Monday 6 June 2011

The wedding and the funeral - Babies 39 and 40

Oh Ariel, sweet, Ariel.. What has happened to you?

28th of May, 2011. That was the date of this awful day. Going from happiness to complete and utter devastation is not an easy transaction. 

I covered my face in horror the entire time in the hospital, wishing that the image before me was somehow not real.

News was that she was hit by a car, and in serious condition. Her head had taken an impact when she hit the pavement, a few ribs were broken, and an array of bruises decorated her face.

There was a police investigation going on about this accident. No witnesses, and no car that could have caused this, so they had no leads at all. A hit and run would have been the term of what this was, if they could actually be sure that this was a car accident.

I had a strange feeling in my stomach, that this had been no accident. Someone deliberately ran her over.

But who?
Doctor Aaron Blue stepped into the room, with absolutely no confidence on his face. I prayed that he wouldn't be the bearer of bad news.
"Miss Rose," he started. "First off, I'm sorry to have woken you and your family up so late with this news, and I'm sorry to have to be the one that did it. But it's best that someone visit her now."

That line bothered me.

Destiny - What do you mean..visit her now...? Is she...?
Dr. Blue - Ariel is badly injured, currently in a coma. Were taking her to ICU. I know you don't want to hear this, but it's not a known fact that she will survive. So it's good that you have had this visit... Just in case.

In case what, she dies? Nice way of trying to cover it up, doctor, I thought.

Dr. Blue advised that it'd be best if I return home and be with my family, and that I should remain positive about this. 

I had taken all of the kids with me to the hospital, including the babies. So the trip back home was quiet, surprisingly.

"Will she make it, mum?" Kinsleigh asked me, a frown on her face.
"I don't know, honey. We can only hope and pray," I answered. 

Magnum was ecstatic to be home again, as he mumbled in a adorable toddler tone that the smell "burns his nose".
Alright, depressive mood aside, the triplets were aging up.
Aimee had grown up with a beautiful set of full lips, distinguishing her from her sisters. She was the professional, obviously shown by her choice of clothing. I can already tell, she'll take the world of politics by storm.
From fashionista, to tomboy, that's Kinsleigh. Her long hair was chopped off and cropped neatly around her face, and hardly any make-up was applied to her face.
Lanica is a riot. She loves high school, for only one reason; being able to date guys. I do have concern for her report card when she graduates.
Aimee was playing away at the piano, a talent she had (hopefully) inherited from me, as I love any type of instrument that makes a melodious sound.
Lanica approached me as I was teaching Malik to talk.

Lanica - Uhh, mom.. I have a favor to ask.
Destiny - Sure, what's up?
Lanica - I actually wanna know... If I could go out tonight. A guy asked me out, and he's SUPER cute. Please, I really want to go.
Destiny - ...Alright. But NO alcohol, and definitely, NOTHING further than a kiss goodbye, and you'll be back at midnight, comprendo?
Lanica - YES! Thanks, mom!


"Hey baby, you finally came. I thought you were going to ditch me tonight.."

"Nope. I'm here. Just struggled to get a taxi," Lanica answered her current boyfriend, Wies Raider. 

He was a party animal, and that was one thing I didn't know; they were going to a party that night, and one of her friends' house. And yes, there WAS DEFINITELY going to be alcohol.
"Aimee, you noble girl!" Lanica shout-whispered when she got back home. It was already 1:12 AM (I didn't notice as I was still up teaching the tots skills... Bad mum? Yeah). She was REALLY late and worried that I would freak out and yell at her. Not just because she was late, but because of her other secret.

"Aimee, does my breath smell bad...?" she asked.
"Uhm, yeah, it does. Like... Like cocktail.. or maybe beer.. Crap, man, Lanica, you went out partying didn't you!" Aimee's loud voice was masked by the piano's music, which kept anyone else from hearing this.

"Fine, fine, I did. But come on, I just wanted to have fun. Now, act as if you didn't talk to me at all and that I was home before midnight ever came. And DON'T Tell mom about the partying, PLEASE."

Aimee's feelings were conflicted, to say the least. She loved her sister to the ends of the earth, but Aimee was mature, an honest being. She couldn't keep a secret like this when she knew Lanica had been wrong, and that I had to know.

So as I was finishing up and placing the boys in bed, Aimee came to me.
"Mom, I'm really sorry to say this, but, there's something you should know..."

She went on explaining how Lanica came in late, how she asked her about her breath and that she admitted to partying.

Expression says it all. I am NOT in the least bit happy.
I found my teen daughter hiding away in the spare room we had in our home, a nervous smile on her face as she noticed me entering the room ominously.

Lanica - Look, mom, whatever Ai-
Destiny - No, no, no, no, Nica. This was your doing. Aimee didn't lie, I can tell, mainly because you do smell like you came from a party.
Lanica - Mom, you need to understand.. Wies would have dumped me if I didn't go. Or at least he would have found a new girlfriend sooner.
Destiny - Nica, sometimes it only takes a leap of faith. You could have told me abut the party, and you could have had faith in me that I would answer in your favor. AND you could also have some faith in that boyfriend of yours. Maybe he wouldn't have dumped you. Don't judge people to soon, sweetie.

Extremely hard as it is, I tried not to be too mad at Lanica. But it didn't work out. She was grounded for two weeks. And in that time, she would read books that taught valuable lessons about love.


I was in front of the mirror that morning, like always, when I realized I had to change. Like seasons, I change, and I love it. But I realized that these moods of mine to change comes when something bad has happened, in this case, what has happened to Ariel.

So, my hair got shorter, but I also dyed it brown, retaining a bit of the red of my previous hair color. So I was sporting brown-pink hair. Great.



My two cutie pies! Amber (top picture) and Hailey (bottom picture) both inherited their father's interesting blue-brown hair color. Amber has random purple eyes, strangely, as none of my family has that, and I have no clue about Zack's.

They are both two gurgling bundles of joy, no doubt. The twins are best of friends, and LOVE playing blocks. That is unless their brothers play with them. Then it's war.

Teaching Amber to walk. Look how nervous she is!

I wept for the loss of some of my plants that died that day. Oh the calamity.
Kinsleigh helped me again that evening with teaching the toddlers. This is how Hailey took her first very steps!
Here we have Magnum. Handsome much?
Mag (his nickname) is a favorite among the twin toddlers, and enjoys playing and entertaining them. IF they allow him, of course. Many times before he has been chased away from the toy box.

He is confident, and sport orientated. Supposedly a big extrovert, but that's another story.
And then there's Malik. Academic orientated, Malik loves being outdoors, but he can't deny being a genius - he spends a great deal in front of the computer, and always helps me try and fix things around the house. 

Destiny - Malik, have you figured out what's wrong with the PC yet?
Malik - Not yet. She computer just keeps restarting everytime I load Documents. Virus or trojans perhaps. Or just a bug in the programming. What type of browser do you use, ma?
Destiny - Browsa-what?
Malik - (sighs) Okay. I'll explain from the beginning..
There was a power outage that night throughout the whole of Sunset Valley. There never used to be a power shortage, so this surprise brought on various reactions. 

We survived this evening by using the bath candles I had in the cupboard. Never knew scented candles could actually help us in the house.
Just before the power failure, Aimee and I were sipping away at some coffee. Yeah, drinking coffee at night. That was how crazy our family was. Don't worry, it's decaf.

Aimee - Mom, do you think my dream of going to France would one day come true? I heard there are some wonderful music and art classes over there.
Destiny - Definitely. If you save up some money now, and later when you have a job, you can totally rock your dream.
In the dark, Magnum was the twins' guardian at the block table, to prevent anything "creepy" crawling over them. 
With the power back on the next morning, Kinsleigh got back to working on inventing. I do worry a lot that one day something might blow up and she'll get singed..
Aimee invited me to sit next to her as she played the piano, her fingers moving quickly over the white blocks.

Destiny - Honey, you really WEREN't joking when you told me you were good. This is fantastic!
Aimee - Thanks. Still think my dream of going to France is crazy?

Destiny - Nope, and I never did!
Birthday time for the triplets!


My three beautiful girls (in order of appearance), Lanica, Kinsleigh and Aimee.
They all have different dreams they want to pursue.

Lanica...is Lanica. She's going to be a future fashion designer, like many of my daughters. They should open a shop together, I figure.

Kinsleigh has turned into a fit young lady, already having applied at the gymnasium to be a superstar athlete at the next few competitions.

And Aimee will be studying the Arts, and later proceed to further herself in France!
With the now vacant space in the house, it was time to start thinking of the challenge again.

Meet Juan Detroit, the next father in my challenge.
^_^
Picture says it all.
Oh yes, good news. Lanica's boyfriend from teen-hood seemed very in love with her, never being able to leave her side. So, Wies took her to a small park and proposed under the moonlight. Romantic? Yes!
So, on this Saturday morning, I was the adult who had to do most of the comforting...

Lanica - MOM! I look RIDICULOUS in this dress! Look how fat I am - Wies is going to dump me at the alter, I'm sure of-

Destiny - No, no, no. Don't think that. You are the most gorgeous bride in the history ever, apart from Kate Middleton on her wedding day. Wies would be stupid to dump you, and I'll make sure he gets it (cracks knuckles).

Lanica - (sarcastic) Mom, that makes me feel so much better, thanks. Kate Middleton? Still hopped on that?

Destiny - You know what I mean!
My future son in law is cute, isn't he?

The church where Wies and Lanica would be getting married.
(Thanks to Von Asch creations for this Bluewater Church. It's fantastic, and the first time I can actually use it!)
Someone was already bored with this ceremony...
This was to be a private wedding, so there wasn't going to be a priest or anything. Only people invited: my household. Funny that they kept it so small.

With their vows spoken and tears flowing from my eyes, they were officially married, and Lanica was now "Mr's Lanica Raider".

~*Wedding Pictures*~


Mother and daughter
Wedding couple, including mom.



Lanica and Wies

~May you live forever in happiness~

Oh, of course, last picture of me.
The girls were really tired of this show, and Hailey found some entertainment in picking her nose.

Keeping everyone outside was very hard to do when we got back from the wedding, as everyone wanted to go inside to watch Spongebob Squarepants.

The promise of having ice-cream later changed their tune instantly.

So why did I want everyone outside? Some fresh air and family time never did anyone harm.
Magnum was encouraging Malik to do sport after school, so they practiced throwing the baseball to each other.
Hailey loves Mr. Bunny, and takes him everywhere.

I taught Amber bit more about butterflies as three or four butter-beauties surrounded us.

Destiny - Amber, can you say 'butterfly'?
Amber - Bwatta wa?
Destiny - No, bwatta.. I mean, butter. Then fly.
Amber - Bwatta fwy? Butta fly?
Destiny - (smiles) Genius, pure genius for a toddler!


Although Amber could be seen as a toddler genius, she wasn't smart enough to heed anyone's warning about not running towards the big scary pool of blue jelly. When translated to adult speech, that would be the swimming pool.

Amber almost tumbled over the edge had I not sacrificed my high heel shoes and run after.

"Naughty Amber, very naughty," I laughed at her.

Yeah, Hailey thinks her sister is weird in some situations.
Magnum, the sport star, was a very unhappy person to be around currently.
He needed glasses, or so the doctors told us. A temporary arrangement, but this would cost him his place in the junior cricket team.

And what's more, Magnum is stubborn. He hates the way glasses make him look.
So I went out on a limb and got myself a pair of look-through glasses, to make him feel more comfortable, and to get him used to the idea.
Apparently it worked. Even though he didn't like wearing them, Mag relented as it's best for his health. Already there's improvement to how he reads.
Magnum and Malik love reading to their little sisters. They really are a joy around the house, these boys.
Some say the wheel will keep turning in life. And where there's happiness, there's also sadness that accompanies it.

News came the next day that Dora Rose, my granddaughter, died. From what, I have yet to hear. I was already torn by Ariel's situation (even though I'm hiding it), now there is even more loss. My heart aches for Abigail (baby #13), as it was her daughter.

To add to that stack of cards, Leighton Sekemoto also passed away. Leighton was actually Kate's (baby #15) boyfriend. I wonder how she would handle this.



~Here I got Sims 3: Generations. So I made some upgrades to the backyard (some fun activities), and to the girl's room (bunk beds and a play chest with costumes)~


-Back to me, currently in labor-


Shane Rose
(Thanks to one of my real life guy friends. :D)


Isabella Rose
(Thanks to izzi654! I named her after you - and I really love the name :D)

The boys aged up later to teenagers.

Magnum (left) and Malik (right) are twins, but do they look the part?
:)

The hospital called soon after the twins' birth. They had some news about Ariel. She was no longer in "the danger zone", so hopefully most of the horror was past. They actually said she had woken up twice before!

I called the babysitter, then hurried to the hospital.
In a different room than before, but still with the same boring wallpaper against the wall, I settled in on a uncomfortable sofa, an anxious feeling in my stomach.
"Sweetie... Are you awake...?" I said softly, half not expecting an answer, half begging for her to say something.
"Ayyee ugh bree..."
Ariel stirred in her hospital cot, actually sitting up, apart from her having broken ribs.
"No, no, no, sweetie, Ariel, lie back down."

Her eyes met mine, and they were confused.
"Huh...wha... Wh-who are you?" she asked me. 
That was possibly the worst thing she could have asked me.

~*~

It turned out Ariel was suffering from Post-traumatic Amnesia, which is generally caused by a head injury. It could be either transient, or permanent. She'll be going for careful treatment abroad, to a hospital better equipped for this kind of case. All I can do is hope that she will one day remember us and her childhood..

~♥~


Okay, if this post was long, I'm so sorry! Just had to clear up everything in this post.

'Right, so, why haven't I posted so much as I always do? It starts with 'E' and ends with 'XAMS'. Yes, exams. I have to study like crazy if I want a A on my report again, and juggling a blog, social life and studying is HARD! So, sorry about this. :) Also, if there's a lack of humor and more drama to this blog, I blame myself. I'm more of a serious writer than a funny one.

Thanks for reading! Totally appreciate it, and any comments, criteria, name suggestions or anything else like that would be great.



Kudos!

:)


15 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you for naming a child after me! If you haven't heard already, I'm actually having difficulties with my game (I accidentally deleted the Longbottoms!) and now I'm trying to get them back...but when (if) I do, I won't forget to name one after you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and the reason it says trufflelegacy as my name instead of izzi654, it's because while I'm waiting for my 100 baby challenge to work again, I'm trying a Rainbowcy, so check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, talk about mind blowing! Really great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wedding pictures! Did you use custom poses? Sure looks like it. *_* They look friggin beautiful, my friend!

    Oh yeah, mind naming one of your critters Illiana? I knew you once named one Liana but she had that accident.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @trufflelegacy: No problem, feel free to leave any other name suggestions you have in the future! I'm always in the need of names.

    I'll be sure to check out your Rainbowcy - Just have to find it between all my bookmarks!

    And I hope you get the Longbottoms back too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @e.creations: Thank you! I always try to impress and satisfy my readers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Illiana: Yep, custom poses. I used the Mother's Day pose pack from MyBlueBook, as it, in my opinion, is one of the best couple poses.

    I will definitely name one after you - it won't be the in the next post or the one after that as they're already done, but after that, YES!

    Thanks for all the comments. :)

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! U changed your header! How do you make one of those?? Do you use photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah, I don't have the money for Photoshop (In my country, you wouldn't believe how much it costs...)

    I used GIMP, a few of my screenshots from one of my upcoming posts, and some brushes I had installed.

    You can download GIMP free from the web, BTW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks! there's a new chapter up on my blog!! http://trufflelegacy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry i've already commented loads of times, but...is there any chance that Isabella will get blonde hair? 'cause that'd b awesome is she did! We'd like, twins! lol. the father had kinda blonde hair...that'd b cool if she did :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. *We'd BE like, twins!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool! I checked out the new post - left a comment but, as always, needed moderation. So..approve it? :)

    And I'm zipping my lips on the hair situation, heh - you'll have to wait till the next post (which is coming out this week, hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the new blog look! Also, the wedding was beautiful. Random - I've been checking out custom poses and thinking about if I should use them in my game. They certainly make a story more interesting... Great post by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Cat. I wanted to change the blog for quite awhile (no offence to anyone, but pink isn't my favorite color...). I finally got around to it for once. :D

    Custom poses is a must, I have to say. I've actually uninstalled them when I removed some CC. But still, they add great flavor and you can just do so much with them.

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete