Friday 16 December 2011

Moving on to a new life is hard...

When Skye said "bring in the cavalry", I couldn't help but be extremely nervous. What crazy idea did they have in mind? It turns out I was worried for nothing, as they only invited some friends over to help with deciding on the dress...
The girls somehow manage to recruit Vanessa Wood and Amber Lights to come help us out - surprising, as they each have hectic lives, and that Amber lives all in the way in Appaloosa Plains.

"So, what's the problem? Dumped by your fiance as you just decided which dress you wanted?" Amber teases.

"Hell no! Alex and I, well, we're like soul mates..." Before any of them can go on about how corny I sound, I continue with my actual problem. "I guess the reason you're here is to help out with the dresses; I CAN'T CHOOSE."
"There are so many choices... Which dress to choose... Which one looks the best...? GOSH, what will we do?!" Vanessa freaks out for a moment. In my mind, I'm freaking out alongside her; I honestly don't know which dress is best, which is why I asked for their help.
Standing in front of the mirror, I look at myself full detail, envisioning myself in each dress. The second dress is sleek, modern, and doesn't have too many frills that would let me look like one of those Victorian dressed woman.

The first dress, which makes me feel like a princess, has beautiful detail to it, and I love how the dress is formed.

After a vote, we come to a final conclusion; the first dress is would look the best on me, as long as I get it changed to perfect white, and have the flowers colored to something darker.
An emotional moment follows, as I'm so thankful to have my friends in my life, and I grab them all into a group hug.

"I love you all, so much," I choke.

"Aw, we love you too, you emotional bear!" Calista laughs, and hugs me back.
Alex is really eager to start a new life with me, in a new house, with a new environment. Destiny Jr. is feeling all the stress, as she has to study harder to get through school quicker. Alex and I sit down with her this Sunday afternoon, guiding her to make sure she has all the necessary knowledge to excel after school.


After many hours of hard work, little Destiny finally puts down her pencil, having finished all her work, and ready to age up into a young adult.
Destiny Rose Jr.
Destiny junior is the exact mirror of me, apart from the red hair. Cheerful, energetic, curious, that's some of the words that can describe her. She and Chica are very compatible with their natures, and I make the hard decision to give her away to my daughter.

As Destiny moves out, I realize... My challenge is now officially over, with no more kids in the house.
I find Alex upstairs, napping peacefully. Careful not to make too much noise, I tiptoe to the other side of the bed, and slide up next to him.

"Mmm," Alex sounds. "Finally alone."

"Yeah...," I sigh. "It's hard to believe that all my kids are grown up and living their own lives..."

"But that gives us the chance to begin our life." Alex stirs and sits upright. "While you were gone, I took it upon myself to drive around town in search of a house for us.

"ALEX! Bu-"

"But nothing... There's no harm in looking. I think you'll really like it, though. It's also right by the beach. Do you want to go look at it right now?"

I can't bring myself to be as enthusiastic as Alex is, but I relent, getting up from the bed.
Close to 7 PM, Alex drives down to the house he wanted to show me. As his car was being worked on after a bump in with a stop sign, he drove me there in MY car - something I'm not very happy about.

"Here we are," Alex says, and pulls in near the house. To be honest, from the outside, the place is gorgeous - a cute two story house, right by the beach.
"There's not much of a garden yet, but I thought that you would like to do that part yourself, seeing as you are an artist...," Alex comments as we climb out of the car.

"It's amazing," I say after a moment's evaluation. "The location is absolutely brilliant, and the exterior... Wow. That's all I cay say!"

"See? I said you would like it, and I was right."
After a shirt tour of the inside of the house, Alex whirls me outside and softly pins me against the wall.

"What was that for?" I smile.

"To smother any doubt you may have about this house. As long as you're with me, any house should be suitable..."

"I have no doubts about this house, Alex. I one hundred percent agree, that we should move into this little place."
Over the span of the next few days, Alex gets the paperwork and payments done for the house, and we pack all the last pieces of clothing, accessories and anything else of value.
"You ready?" Alex asks me, taking my face into his hands.

"I could say no, but it's a bit late to say that!"

"It'll be fine, Rose," he smiles, and kisses me softly on the lips, before picking up some of the suitcases and loading it into the car.
As Alex finally got back his BMW (I have no idea how he had money for that, but I'm going to question him about that soon), we drive to the new house in his convertible, and the wind in my face calms my nerves.

Finally, we're getting on with our lives.


~♥~

Thank you so much for reading! Sorry that it's so short, or that it feels a teeny bit rushed. I actually want to get another post out before Christmas, so that's why I'm so busy with these posts.


Just for those that are interested, the next post will be the official start of the legacy, and will be titled "Chapter 1", and so forth.


Please remember to support my new blog, which will be the future home for the Rose's, and where all future posts after the wedding will be posted:



http://thetaleofgenerations.blogspot.com/


Thank you to Amber Lights for the design and build of the new house-


Ciao!



:)


2 comments:

  1. That house is gorgeous! Destiny Jr. is gorgeous! Everything is gorgeous! LOL I'm glad you decided to continue with a legacy...I can't wait to see how it starts out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it. The house is gorgeous, as is Destiny Jr. :) I can't wait to read the legacy. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete