Sunday 29 May 2011

Styling isn't for the faint of heart - Babies 37 and 38

It felt like I had to go through hours of debating just to get one point through to one of my daughters. I was on the phone with Clara this morning, and she wasn't in the greatest mood that I had woken her up on a weekend. The only time she can actually relax from her everyday job. Which was teaching.
Clara - I SWEAR mom, you really have a knack for calling people at the WRONG time. Do you know how EARLY it is?!

Destiny - 10:00 AM?

Clara - See! That's like way to early for me.

Destiny - Okay, okay, kiddo. Take a breath, and let's try again, shall we?

Clara - (taking a steadying breath) O-kay. What's up?

Destiny - I was just wanting to know what time I could come over again. It's Keli's birthday today, if I haven't forgotten. Not that you let me.

Clara - Of course, of course. I did tell you about that a lot.. Okay. How about this evening?

Destiny - Perfect.

I hung up shortly after, and ran back inside. Time to make the cakes!
There really wasn't anyone to share the baking experience with me, which is kinda sad. So, lonely me had to do all that by myself.
"Okay, little ones!" I called out that afternoon, mostly to the toddlers eating the grass... "Time to cut the cake and age up!"
Aimee - she has a knack for being very serious, but when being serious, she makes us all laugh. Funny though, that she was actually the one of the triplets to wear the most make-up. Her favorite color, of course, is blue, the same color as her eyes.
Kinsleigh - possibly the most stylish of the triplets. With her her gorgeous eyes, she can pull of any look. She, like Aimee, chose to wear a tidbit of make-up.
Lanica - she is the tomboy of the group, and I love the way she would try to pull it of in a dress. 


I could only smile, and whipped out my phone, texting "Here r sme pics of th grlz. Arnt they b-e-a-t-i-f-u-l? (:" to Hugo, including they're face pics. I hope he'd come around soon.
I finally learned what Marcus' real hair color is. A funny black and red style. 


Magnum has light gray eyes, his father's face... Well, mostly everything is from Marcus! I absolutely adore his T-shirt. and I wonder if Magnum would grow up with such a attitude later in life.
Here's Malik. If I couldn't give him the "I came first" T, I still had to give him something! So a Spongebob t-shirt would have to do.

Malik has plump cheeks, which I would pinch occasionally. A very hardy face for a tot too. He, like his bro, has his father's hair.
Infinity - He has a hard time seeing lately which worries me to the ends of the earth, but he tells me that it's nothing. Glasses would look nerdy and eye contacts would bother him.


A nerd, he definitely is not. Infinity can hurl a football farther than.. Well, I don't have an appropriate simile to describe it!
When the day was close to an end, I finally had some time open to go over to Clara's for Keli's b-day. With the babysitter taking care of my kids, I jumped in my car and drove off. To quote my kids, they said," We'll be fine, ma. Stop worrying!"


Clara greeted me at the door, shooting an awkward glance at a man standing very close to our reunion. 

"Who is that guy?" I asked her quietly.
"Paparazzi. They keep following me around, as I'm one of your daughters," she shrugged.
"Wait. I'm famous?"


From under my lashes, I sneaked a peek at this supposed paparazzi. Well, he definitely had potential to be called a stalker.


"Did you hear about that supposed space ship that fell over Yonder Hill? I can't believe they believe that there could actually be something like that!" Clara told me in hushed tones in the nursery. All I could do was giggle.


Destiny - Imagine! Space ships and aliens being real!
Clara - Oh my word! It would change everything we ever believed in! Do you think fairies would exist then too?


Ladies and gentleman, this is Keli Rose Fleming. A cutie with her father's eyes and her grandfather's hair.


The commotion of celebrating Keli's birthday of course just had to wake Catherine from her slumber. I still wonder why she lives with Clara while Corbin is also staying over. Speaking of which, where was he? I never saw him around.

Catherine - Mom, do you always wake up everyone you run into that's still sleeping?
Destiny - Apparently so. I actually have something to ask you.
Destiny - I know this might be weird to ask, but I'm at a stretch.. Do you know anyone that might be interested in participating in my challenge? Your young, so you have so many contacts. I thought I'd ask.
Catherine - Wow. Uhm... Maybe? I know some guys at the styling salon that has an odd chance of getting a girl anytime soon, so maybe they'd be interested. I'll write down an address to one that could be a possibility.

So, I went to the address Cath supplied and luckily, I caught the guy, one Zack Watson, stylist extraordinaire. Silky smooth skin, and a awesome hair cut. So how does he have trouble getting girls?

Zack - Okay, so your Destiny? Cath called me saying you might stop by.
Destiny - Yeah, sorry if I'm troubling. Just one challenge mother ready to continue her challenge.
Zack - Alrighty. Before I say yes though, can you give me a ride to my work? Just around the corner.


It was a quick jaunt to Barnaby's Salon at 100 Redwoon Pkwy. It had a lovely view to the ocean, but the ocean was the least of my worries..

Zack - Well, how would you feel like if I took you out this evening? You can get yourself styled right here.
Destiny - Really? And I could keep the clothing I choose from your racks..?
Zack - Sure. And if you concede, I'll participate in your challenge.
I didn't hold back when choosing an outfit. Technically, I was still young. Young enough to enjoy the more daring dresses. So, a fashionable one-shoulder dress, long locks held back wards and a ton of make-up was what I was going to wear.
It was a success. Zack could barely keep his hands off me.

"Wow," he had said. "You really know how to dress-up. Hot...so hot.."


~In the meantime~


Infinity and Julie took my absence as a opportunity, both aging up that night. Infinity was the mirror image of his daddy, but without the tan. He's a mature man now, but still retains a stubborn portion from his childhood.

Jules had become a sophisticated young lady. Much like I thought Kalia had been when she became a young adult. Heres to the future, hoping that Julie won't make the same mistakes as her mom!

There are many things to a night out that I fear. One, getting drunk, obviously. Two, Not getting home at midnight to take care of your kids. And the one that possibly scares me the most: being stood up by your friend or your date.

And tonight, that's what happened to me. Zack had "something" he had to do. What it was, he didn't specify. Ah well.
"So," the girls had asked me when I got back home. "How did your date go? Was he cute? Is he your boyfriend? What's up!"

"Fabulous," I replied in a terse tone. "We're planning a June wedding."

So, why didn't my evening go as planned? Was I getting to ahead of myself, expecting to much of Zack? Okay, we all know guys don't really want children when stepping into a relationship, but still. This wasn't a relationship, really.. Maybe I should have asked if he was single. I never cared to ask, crap.

"You two boys are geniuses, I tell you!" I cheered as I sat by Magnum and Malik later on. "Magnum mastering that peg box, and Malik playing away at the xylo-thingy. Maybe later I'll read you a bedtime story."

Destiny - Okay girls, bedtime!
Aimee - Mom! Five more minutes?
Kinsleigh - Yeah! The movie is just finishing up. Can we PLEASE watch the ending?
Lanica - PLEASE! It's supposed to have this AWESOME ending that explains the submarine appearing an-
Destiny - Girls, it's already 22:17. You have school tomorrow, and I've already let you stay up a few times late already. So some compromising would be appreciated. 


Kinsleigh - Are all adults like this? I know I won't handle my kids like this..
Aimee - That's what they all say. But you know, we should go along with this compromise. I mean, how many times did mom let us stay up before? Six times. Even as late as midnight. And we still had school!
Lanica - ...Are you joking or are you serious?


First thing the next morning; I made a speedy run to Zack's house to hear what his case was. House is an understatement. Mansion is more like it. The place is HUGE.

"Destiny! It's nice to meet you again! Remember me, Jasper?" a funny green man greeted me at the door. Truth be told, he did look familiar. In a fuzzy sort of way.

Destiny - No, not really. I'm sorry, do we no each other?
Jasper - Yeah.. I participated in your challenge...?
Destiny - I'm sure I would remember a challenge father.. Where did we meet?
Jasper - At that club? I'm father of baby 22.. You never did call...

Mother of mercy help me. This was the guy I could never remember, after I had gotten "drunk"/drugged by Elliott and his cronies.
Should I feel thankful, or should I give him the heel of retribution?

Destiny - Oh, my gosh, I'm so sorry that I don't remember you.. I got a little bit drunk..

I quickly manoeuvred past him and into the house.

There mister Stylist was, eating his cereal. My attention was drawn more to the girl sitting in the kitchen than to him. Girlfriend maybe? Maybe this was the reason he fled from me.

Destiny - Hello. So nice of you not to call me back. After you left without a 'goodbye' even. You know that good manners are always appreciated.
Zack - I'm sorry about that... I got nervous and..
Destiny - I see. You have a girlfriend. It's okay, I should have asked firs-
Zack - NO! I don't! That's my sister, Chloe.

In one swift motion, he was in front of me, caressing my face. 

Zack - I'm sorry. I got scared and nervous, because I was afraid I was going to screw up, like I always have in the past. My parents always thought so. Because I became a stylist, you know. But it's my dream, and nothing else suits me better than that. How would I look like in a suit, huh?
Destiny - (chuckling) I think you'd look great.
Zack - Thanks. Well, I'm sorry for leaving, and not going through with the date and everything..


"Okay, you're both cute. Can you please stop all this lovey-dovey stuff? It's almost enough to make me retch..," Zack's sister, Chloe, moaned sleepily from the bar, absently turning on BBC news. Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed?

I did what Chloe advised, and sneaked around the corner, motioning to Zack for the stairs. My feet could hardly carry me up the steps fast enough.

When Zack and I were finished with the "deed", Jasper awkwardly rapped on the door afterwards. Zack only motioned to me to ignore it.

Zack - He's a grumpy old fool, who believes in tradition and all that crap. Rather leave him fuming to himself, or you'll get a stalker soon.


I didn't know what was going on, but it seems after my visit to Zack, everything went wrong. From my cooking that tasted rather bland, to falling in heels (the most horrid fortune yet). Maybe this won't be the best pregnancy ever.

I'll be calling it "The Curse of the Stylist" for now. Maybe that's why he struggles to get girls.


Something that definitely cheered me up, was that an old school friend, Mimi, decided to stop by and pay us a visit. She wasn't really aware that I was doing the challenge yet. She lived in Bridgeport mostly, pursuing a model career. But family matters had called her back to the Sunset Valley.

(Thanks to Lanica from TSR for creating Mimi and giving me the go ahead to use her - and for your name that I used for one of the girls!)

The girls were intrigued by Mimi, which was weird yet pleasing. They were chatting over her while busy building blocks.

Kinsleigh - So, who is this person again?
Lanica - I dunno, some friend of mom.
Aimee - I believe she's a model. With her own talk show in Bridgeport. It's quite successful.
Kinsleigh - Mom knows someone famous? Oh my gosh, that's AWESOME!
Aimee - Mom is famous here in the town, FYI. She's doing a baby challenge. Duh.
Lanica - Mom is famous? You have got to be kidding me..

Mimi loved chatting to the girls about her career, and encouraged them to do it if they wanted to, even telling them she'll help them when finding an agent.

Mimi - Dee-Dee, seems life turned out all right for you, huh? You have like, what, five kids? Amazing. Where's your hubby? Is he cute? Sorry, but I really think you deserve a good guy.
Destiny - (grimacing) Uh, Mimi, there's something I need to tell you.. I'm not married. I act-
Mimi - Ohh, that's okay. Who needs guys? They distract you from your goal at times.
Destiny - Mimi, wait. Let me tell you the whole story. I'm not married.. Because I'm doing something called the 100 baby challenge. I don't have five kids. More like 36.

Mimi took the news better than expected to my surprise. She was ecstatic to know I'm doing well in the challenge, and told me she has a few numbers of guys from Bridgeport who MIGHT like to have children without too many strings.

Mimi - As long as you, my friend, are happy, I'll be happy.

Close-up of Mimi. See why she's a model and I'm not?

Another morning, another day. I got a call from Duncan (baby #2) around 9:13 AM. He had the greatest news ever. He told me about how he participated in Calista Smith's 100 baby challenge, and how it turned out to be triplets! Named Reginald, Destiny and Kimberley. To say the least, I cried with joy. Grandkids!


(Thank you again, Catlover, for using Duncan in your challenge and naming your sweet little babies after my characters. I appreciate it very much!


Find her baby challenge here)



A shower is just what the doctor ordered... That is, if you want labor to come next.



Twins!
Welcome,

Amber Rose

and

Hailey Rose

~♥~

A week later...


We were having quite the day at our house. News from the school was that Aimee had gotten onto the honor roll, and now she wanted a big celebration. A party, no. But we were going to have a barbecue outside. Aimee and Lanica were enjoying the fresh outdoors while I fried some sausages.

I almost burnt myself as my cellphone rang, and I desperately padded my pockets till I found the gray technological marvel.

The agreement with all my kids was NOT to call after nine in the evening. So getting a call now was a wee bit surprising.


"Hello?" I enquired. Silence. Then some ruffling of papers, a drop on the floor, then a voice came through the tiny speaker.

"Hello, miss Rose? This is Dr. Blue from Sacred Spleen Memorial Hospital. I know this is a odd time, but there is something very important you need to know. Your daughter, Ariel, has just been hit by a car. Were not really sure if that's the case, but from her wounds, we assumed it had to be a car."

My hand flew to my mouth. Ariel, my Ariel? Not good, not good.

"I will be there in FIVE minutes. Look after my daughter!"

The horrible image in my head proved to really exist.
What was going on?


~♥~

Hello all, and thank you for reading this installment of my 100 baby challenge. The Rose family appreciate it very much. Sorry for all these late posts, I will explain in a separate post what's up and why.

If you have anything you would like to contribute, like comments, criteria, name suggestions and more, feel free to do so.

If you have any personal information you would like to share, contact me at destiny.rose0701@yahoo.com



Thanks again, and kudos!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, great chapter! U really know how to add drama! I love it! OH, and I'll definately have a new post up today (as in, this morning).
    I know, I'm being selfish, but...I was wondering if you'd...you know...name a kid...after me? Maybe? Ok, i'm just sounding wierd now...
    How about, I'll name a child after you, Destiny.
    Great chapter! (sry for my wierdness :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'd love to name one of Destiny's kiddos after you! Makes my job of finding a cool name easier. :D

    Now it's my turn to be weird, but what IS your name?

    Should I name the baby after your challenge mother, or just Izzi?

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee is adorable!
    I am bookmarking this!


    Please check out mine!
    danielleevansbc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabella is fine, or Abigail I don't care. Thanks! I'll name one of my next kids Destiny if I have a girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100bcdannielle:

    I love your new post - I'm now following your blog too. :)

    @izzi654: Sweet. Destiny isn't pregnant yet with the next baby (game wise), so hopefully it will be a girl when she does get pregnant and give birth, so I can name her Isabella (and if their twins.. Abigail too :D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! The thing with Zach was really creative (I hope his kids get his hair color). It was cool how you incorporated Mimi into the story and I hope Ariel is okay. I really want to read more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! thanks Destiny!
    oh, and also I have a rainbowcy too so here's the link ( http://trufflelegacy.wordpress.com/2011/05/31/chapter-1/ ) if you wanna check it out (or anyone else!!)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Catlover800: Thanks! Many of what happened with Zack tended to be a accident.. >.> Next post will handle over Ariel, so stay tuned. :)

    @izzi654: Ooh, the first chapter sounds interesting all ready! Will definitely bookmark. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! What happened to Ariel? Great chapter!!! :)

    ReplyDelete