Thursday 27 October 2011

Watch out for brain freeze: Babies 82, 83 & 84

The house has been awfully quiet the past few days. Even the triplets, Ryan, Reuben and Raylan. Coming to terms with Mimi's death was not a easy thing for me to do, but I have to pick myself up again for the kids. It's the day after her funeral, which I missed due to it being for family and the press only, and I'm off to go pay my respects.

"We'll...take care of everything. Dinner, toddlers, the works," Reuben hesitates while speaking. I know he's not good when it comes to sensitive subjects.

"Thanks, boys... means a lot to me," I whisper. Grabbing my car keys, I flee to my car and drive to the cemetery.
A beautiful, medium sized tree with copper colored leaves was planted near Mimi's grave, as she loved the autumn season and all the clothing it brought with it. The tree threw a nice shadow over the grave, keeping the ground cool.

"Mimi... What did you do to deserve this?" I cry out softly. It was a vampire that killed her, no doubt about it - the signs were too obvious. The police have finally  linked the teeth patterns to that of a vampire, and have been knocking on everyone's doors, rounding up any and all vamps. So that would be one thing I could worry about less from now on.
Jeremy, Bonnie & Elena



After the drive home, I get the cakes out for the triplets, anxiously waiting as they turn into toddlers. They age up so differently from each other, each one having a different color, somewhere, in their features. 
Ryan, being the talented musician in the house, takes Jeremy under his wing and starts teaching him the mechanics of the piano.

"And that note, yes, that one over there, that's the 'D' note. Now see if you can find the note 'C'!"
Punchbags weren't available in the stores of Sunset Valley yet, and it's frowned upon if you just start smashing someone for no reason, so I turn to the board breaker to unleash my gathered fury of the past week. Raylan sees how much fun I'm having, and even joins me.

"In no time, I'll have a black belt, and then I'd whip anyone's butt who tries to mess with me," Raylan comments to me, extremely confident.
Maybe I should have warned him about getting hurt...
Reuben and Ryan were trying to get along better with each other, and were enjoying teenhood to the fullest. Raylan is pretty much the opposite, even with his popularity at school. He's extremely cranky when he doesn't get his way.

"I NEED to age up, like, now."
"You can at least say please, dude," Ryan chirps.
"Raylan, where are you going to end up in the world with those manners? Your brother is right, be nice, but yes, you can age up," I try and salvage the situation.
Reuben, Ryan & Raylan
Malakai, Zoey, Ximena & Tamika
By now, I've grown accustomed to Dwayne's unexpected-yet-expected-in-a-way visits to my house. He makes an appearance just after lunch, with a very serious look on his face. I could see it's forced, and that he's dying to tell me something.

"I found this place that you would love. It would cheer you up, instantly."

"Dwayne, this isn't the best of time... I was thinking of taking the kids out-"

"So lets take them with us, okay! Fun day for the whole gang, huh?"
Dwayne isn't the type of person you can say no to, so I agree, and he drives me and the kid up some hills and stops by a new building.


"A pet store?! Oh my freakin' word, my friends are gonna be so jealous if I have a pet and they don't!" Ximena shouts excitedly. I'm more baffled than excited. Dwayne wants me to get a pet?
Tamikaand Zoey fall in love with a little chipmunk, and watch it for a while. Ximena and Malakai are drawn in by the power of a snake, and they stare at it with big eyes.

"Whoa...," Malakai breathes.
"Tell me about it," Ximena replies. "I think I'm gonna go touch it.."
"Nu uh uh! No touching poisonous snakes that could kill you!" I stop Ximena just in time. They weren't going near those snakes again.
Hard to believe such a small thing could be dangerous.
Aimee, my daughter, is actually the one managing the register, making it less awkward for me to ask some questions.

"Do you only keep on small animals? Like these birds and reptiles?"

"No, not at all. We have some dogs here at the back, only one I'm afraid, and two foals. The pets are all being whisked away so quickly. There's not a cat left at all!"

"No kitties? What a shame...," Dwayne sighs. I give him a mystified look and decide to browse further.
There's this Yellow-Naped Amazon that keeps giving me a stare, and I can't help but tickle it under it's chin. In reply, I get bitten on my finger.

"OWWW!" I screech, pulling my finger away for examination. Still, I find the bird cute.
...I find him so cute that I decide to take him back home with me. Meet Mango!
Dusk starts to fall and the kids are all still playing outside. An extremely annoying jingle is blaring from a car, that just happens to stop outside our house.

"A ice cream truck! I'm so gonna get me some ice cream," Ximena rushes off, and buys herself a rainbow coloured popsicle.

"Just watch out for the brain freeze," Zoey warns.
Furthermore, we adopted a little chipmunk named Cheerio.
And Dwayne, being charming as always, bullied me into adopting the last remaining dog the pet shop had. It turns out to be a Yorkshire Terrier, no more than a year old, and a female. I'm thankful for Dwayne, as I fall in love with this beautiful little thing.
The yorkie easily finds herself relaxed in her new bed, and passes out snoring in just a few minutes. Looking at how cute she is makes me think back to what Chad once said to me, and what he called me because he thought I was cute.

"From this day forth, you will be known as Chica," I whisper, scratch her behind the ear and go downstairs to where Dwayne is still waiting.

I don't even get to start talking when Dwayne suddenly whips out a small package behind his back.

"For you," he states.

"Eh, thanks?" I mumble, and start pulling the strings off the package. In it is a small red dog collar, and a big shaped-heart in the middle.

"Technically, for the dog, or some other pet, but the idea still counts," Dwayne shrugs.

Maybe it's the flurry of emotions I've been having the past week, or maybe it's just that I've started to adore Dwayne, but I do feel deeply touched by his gesture.
Placing the gift on the desk, I take his hands in mine, and look him straight in the eyes.

"Thank you. Not only for the little collar, but for taking me and the kids out, to the pet shop. I needed that. It was...nice. It felt nice."
Dwayne smiles his golden smile, but unfortunately the moment is ruined when he starts hiccuping.

"Oops, sorry," he mumbles, covering his mouth.

I take away his hand and plant a solid kiss on his lips. His face expression afterwards is all I need to crack up with laughter.

"Now, I have some business to attend to, so if you don't mind going now..."

After Dwayne leaves the house, still flabbergasted the poor man, I call Christopher Steel over, arranging a meeting at the hospital the next morning for a IVF. For all the man's looks, he still has a hard time finding the right woman for him, so I'm going to help him "carry on his bloodline".

Out of all the kids, Elena is the one most attached to Chica. She periodically cheers out "Doggy!" if she doesn't see the puppy running around near her. And Chica is just the same - when Elena isn't in her crib, she's following the bouncing toddler all around the room.
Another alternative would be that she's busying herself with chew toys!
Chica yearns to go outside and explore the wild, so I take all of the toddlers and my doggie out to the beach. I teach Bonnie some easy starting words, while Chica guards the rest of the tots.
While I try to get a nap in between doing housework, Chica is right there beside me, sneaking up on me. I peek out behind one eyelid and see her  wiggling her hind legs: she's ready to POUNCE on me.

"Chica, don't you even dare jumping on me...," I say in a deep tone, which scares her off. For the moment.
I can't stay fake mad at this beauty for long, she's just too cute for her own good. Scratching her belly makes that dog go crazy, and she makes the oddest sounds.
Mango and Cheerio have received the same amount of loving from the quadruplets. Zoey and Tamika are in their room letting the chipmunk out for some exercise, while Ximena and Malakai are playing games in front of Mango, hoping he'll join them, or say something funny.

Without even asking, Chica jogged into the house with the newspaper in her mouth. 

"What a good girl you are! Here's a treat for you, my darling!" I take the paper from Chica, then pet her on the head. 
Halloween is just around the corner, and while I'm not officially gonna throw any kind of party, I do let the kids go out for some pre-Halloween parties, and the REAL parties are gonna be a bit crazier than they're used to.

Ximena dresses up as a fairy, Zoey as a princess, Tamika as a pirate, and Malakai as some kind of peasant from the noble ages.
The party is at the park, and I drive them there, greeted by lights and jack-o-lanterns that decorates every inch of the park.

"Okay... I'll pick you guys up at nine, if that's alright." They hop out the car and rush to greet their friends, while I'm still amazed at all the deco.
At nine thirty, the kids are all back and talking about the amazing party plus all the candy they got. Not to long after this, my water breaks, and I get ready to bring the new additons into the world.
Zane Rose
Baby #82
Jackson Rose
Baby #83
Kellen Rose
Baby #84
Being up bright and early the next morning definitely has some plus sides. There are different stories running on the TV! I dress in a sporty op and shorts, planning to go out for a jog. The phone rings, and I'm just too late to get it. Luckily the person left a message.

"I have a surprise for you! I'll drop by later this morning, so be prepared."

Unmistakably, it's Dwayne's voice. What kind of a surprise does he have up his sleeve?

~♥~

Yes, the sad news is I'm probably not going to bring out a Halloween post like I wanted to. *shrewd eyes*

SO, how is everybody enjoying PETS (if you have it)? I am loving it so far, had some troubles but got it sorted out. I hope you like the new additions to the Rose household. :)

PS: I forgot to mention that I redecorated some of the house (mostly the kitchen), as some of the furniture was messed up due to Pets.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, so pretty please, make my day and leave a comment. I really do appreciate them!

Ciao!

xD

11 comments:

  1. LOVED THE POST!! Cheerio is adorable :) LOVE the name you picked for the bird :P Mango. too cute!! :) AND CHICA!! ADORABLE :)

    P.S. I am LOVING pets!! Still trying to get one of my random families to get that darn unicorn to join… meh. someday. :)

    Looking forward to the surprise!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT POST! Love your animals.

    Dwayne is so sweet taking you out and getting you some pets!

    All of your kiddo's are super cute xD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your various pets. And what Dwayne did with you all is so cute. As are the little ones. Just thinking as you gave birth, you lost 1 set of triplets, only to gain another!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @CatherineBelll: Thanks! I agree, Mango is a cute name, and it totally fits that bird (it's CRAZY, jeepers!).

    I tried to find a unicorn a couple of times... I feel your pain. It's frustrating finding them!

    @spongebob: Aw, thank you! So, will we be seeing some pets for Liana? :) Yes, Dwayne seems to becoming a sweet guy, huh?

    @Skye Everard: Thanks, I'm glad you like them! I was thinking it may be too much, but I love all the pets too much. <3 Isn't it nice how things work out? Haha, I plan triplets because I never know when I'll get to play Sims, so I need to move the challenge along a bit faster.

    Thanks for all the comments so far, totally cheered up my day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I just got all caught up on your challenge! I LOVE the new pets you added...it makes me sad I hurried and finished before Pets came out. I also love the vampire story line right now...I'm a big ole' fan of The Vampire Diaries too...sooo...just wanted to say how awesome your blog is as always, but especially lately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so you know I love PETS! And so far it hasn't messed up my game. I keep hearing all of these horror stories and it's making my hair stand up on end. Every time I play I just hope and pray that it will work, and it does! So far....

    Okay, so on to the usual comment. XD

    Those white haired triplets are to the death of me. Again, you're so lucky that they got their father's hair!!!! I'm extremely jealous.

    It was so cute how Ryan taught Jeremy how to play the piano. Cutest scene ever! Besides the pets of course! Have I mentioned them yet?

    I love how you named the new puppy Chica (it's too bad that there weren't any kitties though). I love the pictures where Chica is trying to pounce (do dogs pounce?) on Destiny.

    Also, like I always say Dwayne is so sweet. She really is lucky to have him. :) I wonder what his surprise could be? And, who could have killed Mimi??? It still puzzles me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the post! Chica is adorable and I can say the same for Cheerio and Mango! Hoping to get pets tonight so i can get a new post out. Idk if i'll be able to get out a halloween post either :( anyways, glad your enjoying pets! The new babies are cutie pies as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMB I loooooove Pets! And Chicha is SO cute!! :D maybe even cuter than Buttercup :)
    Anywho, I like Dwayne, he's cute and he's nice and he seems very lovable <3
    Can't wait for the next update!! I can't believe ur in the 80's!! Ahhh!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Cassie: Now it's up to me to catch up on YOUR challenge. You've been pumping out posts so quick lately! :) YAY, another TVD fan! Can't believe I haven't watched last night's episode yet... Have to download it. And thanks!

    @Catlover: Good to hear! Yeah, people have been scaring me too with these stories.. The worst I had was that the game crashed a couple of times, but that was due to a mod.

    I'm glad my luck is changing with the kids' features. There are too many clones of Destiny around town.

    I actually got that idea from you. ;) From the scene where Marseille played chess with Luke. So I just used different props.

    Dogs don't pounce *at least not on the beds), but it just happened to look that way, and I couldn't resist taking that shot. Chica just looked too cute!

    That puzzle will be revealed...sometime or another! :D I actually didn't want to be doom and gloom this post, but more positive, seeing as I couldn't resist adding pets to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Violet Chrysler: Looking forward to it, and the new little pets! For Halloween, if you do decide to do a post, remember to get lots of decorations! I didn't get so much, so that's my downfall, and one of the reasons I'm not going through with it.

    @Trufflelegacy: Of course, Buttercup! I LOVE that doggy, she's too cute. I just have to go leave a comment there.. So glad you love Dwayne. I'm pretty scared people might think he's irritating... O.o

    Thanks again everyone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love it keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete