Wednesday 21 December 2011

Chapter 1: Starting off

Thanks to AevalM/Skye Everard for the Baseball Jacket, as a Christmas present! I can so see Alex in this. xD I promise I will gift you something in return, as soon as I get those points!

It's yet another one of those blissful mornings in Sunset Valley, where you just don't want to spend your day cooped up inside the house. I focus more on creating a colorful garden, while Alex trains like a madman on the workout equipment. Ever since we got it, he just can't get off of it. And yet another rift has been created between us. 
Looking up, I see Alex acting more and more confident while training, and has started to jog faster. I might as well try my luck while he has so much energy.

"Hey, honey! Want to come help me in the garden? It's your house too! I got some lovely Marigold... Not sure if you like that."

Alex's huffs an answer back at me. "In a minute... Just. Need. To. Finish. This. Round."

Yeah, right..., I think, rolling my eyes. I do understand his predicament - he feels as if he has lost some of his buffness, and wants to look decent when we get married, especially when dressed in a suit. His words, not mine!
For brunch, I start cooking Alex's favorite food: French Toast. He had once cooked it for me, the day we moved in, actually, and I loved it. The thing that actually shocked me the most was the fact that Alex can cook. He confessed that he enrolled in cooking classes recently, and has been learning a great deal.
During brunch, I bring up some little problems concerning the wedding plans, hoping for the co-operation of my fiance. But unfortunately, he's too engorged in his food.

"So we still have to decide on a venue for the wedding... I was thinking the beach. It's a very open and big area, so there's space for more people, if you'd like to invite some of your pals... There's also the issue of your best man... Alex?"

No response.

"
Alex, the food you usually cook for us tastes awful."

Yet again, no response.

"Alex, I'm pregnant, and the baby isn't yours!"

"Say whaaaaat?" he splutters, and almost chokes on his food.
"Alex... You're not paying attention to the things I'm saying. I want to get started on the plans for the wedding, but your just dozing off. If things go on like this, I'm gonna stand there at the altar alone!"
He wipes off his mouth after his little choking "accident", and clears his throat to speak.

"I'm sorry, Rose... I'm just hungry, and tired, and really stressed out about some, eh, business things... "

"Business things?" I interrupt him. "Since when do you have 'business things' to attend to? I thought you're a writer, a teacher."
"It's... A long story. I can't tell you about it now, but I will, later." Alex quickly finishes his food, then gets up. "I'm sorry, but I need to get dressed. I have something to do for the day, but I promise, I'll be home tonight. With a surprise." He passes me, kissing my cheek, and runs up the stairs.

And men say women are complicated. Sometimes, I think it's the other way around.
All throughout the day, Alex is away, dealing with some kind of business of his. And all day long, I'm alone in the house, working on some sketches of houses. I seriously contemplate becoming an interior decorator, as some of the houses in Sunset Valley are dreadful.

6:30 PM, and Alex texts me, simply stating to "Come outside.". Confused, I quickly go outside, and spot Alex, casually resting against a car. A car that I have never seen before.

"Alex, what did you do?"

"I... Bought you a gift. Hope you like it!"
Instead of 'liking' it as Alex said, I fume - I never asked for precious gifts, and definitely NOT a car. I'm very happy with my Renault Fluence, thank you you very much.

"Why on this sacred Earth did you buy me a car, Alex?! When you show that you love someone, you buy them little things, like flowers. I love flowers. Not a blooming car!"
"Sorry, sorry! I'm not too familiar of the code of gift giving, okay?" Alex sighs. I just saw it in the shop, and the blue color just caught me... You know, 'cause your eyes are blue."

As he says that, I feel like I'm in heaven - he's such a thoughtful and caring guy, but he over thinks many things. I love him because of that. He's extremely normal, and normal is what I need in my life.

"What I'd really like to know is HOW you have the money to pay for this, Alex? How did you manage to pay for the house? For the ring, that has an expensive stone that costs a fortune? For that BMW convertible over there that costs more than the house AND the ring? It's all very confusing."
With a heavy heart, Alex agrees to tell me everything about how he manages all these things. He drives us both down to the beach, which I honestly disagree against, as our house is just a few feat away from it!
"My father owns this car company just outside Sunset Valley. They handle imports and exports of different cars, or parts of cars. They also deal with  the manufacturing of smaller type cars. Well, the thing is, just recently, my father has decided to retire from his job, and wants to leave the business in the hands of one of his sons. My older brother is in Bridgeport, doing lord-knows-what, and me... Seeing as I'm the closest to it, my father has decided to put me in charge.

So I'm the owner of a multi-millionaire company, that I really don't want to own. I'm in charge of testing different cars out as well, which is why I have the BMW, and why I gave you that car..."
"Oh, gosh, what must your parents think of me now? They probably think I'm a gold digger, who is only after their son's money... Oh, god. This is horrible!"

"No! Goodness no. My dad knows that you had no clue of the business when we decided to start dating, so they know that you're not after money. My parents absolutely adore you, you know. Especially my mom. Since my childhood, she's loved having you come visit our house.
For the rest of the night, Alex and I talk a little about the wedding plans, making sure to get started on the venues and the other stuff. I also make sure to worm in a some romantic-bonding time, starting a conversation about stars.

"They really are pretty... A bright light that is shining. A lot like our future, wouldn't you say?" I ask him.

"Yes. Exactly like that," he smiles in return.
I doze off long before Alex, but later, against my will, I wake up, at the time he decided to put down his reading book and snuggle up next to me, dozing off quickly.

Five minutes later, I wake him up again.

"Alex?"

"Uh... Yeah?" he mumbles.

"You forgot to turn off the light."


~♥~

Thank you, thank you, thank youuuuuuu, for reading this little update! I seriously am sorry for always making it so short, but I do hope to start doing longer posts, like the next one. It will include the wedding venue, and the bachelorette/bachelor parties!

There is some sad news, too...

Well, my game decided to be a real pain, and I couldn't get it started for days. Finally,  after help from the great Skye Everard, I managed to get it working, but at a loss - for one, I hardly have any CC, besides store content. And two, I have lost a lot of sims... Pretty much all of Destiny's kids. :/ So I'm sorry, but I will not be able to feature them at the wedding.


As always, remember to support my new blog! It's VERY important for those that don't know, as all future chapters will be posted there after the wedding:


http://thetaleofgenerations.blogspot.com/

That's all, for now!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! Loved it! Alex is so nice! Its so cute how he got her the car because of the color of her eyes.

    ReplyDelete