Friday 11 November 2011

Sugar Rush: Babies 90 & 91

There is no doubt about it -  Kellen and Zane are addicted to sweets. It's either wasting a lot of money on sweets when they're in town, or actually stealing it from other people. The best thing I can do to ease this, is to buy an extreme amount of candy. So I do - introducing the gumball machine!
Jackson beats the boys to the machine as soon as it arrives, and quickly loads a cent into the machine, impatiently waiting for the first gumball to traverse down the slide.

"This is the best day of my life, the very best day...!" Jackson chants to himself.
Along with the boys' craziness, there's always the toddlers to consider. Early Friday morning, Lexi is almost attacked by Nicki, who couldn't keep away from the brown-haired toddler.



"Mo-ooooo-mmy! Kitty is bwiting me!" Alexia yells as I enter the room.

"No, silly!" I comment. "She's only trying to sniff you, get to know your scent. That means she likes you!" After this, Lexi is very pleased whenever Nicki tries to give her attention.
Jackson and Kellen are both vegetarians, and each night after dinner, where I prepare them a special salad instead of meat, they go to the fish tank and revel at all the creatures they sea, knowing they will never eat one of those.

"Look at that, oh man! A blowfish - I'm so glad I ain't eating that... It has so many spikes on it, or things that look like spikes...," Kellen exclaims.
The fish that interests them the most is probably the Robot Fish - those evil red eyes are quite mesmerizing, not to mention evil.
Mason is up bright and early alongside his sister, which allows me to spend some time with them in their last moments of toddler-hood. The sorrowful truth hits me; I only have a limited time left with a lot of kids in the house, until... Bam. I'm done with the challenge.

"So mommy will be giving you a lot of attention now, Mason... And attack you with the claw!" I laugh.

"No, mommy, no!" Mason giggles, and cringes away as I tickle him.
Mason & Alexia


Not that it comes as a surprise, but Mason and Alexia are sort of "on-and-off" friends, where one of them will completely ignore the other, and then the next moment, they could run around crazy on the yard. These two will make for some exciting time in the house.
Kellen, Jackson & Zane


After a long and stressful week full of exams for the kids and taking care of babies for me, we all agree to bag some food and head to a local fishing spot for a day of no worries, and no studying for tests.

Zane, Kellen and Mason all team up on us two girls and Jackson in a splashing competition, which soon turns into a fight only between Mason and Alexia, about who's the best at splashing each other from a distance.
Alexia ends up being the winner, but only because her big brothers didn't want to see her be bullied by Mason.


"Over protective mutts," Lexi mutters, and punches Zane on the arm.




Jackson and I aren't part of the fight much, thank goodness, but we do occasionally have to duck and dive to avoid some splatters of water.

"You kids are the craziest I've ever had!" I call out with a smile.

"I'm taking that as a compliment!" Kellen replies.

After we've all had our fair share of fights and fun in the water, the kids run off to play some football, and I dry myself off, returning to the shore to get the picnic set up. Only later I notice some of the food keeps disappearing, and the culprit is none other than Chica! Sneakily, she keeps walking past the basket with a nervous face, and now I know why - Chica has a guilty conscience!


The day had been filled with so much fun and festivities that I'm dead tired by the time we have to go back home. I'm not even in the mood to drive all the way home - catching a snooze under a tree would suffice. Zane and Kellen quickly collect all the food and towels, pack it into the car, and after we're all in with seat belts locked, I drive us back home.


As soon as I drop the kids off at home, and relieving the babysitter of her duties, I make the short drive to the hospital for my next IVF appointment with Ignacio Dill, a surfer all the way from Bridgeport, who I thought had nice genes and a cute face.

Back at the house, Nancy Landgraab drops off her son Eddie Landgraab for a play date with Mason and Alexia. Nancy and I get talking, and she confesses she lost her other son, Malcolm, in a tragic fire accident. I sympathise with her, having once believed I had lost my daughters to a fire accident as well.

After she leaves, and Eddie settles in to play, I head off to find the toddlers to celebrate their birthdays.

Percy Rose
Vernon & November

As with all the triplets I keep having, the boys truly look almost exactly the same, apart from some differences in hair and eye color. Vernon and November are very free-spirited, while Percy can be quite stubborn at times.

While I'm tending to the toddlers, I can hear bickering from outside, but ignore it - until the noise grows louder, and I can recognize Zane's voice. Rushing outside, I find Zane and Jackson arguing, while Kellen watches.

"I did NOT talk to her, I swear. Jeez, dude, you're not even going out with the girl! Why the hell are you so over protective?" Jackson protests.

Zane raises his hand as if to slap his brother, but slowly softens up, exhales, and storms off back into the house.

"What is that guy's problem...?" Kellen mutters, walking away.

Jackson remains outside and kicks the bottom part of the tree, which results in audible crack sounds.

"You know, I like that particular Plum tree. You may wanna ease up and take your anger out somewhere else..," I hint.

"Sorry, mom. It's just Zane that has be ticked off - he likes a girl but she doesn't like him, and now he has suspicions that I'm talking to her, and he's jealous.."

"Give your brother some time to cool down, then go and talk to him. He might want help if he really wants to date this girl."

I hug Jackson tightly, and he walks off to the house.

Watching the breath-taking sunset strangely reminds me of romance, which takes me back to Dwayne. He's left a gazillion messages saying I should call him, or inviting me over to his house. I try calling him, but his phone goes straight to voice mail, which is odd, seeing as Dwayne can't live without his phone by his side.

With sadness in my heart, I also head inside for the night, and get ready for the teenagers' birthday.

Jackson, Kellen & Zane

Early Sunday morning, the toddlers waste no time practicing their lungs, and they cry for attention and some breakfast. I prepare some gooey stuff that I picked up from the grocery store the day before - apparently it's much more nutritious than the previous food I always gave them.

"Please tell me I didn't yell like THAT when I was a toddler," Lexi moans after the toddlers had their meal.

"Actually, you did! Worse, in fact," I laugh.


Alexia and Mason both rag me outside for a another supposed "fun filled day", but I quickly fall out of the loop of things when Lexi turns in crazy, wide circles.

"I don't think I can do that... Pardon me while I go tend the garden!" I excuse myself.

When I later check up on the progress of my pregnancy, I realize it's going oddly slow, and that I have a much smaller bulge than in previous pregnancy. I pray that it's not another set of triplets - one set is enough for now!

During the week, when the twins have off day for tests, they both plan ways to get themselves some extra money. Alexia asks me for some suggestions, and the first I mention is selling sweets or baked goods. Quickly after that, she runs off to bake her first set of muffins.

"I'm not exactly sure how long I have to leave them in there... Any help? Mason?"

Unfortunately for Lexi, her first batch turns out to be of horrifying quality, giving off a stench that even scares Chica away.

"Let the professional show you," Mason smirks, running off to his room.

On his first try, Mason gets the recipe right, ending up with nice quality muffins, ready to be distributed to his customers.

"And that, my dear sister, is how you bake muffins," Mason boasts.

He didn't anticipate it, but unfortunately for Mason, the ice cream truck stands outside our house, luring away his clientele.

"This isn't fair... Blast you STUPID ice cream truck with your STUPID music tunes!" he yells.

The entire week had literally been an overdose of fun and family time, that I treasure every moment that I can get a nap. During my last nap of the day, labor makes a surprising visit...

Baby #90
Annabelle Rose

Baby #91
Brandi Rose

Dwayne's "disappearance" really has me rattled, and worried, so at 5:00 AM the next morning, the time he gets up to go to work, I make a stop at his house, actually getting there right on time, as he's about to walk through the door.

"Care to open up?" I smile.

"I can't," he yelps out a bit too quickly.

"Um, now is not a good time... I got to go to, eh, work, and I have a game today, so I have to, eh, train and stuff..."

Is it just me or is he hiding something...? I absently wonder.

"Dwayne, you've left a ton of messages on my phone, then all of a sudden you go quiet. I'm worried. Is something wrong?"

"No! Nothing is wrong. I'm just in a hurry!" The tone of his voice climbs higher, and I know he's lying.

"Oh, screw this, Dwayne!" I push past him and climbs up the stairs. There's a reason Dwayne is acting this way, and if it's in his house, I'm gonna find out what it is.

"Hello there," a seductive voice says behind me.

I get the fright of my life.

"Um, Destiny... Meet my mother, Elizabeth."

The eyes...

Vampire.

~♥~

This post is a tad bit rushed, I believe, but I have to go study for upcoming exams, and I need my ENTIRE weekend open for that. :D Expect less posts from Wednesday and onwards...

Super thank you's to all those who read this, and pretty please, leave a comment with your thoughts!

Trivia:
  • The name 'Annabelle' comes from a previous save game of mine, where I also attempted the 100 baby challenge in Bridgeport, with Destiny. Unfortunately, I didn't have a connection with that game and the characters, so I stopped playing that one.
  • If you read this post, you will have a better grasp on Dwayne's back story, and exactly why the post ended the way it did (or to be precise, why his mom is a vamp)


Spoilers for the next post:
  • Watch out, as Destiny and Dwayne's relationship is in DEEP trouble!
  • An interesting new character appears in Sunset Valley, who may or may not stir up even more trouble.



12 comments:

  1. Gosh you're nearly done.

    Any idea's what you will do when you complete this challenge in 9 babies time?

    If you just leave I will miss you.

    Great post, looked like a fun day out at the Rose household. xD

    Chica, what a sneaky pup! :p

    And that's a shocker (the ending) no wonder he had been acting all weird... :D

    Liana<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so close to finishing. And the post- le gasp! His mother's a vampire. Shock-horror!

    Skye-

    PS Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :O surprise twist... *shiver* vampires freak me out, that's why I never have any in my game...and I tried to start a legacy with one...but I didn't have much of a house so it was left outside most of the day...not a good choice...
    Anywho, 9.More.Babies. What are you gunna do after this?? I hope you do something else, another Challenge or Legacy or something...

    Can't wait for the next post!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Spongebob248 (A.K.A. Liana Masons): I know! I can't believe it!

    So far, I have absolutely NO CLUE at all at what I will do afterwards. Back when I just started the challenge, I had a lot of ideas, but they've all faded by now. O.o

    I aim to shock! XD

    @Skye: I can't do a post without horror, it seems... :D Thanks!

    @Trufflelegacy: Hahaha, good to know I surprised some people! Vampires also freak me out, but they do make for interesting screenshots (their teeth look awesome, I must say). I would never dare do a legacy with vamps... That's just... EEK!

    Like I said to Liana, I have no idea what to do! Suggestions? :P

    PS to all: I've added Trivia for this post and some spoilers for the next post, if you wanna see. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, Destiny's kids are BEAUTIFUL! I love each and everyone of them!!! I also love the pets. Naughty Chica, she's such a theif!!! I liked that part with Lexi and Nicki. Toddler interactions with pets are adorable.

    I liked the splashing competition idea...

    Percy is cute, as well as the two other boys, but I like Percy because he has different hair than his brothers.

    When Destiny was realizing she didn't have much time with the kids left, it made me so sad. I can't believe you've gotten so far!! Only NINE more babies left!!!

    I may be good at predicting the thing with Chad but you really shocked me with Dwayne's mother. I was like ":O" :)

    Aww, poor Malcolm Landgraab died. I aged and killed off most of the townies in my game.... they bothered me and my aging is all messed up in Calista's file.

    I'm so glad that there are finally some more girls in this household. Destiny kept spitting out boys and I was very unsure as to when there would be girls again.

    Yay! Can't wait for the next post. It's too bad you'll be busy but study hard okay? Most of all, take your time with blogging, it's not your first priority. Again, can't wait for the next post... I want to see Dwayne and Destiny's relationship to get out of trouble!!!!!

    ~Catlover800 aka Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I just realized there are a LOT of brown haired kids!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Catlover: I'm tired, my eyes are crossing over each other, so this may be a crappy response to your comment...!


    Thank you, mademoiselle. It must be the daddy's awesome genes that make them so pretty. :) I don't want to focus completely just on pets all post long, so I worm in such cute moments with them - glad you like them!

    Yeah... Sad fact his brothers didn't get that hair... But I must let genes run their course, and be satisfied with what I get.

    I know, it makes ME sad, especially when I was typing that part. I can't believe I'm so close. I actually want to go put on sad music for a while.

    FINALLY, I've surprised you! Hehehe. :P

    Malcolm died along time ago actually... I just forgot about it. x.x Remind me not to get on your bad side, as you don't think twice about killing off those poor townies!

    Of COURSE there will be more girls! Jeeps, if there were nine more boys, I'd faint..

    I should be studying now (don't tell anyone), but seeing as I studied 2 bloody hours at school on Nature Science and finished up all of the stuff in the text book, I think I can have a break? XD

    I know, I noticed that too! Unfortunately, there'll be even more brown haired kids. >.<

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveed the post SOO MUCH!! 9 more to go and your done.. i can't believe it! so close!
    Amazing-ly awesome ending.. it was so cool.. :DDD Anabelle and Brandi are freakin' adorable!
    I thought it was so cute how you got the gumball machine xD Its great!
    I'm super jealous of your blog right now! So awesome! ;D
    Okay, my comment has gone on long enough.. i cannot wait for the next post any longer! Woo! xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your writing style, great information, thankyou for posting. Best Baby Push Toy Walkers in 2018

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for sharing Blog.
    lead generation for dentists Arizona

    ReplyDelete