training.
I went into labor just Oliver started to get the hang of the treadmill.
"Why is mom having a baby NOW?!" Oliver yelled.
"I don't know, your the genius of us two!" Logan screeched back, clutching his head.
After the boys FINALLY stopped screaming like a girl, Logan accompanied me to the hospital. Too bad he can't drive. Yet.
Dear readers, I present to you..
Baby #49,
Calista Smith Rose
aaaaaaand...
Baby #50,
Connor Smith Rose
And with that, I'm HALFWAY through the challenge! And only after five/six months!

~*♥*~

This post had been delayed for a while, because of stupid Photobucket, but I'm glad it's out now! I'm literally listening to the song "I'm so excited" by "the Pointer sisters" as I type, because I can't believe I'm so far with the challenge.

Oh yes, another BIG THANK YOU to Catlover800 for allowing me to use both Calista AND Saffron in my challenge. I named both the babies after your (Cat) characters, Calista and Connor (the father of Saffron).
Expect to see some more of her in my posts, I may keep her in my neighborhood for a while.
Read Calista Smith's challenge here!

Yup, so, that's it, ciao!

;)

5 comments:

  1. love it keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Now you'll only have to do that all over again! ;) don't worry, I will read 'till the end!! :)

    Great Update!! BABY 50!! AHHHH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really excited to read this post and it's finally here!! I LOVED the way you incorporated Calista in the plotline and even included some things from my blog such as her... difficulties with the challenge and Simon. Truthfully, I can't say anything more because it was just so good! Just the way I would have wanted it.

    Also, thanks for naming the kids after my sims!! I can't wait to see if they got the blue hair. I feel so good inside because Connor was you halfway mark! Only 50 more to go!! This is by far going to be one of my favorite posts although I can't wait to see Calista in the neighborhood. Where does she live in your game?

    P.S. I could actually see Saffron's eyes because in my game you can't really see them.

    Again, amazing post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jwplod: Will do! :)

    @trufflelegacy: Ohh, don't remind me.. 50 done, 50 to go! I hope I'm hoping that I'll still be doing the challenge when Pets comes out. It'd be nice to have some kitties around (or even horses).

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cat: I wasn't sure if including those snippets were okay or not, so I was pretty stressed out about that. Glad it was okay. :D More than glad, ecstatic, that you helped me reach the big 5-0.
    (I also felt it was necessary to return the favor with the names, BTW)

    Calista lives in a humongous house. Can't remember the name, but I think it's a white mansion near some cliffs..
    I'll try to get a screenie of it. :)

    PS: I wonder why we can see Saffron's eye better in my game?

    ReplyDelete