Wednesday 6 July 2011

Ghost stories are only legends, right? - Baby 48

My finger lingered in the air, testing the air currents. It was incredibly sunny outside, perfect for just being outside and having some fun in the sun with the family.

But that wasn't the point. What I really wanted to know was if it was nice weather for a small family party (AGAIN; what can I say, I'm a party animal even if my traits don't show it).
Testing the waters was next. Not like being cautious and making sure your safe. Quite the opposite. Jumping right in, cold water seized me. Still, it was the right temperature. Party time then!
There was no way you could miss the sign showing that there would be some "activity" at our house. Two big show lights we hired pointed the way to our home.
Guests started arriving! Garcia was the first one to show up, and she was now sporting blue contact lenses. Stylists. Always know the newest trend.
Aimee: *whistles* Helloooo, stud. Are you single?
Chad: Uh, no.. I'm taken..

Aimee was having quite a hard time keeping her gaze off of Chad (he's a hottie in he's own right, let's move on). Hopefully this won't come between Aimee and me, not to mention Chad and I.
Logan holding my hand as he blew at the candles of his cake.
<3
The girls cheered on Logan as he entered childhood.
Lindsey and Meagan were experts at hiding how nervous they were to become teens. Girls, I applaud you!
Ollie and Logan, both looking cute in their winter clothing set.
Meagan
Meagles is still head over heels in love with art. Definitely something she can make a career of, and find happiness in it. If she doesn't ever find a spouse, art will surely fill that void.
Lindsey
Linds is on the path to fame! Now that she can properly hold an instrument, Lindsey's music side has come out and dominated her personality. She is constantly beating it out on the drums.
Turning around, I bumped into someone, and Chad was quick to help me recover, giving me a tight hug before looking at me.
Chad - Hi there, stranger. Looking for me?
 Destiny - Hmm... Now that you think of it, yes! I am.
Chad - Haha, your mean. (pauses) The girls are really beautiful, Chica. They have wonderful personalities. Thanks for taking such good care of our girls.
Destiny - How can I not? When you love someone, you give it all you got.

We both laughed and walked and separate ways; for now.
There's always something, somewhere, that can really put you out of a good mood. Tonight, it wasn't the fact that my bikini was uncomfortable or the hair in my face, it was mostly by seeing THIS man's face; Corbin Fleming. I walked past him without giving him a second glance. Mostly because I hadn't known it was him till I reran it in my head.
First appearance of Corbin Fleming can be found here.
The ball dropped when he actually came over to me. Well, maybe at least one of us should be the ones that are polite.
"Hello there. Glad to see you around again. How long ago was it?" I greeted him.
"Too long. Look, we haven't spoken after we said our...goodbyes. I didn't even tell you about Clara and I. That's why I was never around when you came over to our house. I just felt so incredibly ...guilty. So, just know, that I'm sorry."
Corbin did really sound sincere, but yeah.. I still didn't trust him.
"I forgave you a long time ago. In fact, I hardly think about it. So, rest assured, you can sleep at night now."
I walked away without a second glance back. Corbin was the past. I needed a new future.
I didn't get to see my original family that much, but tonight would be much better; look who stopped by!

"Daddy!" I exclaimed, spotting a gray haired man who stood out from the rest of the colored heads.
"Sugarsweets, I haven't seen you for so long... You should stop by more often. We just re-renovated the house for everyone. My grandkids will sure love it."

I gave him a tight hug, possibly driving all the air from him, but luckily he just laughed. We chatted for a few minutes before mom called, to tell him the sink broke again.
"That woman is too busy to fix anything...," he muttered as he walked away.
Francine Rose
Francine probably looks the most like her daddy, with the dark skin, brown-ish eyes and most facial features. She's a energetic toddler, and loves to compete with her twin, even if it's just by crawling around.
Jaime Rose
Jaime has the most interesting skin I've seen in a long time (apart from Xavier's awesome pink skin). It's a mix between my tan and her father's skintone. Further than that, she's mommy's little girl with blue eyes and that..big nose of mine. She's cute, energetic, and smart!
I don't think I've ever really introduced anyone to her, but here's my other sister, Grace Rose. She has a career in the military, as she had some...let's just say, issues, with anger management and control. She's a fun person, a free spirit, and my oldest sister.
Charlotte, a close friend of mine (who also had an appearance in an earlier post), told me my son Logan was "cuckoo". I chased her away from my house, as politely as I could manage. My son? Crazy? Get over yourself. Though in my room we found Logan having a pillow fight..with himself.

"Nu uh, Gabby! I'm going to beat you! Wait, wah- OWW! No don't cheat, you cheater!"
Maybe there had been truth to her words after all.. Maybe not.
My train of thought got interrupted as we all saw bubbles emerge out of thin air, with a small being in the middle.
Am I dreaming? Is this all my imagination? Magical sparkles? Slap me, please.
"Logan.. I feel very funny. Is this hair on my head?  What am I wearing? Can everyone see me now?"
"Yeah.. I think they can.. Hey mom, this is my friend, Gabby, the one we told I told everyone about!" Logan excitedly explained to me.

"Uh, hi..," I waved nervously. This had to be Logan's imaginary friend doll turned human. Who knew such things could be true?
As Logan talked to Gabby about the fact that she couldn't stay in the house (as I needed the space for the next baby), I took the toddlers downstairs to The Hangout for some quiet- and teaching time.
Francine really doesn't like Jaime.. That was obvious enough as she stared across the room at me teaching Jaime to talk.
To get over the heartbreak of Gabby leaving, Logan started baking muffins. It seemed he had a real knack to find the right ingredients and flavor.
Oliver - Logan? Are you gay? Your baking....muffins. That's what girls do!
Logan - Well, the only way to comfort myself now is through food, okay?
Oliver - But you'll get fat. And then girls won't look at you twice in the future. And you won't get on the football team, or even win the Mr. Popular award. You need to think twice before you do stuff like this.
Logan - Your no help, are you Oliver? I'ma take these to mom, and see what she thinks.
Logan was already a great cook. His blueberry muffins were of Nice quality, and they tasted great.
"Logan, ignore Ollie's attitude. He's just a bit down too because his friend hasn't appeared yet. Now, these muffins, are fa-bu-li-cious!"
Even though I have a great and understanding boyfriend, he's not THAT understanding of the challenge. He does feel cheated on, I sense that of him, no matter how he hides it. So... I made an important trip to the hospital to find "alternative" ways to get pregnant, coming to the conclusion that I could use the IVF procedure, even if it's just for a little while.
(I know that other challenge mom's also add this to their storyline, so, sorry if this is copying, my mom just suggested this may be more realistic if she had a BF)



The next thing I did was call Chad with the news of my discovery - he still didn't seem very elated, so I invited him over. It seems he was already on his way, as I hadn't been the first one to call.
Lindsey had been the one who had made the call minutes earlier. She had some issues weighing heavily down on her mind.
"Dad, is it normal of me to want to become a great musician using drums? So many people use things like violins, bass, piano, and it turns into beautiful soothing music. And then there's me, wanting to o into the music business with drums, which makes A LOT of noise."
"Sweetie, it is normal. We live in the modern world now, and you will make the best music. You just have to find your specific genre..."
I don't hear anything further as they walk away, so I head downstairs to see what everyone else is doing.
Meagan was, as always, in front of the easel.
Logan was working on writing a children's novel, out of his point of view of the world.
Ollie was extremely frustrated as he couldn't figure out what he's next move would be against his imaginary foe, which was also himself.
Lindsey had accepted what her dad said, abandoning the piano and beating it out at the drums.
Chad joined me in the Fun for Adults room, kicking it off with the shuffleboard. I often heard his grunts of disapproval and complaining out loud. I smiled. Not so mister perfect after all.

-I don't know if any of you can notice, but if you look at Destiny's nose, you might see that it's different. My cousin came over once to play Sims and she messed around with my 100 baby challenge savedgame, using the Edit in CAS cheat to edit Destiny a bit. Only her nose was touched luckily. I could have changed it back, but I kinda like it now-
Family Picture
Babies 42 - 47
Linds is quite artistic when it comes to poses...
I had an appointment scheduled at the hospital for 9:30 AM sharp. Jeff Drummond, paparazzi, had been easily swayed to compete if I promised he could publish a story about my challenge and reaching the big 5-0.
With another weekend arriving, and everyone who didn't want to go to sleep, the kids arranged a small outside camp for themselves (I was already in my bed passed out). Meagan opted for the dramatics, starting off with a ghost story.

"They had no ways to escape the evil tomb of the more evil Mummy Carnupis. All the exits had caved in. How it happened, no one knows. The ceiling wasn't stable. It could cave in on them at any...given...time."
"OH, MY, GOD! Will they be okay?!" Lindsey whispered with barely concealed fear.
"LOGAN, DON'T CREEP ME OUT ANY FURTHER!" Oliver screamed out loud, shying away from Logan who had only leaned in forward, anxious to hear what Meagan would say.
All of them went to sleep with their own thoughts about the story Meagan had kept hanging in the air.

Catherine is still a wee bit childish, loving to come around our house just to hop on the trampoline.

Awakened by a twig snapping, Meagan got up and found that no one was in their sleeping bags. The lights of the treehouse were on, so someone was probably up there. But where were the rest?
She found her answer inside, seeing Oliver staring blankly ahead of him.
"Lindsey is in her room crying. Logan is in the treehouse reading to himself. Me.. I'm just here. That ghost story of yours really creeped us out, Meagles. We couldn't sleep."
Feeling extremely guilty, Meagan went to the nursery to spend time with the toddler twins, where she found Catherine.

"Oh hey, you must be one of my other half sisters. How's life outside the house and the challenge?"
"Well, it definitely has it's pro's and con's, but it's okay once you get settled. I miss the feeling of belonging, but it's MUCH better without any screaming babies. By the way, I'm Catherine. You can call me Cattie."
"Meagan, a.k.a. Meagles." They laughed together for a minute, then Catherine left.
As the kids left for school, the toddlers cried for attention. Taking them down to the beach seemed like a viable option. Until the two started fighting...

"Girls, quiet down! Your scaring the fishes.. Not to mention me."
Francine - Sis is bwein' slefish!
Jaime - Is not!
Francine - Is too.
Jaime - IS NOT! (starts crying)
Destiny - Girls, what am I going to do with you?
Baby bump progressing nicely.


I had lost connection with so many of my kids, concentrating always just on the kids that were currently inhabiting the house. To remedy this, I called over some of them.. Lanica, Aimee and Infinity. Eli had come, but the sun had started to burn him and he drove off again.


Destiny - So, Infinity, anything new?
Infinity - Not since the last time you asked me, which was five minutes ago.
Destiny - (blushes) Sorry, stupid of me. I just feel like I haven't been around to get to know the new you.
Infinity - S'ok. I'm fine on my own. I haven't met Miss Right just yet, but I'm hopeful, by the way.
Lanica - I'm thinking about having children of my own...
Fearing that I've been picking way too much weight from the pregnancies (from constantly having cravings for food of course), I had a safe work-out in front of the stereo. The baby must have liked the music a lot, because he/she decided to make an appearance finally.
We've been blessed with a boy!
Baby #48
Thomas Rose


~♥~


Thanks for reading! All comments, criteria, name suggestions or anything like that is extremely appreciated.




I tried to keep this post a bit shorter than usual so it's quicker to read and has less boring stuff.


That's all folks!


You can gift the Rose family here!

Ciao!




:D

12 comments:

  1. Love this post :) CAN YOU PLEASE INVITE TAIT OVER SOME TIME? i miss hiim :3
    lol xD
    keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tait's...ehm...>.>

    I removed the package file that supported rainbow skin colors, so his skin at the moment is black, like the grim reaper's skintone.

    I'ma have to find that file first before I can bring Tait and his brothers back in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad's girls are beautiful and I liked how you brought Corbin into the story a bit. There were so many family reunions. It's great to catch up on how the other children are doing. A lot of people (like me) just forget about the other kids outside of the 7 living in the challenge household. I like Destiny's new nose and the "alternative" way she got pregnant! If I haven't said it enough times, you are such a great writer, I loved this post, and I can't wait for the next one!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great chapter! Sorry I'm kinda late but I was looking thru the June posts and then I finally realized it was July and so I read the 2 new posts and so now I'm all caught up.
    BTW, I sent u an email :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @trufflelegacy: I replied to the email (sorry it's a bit late, I kept forgetting, and my keyboard was being a ass). :D

    Welcome back BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Cat: Yeah, I've been pondering the fact that I've pretty much left out everyone since they left the house, and only kept in touch with a few (Like Kate, Demi, Kalia, etc.), making it seem like they were my favorites, which worried me.

    I promise I won't let my cousin mess with my game again. :D

    And thanks so much!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why don't you kill the babys on the grill? Barbecue sauce and finished is the court for the whole family. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your suggestion reminds me of that mod from Sims 2 that allows you to literally put a baby up for barbecue.. >.> Ahh, good days, Sims 2.

    For another save game I have, that would be great , but not this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can try to write a story with pictures for us as a family murdered her baby. Your site would attract many curious readers. xD

    ReplyDelete
  10. .....

    ...

    .........

    Maybe another time! Usually those kind of things don't suit my personality. >.> But I'll keep it in mind for another story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a bad girl. Probably have to be punished. >:]

    ReplyDelete
  12. i replied 2 ur reply :)

    ReplyDelete