Tuesday 18 October 2011

Disturbing Behavior: Babies 79, 80 & 81

Thanks, ELMSims3, for the Sun Dress with Necklace for Teens! Glad I could help with the name of your cute puppy for Sims 3. :)

The Painter Legacy, where the adorable doggy, henceforth to be known as "Missy", will appear, can be found here.

"Dear diary. 12 October, 2011 It's all over the news. It's easy to spot, when you know what to look for. Of course, no one's been smart enough to realize what it truly is. Animal attacks. But that can't be, some people say. No wild animal has ever set foot in Sunset Valley. What they don't know, is that those aren't your typical animals. Those are vampire attacks."
"I never can get a little time of peace, between checking on the babies, and worrying about Chad. And when I do fall asleep for a few minutes..."
"...I see myself. As a vampire. Killing another person, in my own home. That picture horrifies me the entire day, and the entire night when I roll around on my bed restlessly."
At the dinner table, where we're all trying out my new recipe for Baked Angel Food Cake, Ryan keeps bringing up interesting topics towards his brother. These topics included history, school, nature, physics, the full monte. Too bad for Raylan that his brother, Reuben, decided to sit outside (being the loner that he is) and could not help him in any way.

"Wud ya 'eave me alo'?" Raylan splutters around the food in his mouth.
As Raylan leaves the table, Ryan moves on to spam me with questions.

"So mom, did you watch the news lately? About all those animal attacks here in Sunset Valley? They say we shouldn't go out in the dark anymore, us kids. Our teachers say those big animals are gonna hunt us down and chew on our limbs!"
I begin to cough endlessly as a piece of food lodges itself in my windpipe. Not because of what his teachers said to him, but the fact that he brought up the case of the animal attacks. A subject that haunts me at night.

"Oh, hush. Don't listen to your teachers, they talk nonsense," I say after calming sufficiently. "But they are right about one thing: it's not safe in the dark lately. So no playing outside after six."




Boys will be boys. When you tell them not to do something, they have to go and do it. My foot doesn't even touch the staircase, when all the triplets run to the door. Rolling my eyes, I walk closer, ready to pounce if one of them even ventures outside.

"This... Is the most horrible day ever. How could I NOT go outside? Now I have to sit next to you losers who can't stop talking," Reuben complains.

"For a neurotic ass loner, you're pretty cocky all of a sudden," Raylan bites back. He's had a major attitude change in the past few days.

A boy's ego can only take so much. Before I can yell "Don't!", Reuben rushes out the door. Ryan's screams of fear fill the room, having us all clutching our ears. Two seconds later, Reuben comes running back in.

"No way, jose! It's so creepy..and dark outside...," Reuben whimpers.

"What if... What if something comes haunting me, in my dreams? A faceless creature, only after the skin on my bones..."

"Reuben, nothing like that exists. You've been watching waaaaay to many gory films. If worse comes to worse, you can crash on my bed while I take the couch, okay?," I soothe Reuben, or at least try to.

As Reuben and the rest of the boys tuck themselves in and go to bed, I get the toddlers ready for their birthdays.

Malakai is the one of the quadruplets that looks the least like his father, and inherited almost all my features, right down the brown and red hair.

Now the girls... They're all crazy! It's hard to get them to sit still for one minute.  Tamika is a little more reserved than the others, Zoey is the one that loves making noises, and Ximena is interested in everything around her. They all have their father's hair color, but Zoey and Tami have my blue eyes, whereas Ximena has quite random light purple eyes.

As soon as the sun comes up, the boys head off outside to play Cops And Robbers.

"Reuben, Raylan is getting away! Get out behind there from the fridge and he-eeee-lp!" Ryan shouts at his fellow brother, who was hiding from them.

"Hey, don't give away my position! I wanted to ambush him!"

As Raylan was getting away with the his imaginary loot, Ryan was forced to "shoot" his brother.

"Got'cha. No one gets away from Captain Ryan Rose," Ryan grinned while his brother shoots him an angry glare.

It's hard to resist not joining in with the boys' craziness, so as they're off doing crap-knows-what, I whip out the camera and start taking pictures.

"Watch out, Raylan! Your gonna bump into that tree if you keep spinning like that," I call out.

"I'm a airplane, I gotta fly like that. hey, mom, snap some pics of me flying!"

And while the R triplets and I were having fun taking pictures, the quadruplets were having their own tea party, having a blast playing with their toys.

Seeing as I'm back on the IVF procedure bandwagon, I hunt around till I find someone with interesting genetics. Finally, the staff at the hospital recommends me to a guy named Cerulean Parfait. The name pulls me in and I'm off to the hospital to get pregnant.

It's been a while since I've seen my parents or any other family members for that fact, so my next stop is at our old family house. As I walk up the stony walkway, Carmen comes out to greet me - looking VERY different.

"What's up with the new hair.. Not to mention then tan you've got?"

"I was getting sick of it, it's that simple. Black hair and pale skin is just not for me," Carmen answers.

"Uh huh, and I'm supposed to believe that?" I hint.

"Ugh, you're a drag, you know that. I DID do it because I'm sick of my look, but I also did it in celebration... I'm engaged!"

Carmen introduces me to Antonio Thompson, Carmen's boyfriend and new fiance.

"So you're the guy my sister changed for, huh?" I ask, eyes shrewd.

"I did protest against it, but after seeing her like this, so happy and cheerful, I've accepted it." Antonio has a bit of a strange accent to his voice, almost a mixture of British and something else, which has me almost laughing. Carmen gives me an elbow jab, and I say my goodbyes and quickly get out of there.

From left to right:
Reuben, Ryan and Raylan

With Halloween just around the corner, Reuben and I have been gathering decorations from every shop in town that is selling something spooky. A hour and a half later we have parts of the entrance to the house decorated with things like crows and pumpkins. It still needs some polishing, but at least we're getting into the Halloween groove.

An added bonus nobody told us about: the big mushroom gives off some light and sparkling effects, which is sure to attract the attention from bystanders.

The next morning

Just before school starts for the boys, Ryan goes to spend time with the toddlers, helping them when they start to stumble while walking. Zoey and Ximena have just started trying out their first few steps, while Tamika and Malakai are far from trying to do the same.

First day into the pregnancy and my back is killing me. I can only pray that it's twins or triplets, and not something that's wrong with me physically.

The quadruplets are not an easy bunch to please by my self, so we go to the beach for some quiet time and I watch just how cute they can act, until... My phone rings.

"Hey, Destiny, Dwayne here. But of course, you already know that!" a chuckling voice comes through the phone.

"No, I didn't. Your not assigned on my contacts list." I imagine how shocked and frustrated he must be with me at this point. I hate playing his little games at times. "So why the call?"

"Thought I'd let you know... I mean, I thought I'd ask if I could come over? Like, now?"

Fives minutes later, Dwayne shows up at my doorstep, waving through the door, with a silly grin on his face.

"God, this man can't be normal," I mutter in an extremely frustrated tone. If only he could hear me through the door.

Dwayne hardly lets me do anything in the house by myself. I excuse myself to go work in the garden for a minute or two, and he just trots on behind me.

"Hey, do you want to go catch a movie or something.. I hear there are some comedies that girls would like," Dwayne suggests.

"Why are you the one that keeps suggesting things? Just so you know, you invited yourself over here, not me. So I think we should let me choose where we should go."

Dwayne walks off mumbling, but does let me decide where we could go and have some fun.

"The art gallery? Seriously?" he asks when we arrive, disappointment in his voice.

"Yup. I'm an artist, and I haven't been here since it's revamp... So excuse me while I appreciate what they have, okay."

"Excuse me if I wanna have some fun too..." Dwayne swerves around and grabs me, pulling me so close I can feel each breath he takes.

"Dwayne, this is a public place!" I protest. "We're not together together or anything, even. I don't even know if I could call you a friend because of all your tricks. So don't you even dare kiss me."

"Fine, fine, have it your way then..." Dwayne walks off yet again to "check out" the art. He truly confuses me. One moment he wouldn't talk to me, the next he's telling me his family history, and the next moment after that, he's in my face and kissing me...

Days pass extremely quickly, and I find it hard to manoeuvre myself around the stairs and doors with the big baby bump I'm carrying around. The boys have learned to give me a huge berth when walking in my direction.

While I'm waddling to the kitchen, I spot a old picture of me and Chad together, and brings back fond memories, as well as a hint of sadness.

"Sorry Chad, but the past is the past...," I mutter and slam the picture down.

The boring wait is over. Contractions kick in as I'm on my way for a nap. Being overtired and emotional, this labor may be the worst I could experience ever.

Jeremy Rose

Bonnie Rose

Elena Rose

(For those wondering, I'm totally hooked on watching The Vampire Diaries, so I got the names from there!)

The first rays of sunlight poke through the blinds, and with that I decide that I'm finally going to have that nap I've been dying to have for the last few hours.

Right as I've got my behind on the soft bed, screams erupt, and it's not from the nursery.

Rushing off to the balcony, I see people rushing off towards the beach, having spotted someone lying there.


I do what normal human beings always do: go and investigate what's going on because of my curiosity. Tiredness forgotten, I jog all the way to the beach.

Whispers erupt in a matter of seconds. People claw at their phones, calling 911, or those who are crazy enough take pictures. I stand in shock, thinking that the person that is lying there, battered and bruised, really looks familiar...

"Oh, crap. Mimi?!?" I yell.
"Wait, you know this person?" someone else responds.
"YES. She's an old school friend. She lives in Bridgeport now, she's a model... Why is she here?"

I scramble to my knees, and take Mimi's head in my arms, checking for a pulse at her neck. There is none. Next to my fingers is a dotted circle, that in the form of teeth.

"She's...gone... Dead." 

~♥~

Okay. I'm horrible. For one, I can't even get a decent post out! *ashamed* Soooo sorry I hardly explored the kids in this one, and another sorry that I focused a lot on Destiny. (And another sorry to those sensitive readers who're opposed to crude language, I'll warn ya next time) When I'm 100% healthy again, things will improve, I swear!

To anyone who noticed the wardrobe swap between the scene where's she at the beach and the scene back at the house with Dwayne.. My game's been crashing a lot and I changed her into the wrong clothes.

Just something I forgot to mention.. I've started using the Portraitpanel mod alongside Mastercontroller, so that is why I have more people in the house.

AND PETS IS OUT, OMG! Sadly, I'm only getting it Friday or during the weekend, but I'm definitely planning on getting the Rose household a furry friend.

Ciao!

:)


10 comments:

  1. HOW COULD MIMI DIE!!!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!
    I'm so sad right now. :0

    I'm so excited for pets, I have two days off of school this week so I just have to survive one more day of school until a four day weekend where I'll be trying to play sims non-stop, assuming I've got my homework done. :)

    Are you going to create a poll to name the new addition to the Rose family like ELMSims3 did? Btw, congrats on naming Missy, what an honor!

    I'm very happy you were able to get this post out, are you feeling better?

    Haha, I use portrait panel too as well as master controller, it definitely speeds up the challenge since I can make Calista had multiples this way and that. It's AWESOME!

    I totally love all of your children 110%, especially the triplets!

    I also don't mind that you didn't focus on the kids as much because sometimes it can make it more interesting to read about other things. Plus, it can get hard to think of new ideas if you're just focusing on the kids. Other things definitely make it much more fun to read.

    I can't wait for your next post! I want to see how the thing with Dwayne will work out.

    Bye!
    ~Catlover800

    PS: Wow, I just realized this is a REALLY long comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this isn't creepy or anything but I just went through ALL of your posts to read the comments and I hadn't realized how many comments I had written!!!

    Also, I probably spammed your stat counts!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH! I ADORED THIS :D!! :) :) Im rather glad that you focused on destiny, and kinda created a different story for this post - it made me really interested :D as for the vampire diaries… LOVE IT! :D Just discovered the show a couple weeks ago, watched ALL the episodes online and am IMpatiently waiting for thursday's new episode >.< my last two boys were named from the show too :) wheee!!! Your getting so close :D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH I just tried to comment on Catlover's challenge and IT WORKED!! So yes, I shall comment now :) :)
    I love this chapter, what's up with Dwayne? He's a wierdo...I wish Chad would come back...
    It seems I'm always rooting for the under-dogs :) Chad and Simon (on Catlover's). The kids are soooo cute!! Can't wait for the next update!!
    *crosses fingers and pressed Post Comment, hoping it will work*

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cat: She was in the wrong place at the wrong time. :(

    Ooh, nice for you! I myself had two days off of school (sick). Time off really gives you a chance to try out the new features of Pets, so have fun while you can!

    I *might*, and that's a huge might, seeing as I had my own names I wanted for any pets... But seeing as I may be getting more than one pet, I think I should.

    Me, I'm at home feeling tired and moving like a zombie still, a coughing zombie at that, yet tomorrow I'm going back to school. My life is so gonna suck.

    I'm so happy that you didn't mind the overuse of Destiny in the post, because I keep having an urge to write differently (I'm a dramatic writer, drama, suspense and all of that is my thing) and I really wanna incorporate that in my blog, even if it's just a baby challenge!

    Oh yes, Dwayne. I think I can say for certain he'll appear again.. xD

    PS: Don't worry, this response is LONG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat(second comment): I check the comments over and over again on other sites and blogs all the time. Usually if there's something funny or memorable (or if I forgot what people wrote), I go reread some things.

    I LOVE that you comment so much! Your like one of the people who's comments I always look out for. xD

    Yes, I think you might have! Explains the amount of page views I get... O.O

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Catherine: THANK YOUUUU! Super glad that you like it and don't totally hate me for it. xD

    VAMPIRE DIARIES FTW! I can't almost live without it, there's so many surprises and suspense there. And OMG I didn't notice the you named them after TVD characters.. How could I miss that?

    So close, yet so far from 100 babies. :( But YOU'RE done, so that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @trufflelegacy: YAY, you're back! <3

    Dwayne is definitely a weirdo... And Chad.. You may wanna go check back a few posts. O_O Chad's had a bit of a transformation, and not for the better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Destiny i know...but still....she misses him....

    ReplyDelete
  10. @truffle: I just showed my sister the last part of the post, and she went all "She needs to let him go, seriously!" on me.

    Maybe it would be a good idea for Dessie to let go... Well, everything is still a work in progress, so even I don't know how everything will work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete