Wednesday 7 December 2011

Sweet lovin'

I'm still in that space of mind where I can't believe I've actually finished the challenge. Holding true to my promise, I call my friend Calista - and she can't stop screaming down the phone. After calming her down, I head downstairs, finding Alex in front of the door, with a worried face.

"Would you mind letting me in?" Alex calls. "I almost had a heart attack when I saw you cringe with pain... I think I need to sit down."
With a smile playing around the edges of my lips, I open the door, and Alex quickly engulfs me in a tight embrace.

"Aww, was the poor, cute guy worried about his girlfriend?" I coo, chuckling.

"Haha, funny, Rose. You have no idea how worried I was... I stood in front of your door for hours, calling for someone to make sure you were alright..."
After Alex releases me from his grip, I step towards him again, my eyes fixed on his eyes.

"When I was there, on the balcony... What were you saying?" I quiz.

Alex almost chokes, struggling to clear his throat for a minute.

"Oh, that... Uh, I, um... I was wondering what you were up to, that's all, eh heh...," he shrugs. Taking a deep breath, Alex is back to his normal self, his voice persuasive and aloof.

"Okay, the REAL thing I was talking about was... I was trying to ask you if I could stay here tonight. My house is full of cockroaches, and the exterminator has to come clean up there..."

For a second, I'm devastated; so he hadn't asked me to marry him? But it's also a relief, as I don't know what I would have said. How does one respond if someone proposes to you across a freakin' road?
As Alex and I settle in to watch the daily news, the front door opens and closes with a bang. As my daughter starts talking, I notice it's Sierra - and she sounds as if she's in a really bad mood.

"Honestly, that was the WORST day of school EVER. Mom, I beg you, show us some mercy and let us age up?" Sierra whimpers.

I'm hell bent on saying no, but I realize that sometime or another, they have to move out, as I won't live in this big house alone forever.

"Fine, sweetie. But please, let your brother and sisters also age up, before they come here and court martial me!"
Sierra Rose
Violet Rose
Persia Rose


It's incredibly sad seeing my blue haired triplets in all their glory as young adults, ready to move out and pursue their own lives. They were one of the sweetest and most diverse (in personalities) set of kids I've had in a while. These girls proved that friendship means a lot, and that without family, you really don't have anyone else to lay all your problems on.
Luke, Sindy & Mei


If there ever were a crazy bunch of kids, these triplets definitely are! Luke and Sindy are each other's best friends, always making jokes, or playing practical jokes on someone else (usually their sister, Mei). Mei is more quiet and reserved, but that doesn't mean she isn't a fashionista. Mei is the one that keeps asking for fashion magazines, so she can share the latest trends with her friends.
Just after nine in the evening, when everyone is heading off to bed, Alex and I take care of the toddlers and the latest addition to the household. I can't stop cuddling my last baby of the challenge, and more disturbingly, I can't stop looking at how well toned Alex's body is.

"She looks exactly like you, with those blue eyes...," Alex grins at me, then continues to chat with Wesley who demands his attention.
Destiny Rose Jr.


As little Destiny junior dances into toddler-hood, I can't help but cry! She turns out looking like Alex had said - exactly like me. Well, almost exactly, seeing as she inherited the red hair from her dad. But aside from her looks, and her name, she's a lot different from, having a more bubbly personality that makes anyone tear up laughing when they look at her.

Wesley & Blaine

These two boys are quite attached to each other, refusing to do something if the other one will not do it alongside them. It's a strange bond they share, and it baffles us most of the time.
Till after midnight, I struggle to get this bundle of energy to sleep. One would think she swallowed a few cans of red bull, as she never stops with her antics!

"Sweetie, I love you so much, words cannot describe it. But mommy is very very tired and really wants to go sleep now...," I yawn, tickling Destiny's tummy. After changing her into her PJ's, putting her in her crib and giving looking at her with a stern expression, I finally go to my room for the night.
I stop in my tracks, and gaze at Alex that is busy making himself comfortable on my bed.

"What are you doing?" I gasp. "I thought you were gonna take the couch?"

"Jeepers crappers, Rose. I'm your boyfriend. We've been dating for months. We've known each other our whole lives, almost. Now you say you have a problem sleeping next to me?" Alex teases, but with a hint of frustration.

"No... I just don't feel at ease with someone sleeping next to me... Its been a while."

"So the challenge fathers and your other boyfriends got to lie down next to you, but not me? That makes me feel so much better!" he answers sarcastically.

I frown. "Shut up. I hate your jokes, you know." And with that said, Alex bursts out laughing. I could always see through his fake "gung-ho" exterior, and I knew when he was making silly jokes.
We leave the conversation on a positive note, and I creep under my covers, quickly falling asleep. The last thing I remember before entering sleep, is Alex rolling over on the covers, not climbing under the covers. It's a feeling I will definitely have to get used to.
I get up at 7:00 AM sharp to make breakfast for the house, and pack a few snacks, as Wesley, Blaine and I plan to go to the park for the day, while the older triplets spend the day at their friend's house. As I'm flipping over the eggs in the pan, I feel Alex's hands around my middle.

"Mmm," he sounds. "Sleep well?"

"Very good... As good as someone can sleep with someone who snores so loud the entire town can hear them!" I tease.

"Ah, come on! I don't snore!" I shrug, and I feel him exhale with misery. "Okay, I was actually just trying to get the conversation started, so I can bring something else up.. I am taking you out tonight. You should dress up, but not too much, please, it's not that formal."
The table is set and the boys quickly run down the stairs and take a seat, delving into their breakfast like hungry dogs. It's not only because they're hungry, but also the fact that Eggs Machiavellian is their favorite. I've noticed that the boys don't show too much aversion to Alex sitting there; perhaps they've accepted him as their second father?
"Mom, did we ever mention that we love you?" Wesley laughs, as we turn around the corner leading to the park. The boys love fun time, especially if it's somewhere other than in the house. Also, both of the boys are lovers of nature, so that explains it.

"Nope, you have never said that before. This is a moment I will cherish forever; Wesley actually said he loves me!" I chuckle, and park at the library, where we walk across to the park. The boys and I enjoy a great day full of hearty laughter, where we also experience some bruising (Blaine fell off of the swing).
Even with the winter temperature as it is, Wesley and Blaine are keen on going swimming for one last time, before the swimming pool's water will be pumped out, or it's too cold that they will freeze to death.

As I lounge on one of the chairs, I notice how Blaine is quick to jump in, yet Wesley hesitates.

"You know that bond we share, bro? Where we won't do anything without each other... well, I'll have to pass this time, because the water feels too cold!" Wesley confesses.
At 5:20 PM, we get back at the house, and Alex hands me a blindfold. We drives for two minutes before coming to a stop, and he carefully guides me out of the car.

"You can look now...," Alex murmurs. I remove the fold, and smile as I see the Art Gallery in front of us.

"Aw. Our very first date was in the art gallery!" I smile. "is this our destination for the night?" I ask.

"Not really... I just wanted you to remember that night, so you can compare it with what will happen tonight..."
Alex is quiet as he drives the car to the very same place I lived before, but instead of my previous house, a different house stood there; it seems my beautiful home got demolished.

He leads me up to the edge of the cliff, near a bunch of pretty flowers, and takes my hands into his.

"You know I'm not that good with romance... So I'm sorry that I have to ask you this; what is your favorite time of the day? The start of the day, or the end, when you can see the sunset?" he asks nervously.

I hardly spend any time thinking about it. "Sunset. Like now!" 
"Oh, okay... Good," he takes a deep breath, then starts going down on his knees. "Just wait a moment while I look for it, okay?"

"Look for what? Alex? What's up? Why the twenty questions?" I pause. "Oh my god, are you DYING? Is that why you have all the questions? Get to know me very well before you die?!"
Alex only manages to smirk at my reaction. "I am definitely not gonna die. I feel too good to be dying, you know!"
He fumbles around in a small bag behind him, and I still bend over him, worried that he might pass out or something. Alex is known for surprises. When a small box tumbles out of the packet, I gasp. 
"Destiny Hailey Rose. We have known each other since kindergarten. I remember clearly how crazy we were back then. But even for a six year old dude, I was already bewitched by you. Your smile, your laughter, the way you went about your everyday business... It was perfect, and you were my best friend. I remember when we were back in elementary school, I did everything I could to be close to you in every class; I even got my older brother to hack the school's system to make sure I was in the same class as you. You were just such an awesome person. Some may think that's stalking. I call it romance. But you already had a new best friend named Toby, and that made me very jealous... By the way, don't think I didn't have a life other than loving you. I had friends, okay!" Alex trails off.

"When my parents decided to move town, to dreary Twinbrook, I was devastated. I knew we would never be together then, and I could never make you my wife. But I continued with the dream that one day I will see you again. And when I came back to Sunset Valley, I didn't have much hope that we could be together, but... It seems fate worked its power, because here we are, together, and I wouldn't want it any different way. Do me the great honor of becoming my wife."

He pauses to let everything he said sink in. My heart beat increases as he starts to word his next sentence.
"...Destiny. Will you marry me?"
I can't control the emotions that appear on my face, as I can't control the shock of his question. The wonderfulness of his speech, the way he spoke, how he just asked me... Everything comes crashing on my shoulders, and I'm afraid I'll fold.

"Y-yes," I croak out. "Yes, yes, YES! I will absolutely, with no doubt in my heart or mind, marry you!"
Alex holds his arms open for a hug, and I instinctually run into his grasp. 
Tears overflow my eyes, and it doesn't even bother me. This is the moment I have been waiting for for my entire life.

"Alex," I mumble.

"Yes, honey?"

"I love you."

9 comments:

  1. Aww he was so sweet, so when you were on the balcony he DID ask that, aww, I'm so glad you said yes *holds glass up* To Dessie's happiness.

    Your kids. = Cute. AGAIN. I <3 their looks all the time every single one, and mini Dessie, she is just precious.

    Can't wait to see your beautiful face walking down that aisle with him in your soon to be gorgeous gown.

    Oooh :p haha, Your crazyness loon of a friend

    Liana. <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw great new chapter and the kids are BEAUTIFUL and welcome mr and mrs Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!!!!!! im so happy for destiny and alex! i was so hopeing that they would live happily ever after (for now at least!) i LOVE little dessie jr she is adorable!! :) im sad that your challenge is over, but super happy with how it ended!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe! I'm still screaming!!!! :DDDD

    As you know, I'm a sucker for romance so seeing my very good friend with her insanely hot boyfriend just blows me over!!! I loved the proposal and Alex's speech was amazing; I read every word of it. It's funny how Alex has liked Destiny for so long and even got his brother to get him into Destiny's classes. ^_^

    Don't get me started on Destiny Jr. She's ADORABLE!! I love her red hair, she's such a special little girl. <3

    Blaine and Wesley are so cute too! I usually don't like the child-stage in the Sims 3 but they're definitely changing my mind on that!

    ~Calista Smith

    PS: Poor Blaine, he fell off the swing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Gunna go read ur next update, and If it's a short one, I'll leave a longer comment on this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, read your update, now I'm back here to make a longer comment.

    I love how Destiny didn't even THINK he was asking her, she's like "OMG he's gunna die!!" lolz :)

    Loved it, and I'm SO glad she married Alex. Dwayne was a weirdo :P

    Where did you get Alex's hair?? (maybe I've already asked this before, and I'm sorry if I did)

    Great update, are you going to do any more like this? As in, update on the Rose family? I really wanna see Destiny Jr. later on in her life :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Spongebob248: Yes, HE DID! :D *clinks glass*

    You will definitely be seeing Destiny in her lovely wedding gown - currently, I can't decide between two dresses, so I may hold a poll for my readers to choose which one they like!

    @ENTELLIGENT: Thank you! Technically, it's gonna be Mr. & Mrs. Webber. ;)

    @Amiee: I'm sad as well. :( But there will only be good things in the future, so at least we have something to look forward to!

    @Catlover: Oh, thank goodness I got that part of the post right - Calista screaming, I mean. BTW, she'll be in the next post...!

    Insanely hot boyfriend? LOL! Something tells me NOT to get Calista near Alex... :D I'm not a sucker for romance, so I had a hard time writing out that speech - hopefully it doesn't sound too weird.

    I'm happy alongside you, because of how cute Destiny's last kids turned out... I'm still emotional thinking that I've reached the end of the road. :/

    @Violet Chrysler: THANKS!

    @trufflelegacy: Ah, yes, Destiny is a little bit dumb when it comes to romance and proposals. ;)

    Well, the wedding will be in one of the upcoming posts. You never know when you'll get an unexpected visitor... *nudge nudge wink wink*

    Alex's hair comes from the Town Life Stuff Pack. :)

    You will DEFINITELY see more of these updates!

    Thank you all, so much, for sticking around to read, and commenting!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete