Monday 21 November 2011

Don't dream it's over: Babies 95, 96 & 97

The weather has been foreshadowing my mood lately. I feel so cold and lonely... And now it's snowing. In Sunset Valley. Who would have thought it? it;s the first time I have ever experienced snow, and like a little girl I want to run out and catch it. Maybe life isn't so bad, if the rest of the world is moving on?
I scoop up my little Brandi, and she's icy cold, losing a little color in the cheeks already. I didn't notice the house was that chilly, but I am wearing a rather snuggly outfit.

"Aw, sweetie, it's definitely time to get you changed into something warmer... Not my fault winter decided to come much, much earlier!"
Like the crazy boys they are, the triplets insist on aging up, as they don't have many clothes that are warm.

"I feel fuzzy, mom...," Percy whimpers as the sparkles around him. But as he enters teenhood, he only mirrors confidence. "My hair looks so awesome..."
Percy, Vernon & November


These boys are future models. Whenever I try to take a nice looking family picture, these boys bring out the serious and macho sort of poses. I can definitely see them do well in the modeling business - all of them have the confidence and self-assurance for it.
Violet, Sierra & Persia

Remarkably, I've had another set of kids that look almost exactly the same! The girls have been lucky enough the get their daddy's aqua-colored hair, along as blue-ish eyes. I'm not able to resist dressing them all in blue, and I crack up each time I look at them. If only my friend, Calista Smith, were here to see this - she's so obsessed with the color blue.
Annabelle & Brandi

"Well, look who the wind blew in... Liana Masons. I haven't seen you in ages!" I call out the next morning, as I notice Liana walking by.

"I have to apologize. I only came to find the ice cream truck, not visit you...," she chuckles, causing me to laugh along with her.

"Soooooo....," she starts off. "I heard about the break up. Not to be offensive, but through how many break ups have you lived?"

"Well, I've dumped a guy... I mean, guys, before. I think at least six. But never have I been dumped. The strangest thing is, I don't feel like crying anymore. I think I've spent all my tears on other guys. Or it may be the sworn oath I've taken, to never shed a tear over a guy again. But I always say, Don't dream it's over. Somewhere in this crazy world, I will find the right guy for me."

Liana nods and scratches her chin for a few seconds. Her face expression makes me feel nervous; it looks so conniving.

"Would you please start talking! You're making me anxious....," I complain.

"Okay, alright! How would you feel if we gave you a makeover... Just for a day?"

Half an hour later, I'm dressed in the most ridiculous clothing I've ever seen, in bright purple, from head to toe. It's hard not to feel weird in purple heels like I'm wearing.
I summon the girls to the living room to get their honest opinion, and Liana decided to sneak off, and not help me get out of my awful outfit.

As I walk around the corner, Annabelle covers her mouth with her hand, barely able to stifle a laugh. Brandi, on the other hand, can only manage to gawk.

"So... What do you think of my 'transformation'?"

"Uh... No comment....," Annabelle laughs.

And here's the reason why they can't stop laughing; I seriously look like a crazy clown!
With the beautiful sunset comes a lot of opportunities. At the beach, there's an eat-o-thon going on, so we pack up a lot of cheese steak ingredients, and enjoy a heart meal down at the beach, with an amazing view of the sun.

While I am cooking, I notice Vernon and November exchanging glares; both have their eyes set on winning the eat-o-thon, and the trophy that comes along with it.
Of course, Sierra and her sisters would definitely not take part in any kind of eat-o-thon at this point. Luckily, Brandi remembered to bring extra bottles for the toddlers, so at least they don't go hungry while we eat!

Early next morning, and I'm up entertaining the toddlers with the new swing set I bought. Persia is first to try it out, and I can't get over the fact of how cute she looks!
Persia doesn't last long, though. A few minutes swinging and she's fast asleep. And as it's quite a feat making her fall asleep, I leave her there for a while.

Not only did I buy a new swing set, but I also added a new pinball machine to the living room, which makes the boys ecstatic, and they are eager to try it out. November and Percy are the first two to jump for the chance to play, and November sets the first high score.

Back to hunting for challenge fathers, I find a really interesting man with impressive genes. It's not only the genes that pull me in, but his story; he was a scientist, and got into a really bad accident while they were trying out new chemicals for cleaning home objects, which resulted in his pink skin. I email the guy, who's name is Maurice Hargrove, and ask him to make a, eh, "deposit".

Just as the sun was setting for another day, I get a phone call from an unfamiliar source, but I go ahead and answer.

"Is this Destiny Rose I'm speaking to?" the mystery caller asks.

"Yes, that would be," I frown.

"Rose! Hey, it's me, Alex Webber. Remember me from the park the other day?"

"Ohhhh, right... Hey, I thought I had to call you, not the other way around!" I laugh.

"Well, it has been days, and I'm not the most patient person on planet Earth. So, would you like to meet up, grab a bite to eat, maybe dance a little?"

I bite down on my lip. What he just mentioned sounds a lot like an official date.

"Where did you have in mind?" I ask.

"I was thinking the Art Museum - they just opened up this new area, a Chinese room if I'm not mistaken. I've reserved it for this evening, so I'll be super sad if you decline..."

Alex's voice sounds so convincing I end up saying yes. I sincerely hope I did not make a mistake by doing so.

19:45 PM, and I'm adding the finishing touches of make up on my face, with Annabelle supervising.

"So who's mommy's date for the night? Is he my daddy?" Annabelle asks quietly.

"No, he's not, Annabelle... It's a hard situation to explain.. The guy is an old school pal. And I'm not even sure it's really a date!"

"But where is my daddy? I never see him... All the other kids ask me where he is, or what his job is," Annabelle continues.

I feel really bad, not having explained it to them earlier. So I try to summarize and end the conversation the best way I can.

"Anna, I'm sorry... Your daddy and I can't be together, nor will we ever be together. I'm sorry he's not a part of your life... I'll try to contact him and invite him over, but I think he's quite the traveler."

After a three minute drive to the Art Gallery, with my hands wrapped tightly around the steering wheel as I feel butterflies in my stomach, I find Alex on the second floor, stretching himself out as he waits for me.

"Well, lookie here! You actually know how to dress up formally. After all those wardrobe malfunctions in kindergarten, I was afraid you'll end up here in pink and yellow."

"Nice to see you again, Rose," Alex brushes off my comment on his clothing. "Our table is over there, so if you wouldn't mind, follow me."

Alex gently takes my hand and leads me to a spot in the corner. Is it bad of me to feel goosebumps because of his warm touch, so soon after my relationship termination with Dwayne?
We skip right over dinner and go straight to dessert. A waitress brings in two plates of Cobbler, places it in front of us, and scurries away. Immediately, Alex and I dig into our meal. It's been a long time since I've eaten real good quality food!
As we eat, Alex poses some questions to me, asking me how I got into myself into the challenge, about some of the kids, even as far as 'Have you had a boyfriend again?'. I decide he now knows enough about me, and I switch over to find out more about him.

"So, how's your life? What do you do for a living?" I ask him.

"Oh. I'm a teacher, actually. I teach at the school in Appaloosa Plains. But I'm on leave from there, doing some research as how the quality of education differs in different towns or cities. I'm also a part time writer."

"Wow... Impressive," I manage to mumble. Darn it, now I feel belittled.
Alex does not want me to leave without dancing with him first, so we get down to the groove quickly, and I find I enjoy this time with him.

The music changes to a more soft and slumber tone, so he pulls me closer, putting his hand behind my back, setting chills through my spine.

"Just give me your hand, madam, and we'll waltz off into the sunset..."

I only manage to smile at him the whole time, feeling extreme stupid because I don't know what to say.

"I forgot to tell you. Through high school, I took dancing lessons, for in case I went to prom. I see that it was definitely a good thing to do!" Alex states, dancing all over the room with me.

As I lean backwards, nausea falls over me, a sign of impending pregnancy. I close my eyes, practicing my breathing method. When I reopen them, I gasp. 

Dwayne...

Deliberately, I shut my eyes again, keeping them closed for a good ten seconds. When I peek through, I see Alex's face, looking worried.

My heart rate increases, and I start to feel faint. Why can't I get the picture of Dwayne out of my head? Why must his image ruin the good time I'm having with Alex.

"I-I-I'm sorry, Alex... But I need to go. I c-can't..." I stutter, and turn to leave.

"I'm not letting you leave that quickly, Rose...," Alex's soft voice flows over me, and he grabs me back to him, changing it into a Tango movement, twirling me straight into his arms.

Alex's face is so close to mine, I feel every breath of his on my face. And it doesn't stop there. The next thing I know, his lips are against mine.

"And now, you can go," he whispers, stepping away from me.

Feeling lightheaded, I say goodnight and walk over to my car, sitting there for a good five minutes before starting the engine and driving back home. What a magical night it has been.

Another day arrives, and I finally have confirmation that I'm pregnant. While making breakfast to soothe cravings, I spot a figure jumping towards the beach.

What the hell...? A kangaroo...?

Using my camera's zoom option, I take a picture and discover it's actually a deer. A deer roaming free, in Sunset Valley? Wowza.

The sun is shining, and the weather is at least bearable and not freezing cold, so the girls enjoy the day outside with the pets.

I later join in, distracting Chica, and making her run crazy around the yard. She's such a small thing, yet she has a lot of power packed into that body!

November and Percy are definitely not that interested in joining in with the fun, and prefer staying inside to play video games. Nicki begs for attention from them, but receives none. When Nicki doesn't get her way, she jumps up next to them, and decides to nap on the couch.

Seeing Nicki on the couch makes me want to capture the moment, and I return to my hobby of painting. The portrait turns out blurry and very very weird looking, so I don't continue with it any further.

As a birthday gift to themselves, the boys change into their swimsuits and get ready to slide on the water toys for one last time. Annabelle steals the shine by showing off some really sliding moves.

"I thought this was supposed to be our day....," Vernon grumbles.

Annabelle only rolls her eyes in his direction.

Vernon, Percy & November

Annabelle & Brandi

With everyone moving out, or at school, the toddlers are the only ones in the house that make any noise, and they hardly make any noise today, silently playing with the toys in their room. I scoop up Sierra in my arms, tickling her stomach.

"Aw, Sierra. Only a blink of the eye, then you're also walking out that door in search of your future..."

To get extra money to pay for the steep bills, I quickly make a sculpture to sell. It turns out to be very disturbing. How on earth did I manage to make 'Lenny the Freezer bunny' evil? Only a few minutes after selling it and paying the bills, does labor hit me for the upteenth time.

Baby #95
Luke Rose
Baby #96
Mei Rose
Baby #97
Sindy Rose

~♥~

Okay, this is a rush job as I actually have to get to bed, and my mom is breathing down my neck, so I won't add anything here as a footnote other than... Thank you so, so much for reading, and pretty please, leave a comment with your thoughts on this post! 

PS: The names for the girl babies are actually named after cats. Sindy is my cat, and Mei is Catlover800's cat.

PPS: the font for this post is screwed up. I will see if I can fix that later.

(Yes, I will improve this post tomorrow, when I have the time)

Ciao!

:)



9 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Destiny and Alex are so cute together ^_^
    Luke, Mei and Sindy are ADORABLE.. It stinks that they didn't get their dad's awesome skintone though.
    AND Venon as an adult.. holy omg batman xD Could very well be my favorite son of yours so far! XD
    -Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? This post was almost... magical. The snow in the beginning (I've got to try that fog emitter...) was such a beautiful way to start this post. Also, at the top, I couldn't help but admire my lovely photo.... :)

    I can't believe you had another set of nearly identical triplets. And yes - I like the blue! *Hehe* Yay, no more brown haired kids! Sorry guys, I love the brown hair, but there were so many of you!

    I love the way you introduce Alex and Destiny's relationship with the dancing, and the Dwayne, and the kiss! Alex is just too cute for words! I must have him in my game! I forgot to ask you, but did you create him? Sorry if you mentioned it and I just missed it....

    Another set of triplets! What if they turn out to be identical? o.O It was kind of sad that neither of the triplets got their father's pink skin but hopefully that means they got his pink hair or eyes!

    Oh Liana, you have the most interesting ways of cheering people up. I wonder what would have happened if Calista had been there....

    Oh, and also, I love the triplets' names. I'm glad you like my idea. I'm definitely going to do it myself, once Calista has two girls.

    Just wondering, did you name Luke after Calista's Luke???? If you did, then if Calista ever has 1 boy and two girls like Destiny, I'm definitely naming them Alex, Mei, and Sindy. :) If he's not named after Luke well... I'll still go with my idea. ;P

    ~Catlover800 aka Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that was so cute :)

    Keep it up girl! Only two more pregnancies...the final countdown! :D o.O
    -Amber Lights-

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow was lovely as a start.
    And I love the triplets names.
    I loved the way you made Alex and Destiny's relationship, and the dance poses.

    Only 3 more babies!!! So close.

    Skye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for making me pass and chat :D

    Those dance scenes looked rather intense and seeing Dwayne there to!!!

    I love the girls (Violet, Sierra & Persia) their hair! Looks cute on them! :)

    Did you like my purple-ness makeover? I loved it ;) *winks smugly* :p

    Not many more babies now, then it's bye bye Dessie. I don't like bye bye Dessie! :(

    Good luck on your way to finishing even though it's only 3 babies away.

    Great post as per usual and love seeing your pets too:)

    -Liana

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Violet Chrysler: I think so too, they look great together! :)

    Yeah, genetics in my game is screwed up... The babies never get their father's skintone, or at least they get a darker tan then what Destiny has.

    I could always upload Vernon for you, if you'd like? Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Catlover: You should! it's almost as awesome as pose player, if you know how to use it.

    I know you like blue - too much, in fact! If it were a person, you would marry it, I swear. xD Aww... I like the brown hair very much, actually.

    I'll upload him first time I get! I did create him. He's probably the most good looking sim I've ever made in CAS. O.o

    *Keeping fingers crossed for pink haired kids*

    Liana and Destiny are craziness together. Do we really need to add ANOTHER batch of craziness to the recipe? :D That's craziness multiplied by THREE!

    I did name him after your Luke. I didn't have internet access when I was playing, so I couldn't look up some good boy names, so I just took the first one that popped into my head - Luke. See, I I think way to much about your challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @KewlAidJammerz: Thank youuuuuu! I know, it's the FINAL three...*Singing final countdown at this moment* I think I'm heartbroken to know it's so close to the end.

    @SkyeEverard: Haha, thanks! I'm very grateful for the options the fog emitter allows us - it adds some realism and weather to the game. :)

    @Spongebob248: Pleasure!

    So, were you happy to see Dwayne again (even if it was imaginary)? I think a lot of people are!

    I LOVE the make over part - purple is one of my favorite colors, so that's why I chose it. ;)

    I know, I don't like it either! But it as bound to happen anyways. :(

    Thanks!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm finally caught up on your challenge just in time to see the end! I just LOVED this post. Wonderful pictures. I really like Alex...but I'm still a bit Team Dwayne. I can't believe how many triplets Destiny has had! Holy cow...Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next. If you get a chance, I'd love for you to stop by my blog. It's just getting started.

    ReplyDelete