Wednesday 15 June 2011

Moments - Baby #41

We kicked started the weekend off with a stroll. Literally. I picked up Isabella and placed her in the new stroller in our house, and spun it outside for some fresh air.

Isabella seemed to appreciate it, and enjoyed the green colored scenery.

Shane was just the same, throwing his baby hands in the air, back and forth, as we traversed the sidewalk. It was a only a five minute walk, but it was great.
Amber is definitely playing the part of being the 'smarter' one in the bunch. She's a talkative person, though she does appreciate quiet time in her room. Swimming is one of her talents, and she loves spending time in the tree house outside.

Hailey is the one that can easily talk about anything that bothers her. Paranoia is a gift of hers, and for good reason. Being perceptive, she examines anything and everything.

Like her sister, she loves the outdoors, and of course, they're still best friends.

I smile as I look at my girls. They're both adorable girls.

Activity of the day: waterslides!

Amber was the first one to test out the new slide in our back yard. Talk about having courage!
Hailey - Mom, ya sure your not to old for this...? I mean, surely there's some other things adults like.
Destiny - Hailey, you aren't getting rid of me that quickly. Adults like fooling around too!

Amber and Hailey both smirked at me as I ran towards the slide, skiing on my butt. Apparently they thought I couldn't do it.
Hailey opted to show off, planning to slide on her stomach then turn it into a stunt, but it failed at lift off, and she ended up going through the water on her back.

Amber - Show off... (smirks)
Hailey - What did you say?
Amber - Uh, uh, I said... That would have been a great stunt..?
Hailey - Mo-oooo-om, Amber is jealous of me!
Amber - Oh stop being so para..para-whatever.

Shane is like a little Juan - he looks so much like his father, with the dark hair and the light eye-combo. I love cuddling Shane, but he loves cuddling his teddy bear much more than he loves hugging me. Ah well. Shane will definitely be a socializer when it comes to animals.

(Can't wait for Sims 3 Pets! - unfortunately coming out in October)
Isabella is a cutie with her luscious locks. Again, we have a mini-me. She is the who-knows-how-maniest child to have inherited most my looks, from the hair to the eyes, even down to the lips and nose. But Isabella's personality separates her from me - she's quite shy, but sweet.
Hailey had the most craziest idea that evening as she and Amber went to their bedrooms. She yanked a pillow from her bunk bed, then surprised Amber with a little dawn feathers..

Amber - (falling sideways) Oof. Oww... What was that for.. Hey! Watch it!
Hailey - Haha! I got you there, didn't I, sis? Pillow fight!
Amber wasn't letting Hailey off the hook that easily, and opted to surprise her sister as well.
This went on for a half an hour. At the very least.
Until Amber decided that she was tired and was heading off to the top of the bunk to sleep.

Silently, while climbing onto the bottom of the bed, Hailey cheered "I win, I win!" to herself.
As I was doing my rounds on checking on the kids that night, I found Malik passed out on the ground. My first thought was that something was terribly wrong, he was drugged, and that he passed out - dead. My heart pounded in my chest, but I then saw Malik's even breathing. He was safe, just tired from studying and couldn't make it to bed in time.
Both the boys had exams the next week, but where as Malik passed out, Magnum opted to drink coffee and managed to have some extra energy to study till late.
I was more or less submerged in paperwork - some were bills. Some were...complaints about my challenge. Those were more from the old "traditional like" old peeps from Sunset Valley. Some were letters of encouragement. Heck, there were even some guys asking to be in my challenge!

So while I was busy with this on Sunday morning, Hailey entertained herself by playing dressing up as a princess of some faraway fairy country.
Amber wasn't with this - the clinking of Hailey's staff woke her up.

Amber - Oh my freakin' goodness, what are you doin'?
Hailey - I am playing - dressed up as the beautiful princess of the Marelia kingdom. Our specialty is unicorns, pixies and the most prettiest flowers you have ever seen.
Amber - ...That sounds... Kinda nice. Is there another princess costume?
Hailey - You bet.

(Just a note - Marelia is actually the name of one of my kingdoms in Sims Medieval)
So Amber too, became a princess - she named her kingdom Expresso, the land of engineering and the birthplace of coffee. Needless to say, Hailey was kind of jealous that she didn't think of that.

Amber saw herself as a smart ruler, who talked to her people, always listening to their needs, and not placing herself above others.
My phoned beeped as a message came through.

Hello Miss Rose. Sorry to inconvenience you and your family on this lovely weekend. But I have a request - may I be able to visit your house today? I have something to share with you.

-Chad Ludo

I was impressed at his wording, how he talked so...elegantly. But serial killers come in all shapes and sizes, and they could even have had high education.

Intrigued by this, against my wishes, I replied with a curt "Okay."
When this man walked through the door, I knew he couldn't be a serial killer or even a some weird guy off the street. No, he looked to mature. To much like an angel.
"So, you wished to speak?" I asked, getting right to the point. I was sipping away at a warm cup of coffee. Mr. Ludo had avoided the coffee on the table. Hmm.

"Oh yes, of course. I heard off your challenge, and I was very inspired by it - I'm an artist, always seeking inspiration from the world around me. But apart from that, I know doing this great feat must have a lot of stress in it. So, I came here to just be a friendly shoulder, if you ever need one." Chad gave me a small smile to prove his point - being friendly.
"That's very...nice of you, Chad. But it sounds more like you need some comforting too. Am I right?"

"Darn, your good at reading people!" was the surprising answer I got from him.

Chad - Your dead right, actually. I actually need someone to talk to, as well.
Destiny - Well, your here now. Might as well just get it out..

Chad -
(exhales) I'm a single dad, just like, who's a single mom. Unfortunately my story is not so happy. My girlfriend became pregnant by accident while we were at a party - we were drunk, and I regret it. She disappeared after that night, and only came back 3 months later, telling me that she's 6 weeks pregnant.
Destiny - So you guys got back together...?

Chad -
No, not really. I paid for all the treatment she received, the check ups, everything to make her feel better. When her nine months were up, she gave birth to a girl named Abigail. And then she left the baby there in the hospital, and disappeared again. I was then given custody of Abigail.



I followed his glance to the ground. On the floor, there was an adorable toddler with her hand in her mouth.

Destiny - That's your daughter? She surely does look like you.
Chad - Yes, she does.. The point is, I'm raising her on my own, and it's..hard. So that's why I think we're sort of in the same situation.
We chatted for a few more minutes. I told him more of my other kids, their careers and how their doing creating their own families. He in turn told me more about Abigail.

I was on the verge of asking him that one important question. If he would be in my challenge. But I had already promised someone else.

And on the other end, I didn't want to use his friendship like that so early. So I cut our convo short with an excuse that I had to get some camping gear together and said goodbye.
The camping gear wasn't actually just an excuse - it was the truth. I had decided the kids and I would be camping outside, on the beach down the cliff.

Who knew setting up two tents on your lonesome would be so hard?
Meet AJ Trevco, the brother of Cyrus Trevco. Alan had refused (politely) to be in my challenge, but I did manage to convince his brother otherwise.

This will be father of baby #41.
What happens in this tent, stays in this tent.

Unfortunately, there were some strangers that actually noticed the rattling in the tent.

My reputation turned to "Naughty". Crap.
I was busy with lighting the fireplace as the kids came down with their sleeping bags and extra food (including marshmellows).
It seemed daddy of the new baby is a bit...evil looking.
The boys enjoyed some late night fishing, hoping to get something to fry over the fire pit. Unfortunately, they've had no luck so far.
The twin toddlers were crying for food. Hailey got there before I could (fast legs, yowza), so she gave them their bottles. Helpful girl? Yes!


Destiny - Thanks, Hail!
Hailey - Anytime. Just so they would at least shut up..
Isabella - Swhut up?
Hailey - Hey, I taught Bells a new word!
Camping is fun - a fact which is widely known. But there's a tough part not many normal people know when your doing a 100 baby challenge.

My reputation had changed to 'naughty', so I had to go to desperate measures to change that.

In other words, I hard to ask AJ to just be friends. It didn't go so well, and I ended up comforting him the entire evening.
See why there's no privacy?

There were a bunch of people there, excluding me and my kids.

And I know just who organized this.
Hugo Chatsworth - father of baby 32, 33 and 34.

He was one of the fathers most interested in his kids, and any new fathers that participated in the challenge. So was it wrong of me to be paranoid? He was the only one with the resources (i.e. wide friend circle) to pull something like this off. 
"You... You orchestrated this... You got all these people here to break up the time I spend with my kids - and continuing my challenge."

He didn't deny it at all. "Destiny, why do you wanna mess up your life and your body? You could have been happy with a husband that loves you - maybe it could have been me."

Waving him off, I signaled to the kids to gather round the fire.
It wasn't the best camping trip ever, but it wasn't the worst.
Back at home the next day, I hopped in front of the computer on Skype chat. Bubbles09 (Grace, my sister), Robosheep (Carmen, my other sister), Coffee Addict (not sure who that is) and a whole bunch of people were online. I had request from someone. C-L. Hmm, never heard of him or her before.

I accepted, and immediately the chat sprung open between me and him.

C-L: Hey there. If you haven't figured it out yet, it's me, Chad Ludo.
Dee-Dee (me): Ohh, I was wondering who it was. Thought you were some kind of missile TBH.
C-L: Haha. Thought my initials would be easier to use. So, what's up? Pregnant with your next baby yet?
Dee-Dee: Your psychic.
C-L: Wow. Boy or girl?
Dee-Dee: Nah.. Don't know. I like surprises! (:
C-L: That's the spirit!

We chatted on for about fifteen minutes before I logged of to tend to the kids.
All the teenagers in the house, i.e. Magnum and Malik, were going on a field trip to the science centre.
Apparently Magnum got in trouble a few times with the teacher for touching some exhibits he wasn't supposed to. What a prankster.

...Think Magnum is a prankster already? You haven't seen half of it yet. The most horrible thing ever happened to me in the shower.
"Why does my hair feel so..funny? Rough..," I muttered to myself. When I brought my hands under inspection, I saw the yellow on my fingertips. Dye. Yellow dye. The old shower prank. How my sisters loved to pull that on me.
"MAGNUM DEAN ROSE! You are in soooo much trouble young man!" I screeched.
Outside on the seesaw, Magnum smiled innocently.
"Whoopsie..."
Seeking a bit of comfort, I headed to the girls' room. Amber was first to notice my sullen expression.

Amber - What's up, mom?
Destiny - (sighs) Got pranked, unfortunately.
Hailey - (laughing) Did Magnum do it? It's just gotta be him. I heard he almost set the chemistry lab on fire once just to impress one of his friends with a prank on the teacher.
Amber - Ditto.

I let Magnum off on the hook on that one - it was who he was, a funny, entertaining guy.

I felt like I was neglecting Malik, so I took out my Toyota and offered to learn Malik how to drive.
It went well; he seemed to have a real gift with cars, and he learned quickly.

But one can't avoid the fact that he almost swerved the vehicle off the road and off several metres down a cliff.
Prom was around the corner, though the boys knew they might not be attending as they will be aging up again soon. But they still wanted to suit up and find a date.

Both actually looked like they could be attending a wedding.. That's just how good my boys look!

Magnum asked Grace Longbottom, one of the popular girls at school.
Malik asked Shayda Longbottom, cousin to Grace. She was much shyer than her relative.

Both of the girls said yes, surprisingly. Kudos to the boys.
At around five thirty PM, the girls were goofing around outside. It was more Hailey than Amber that was goofing. Hailey was up in the treehouse, playing out her favorite scenes from certain movies.

Amber - Hey sis, what are you up to?
Hailey - Yo, Ambs. If I tell you, you have to keep it a secret.
Amber - ...Sure.
Hailey - I'm play-acting scenes from Pirates of the Caribbean. Where else do you get cool pirates?
Amber - You know, you have a point.
Hailey - Why don't you come up? I need someone to play Will. Of course, I will be portraying Captain Jack Sparrow.
Amber - Really? I can come up?
Amber fist pumped at this revelation, and quickly climbed up the ladder to the top.
All I could hear was sword fighting, a few dramatic lines, screaming, then more sword fighting.

"Girls, are you two okay...?" I nearly asked. Nearly. Why? Because it's that time of the week.




Welcome to the world,
Xavier Rose


~*~


A tid bit about the relatives...


Salina Rose (Abigail's daughter) died of hunger.
A sad reality as her other daughter also passed away recently.


Kristian Rose (Demi-Dee's son) passed away as a result of electrocution.
Happy news, is that she welcomed a new girl and boy to the world. Margo and Shelby.


~♥~




Thanks for reading! Comments, criteria, name suggestions or any other feedback is very much appreciated.


:)



9 comments:

  1. yay! omg isabella is sooo much like me (except the hair)..it's...wierd...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @trufflelegacy: Oh damn, I forgot to add that tidbit of information to the post.. *facepalm*

    Just so you know, she can still go rebel and color her hair...

    :)

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls are super cute. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVED this post!
    Xavier... how i love that name :)

    The girls are so awesome :)
    Can't wait to get the Generations.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Illiana: They are, aren't they? Haha. Unfortunately they're gonna cause a whole lot of trouble soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Preslet: Thanks. :) I like the name Xavier very much as well (saw it on a movie - totally fell in love)

    I very much recommend getting Generations - it's a really great expansion pack, fun filled for the family! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, no, no, it's totally fine. Totally fine :)
    NEW CHAPTER UP!!
    http://trufflelegacy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, generations is great! It was, like, made for 100 Baby Challenges. I love the babies in their strollers! Their faces are adorable and irresistibly cute, esp. Shane's! :D Congrats on the new baby, I'm glad he got his father's skin tone. It excites me when that happens in my challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Catlover800: Thanks! I know, Generations is GREAT. I got so many more ideas I can use in my challenge because of this EP.

    I'm just as glad that Xav got his daddy's skintone. I was actually pretty sad that Isabella and Shane didn't get their father's darker skin.

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete