Saturday 14 May 2011

All you need is a little love - Babies #35 and 36


Things were going well with me. Heck, it was possibly the best day of my life so far. My challenge was going on well, the triplets were healthy. Even the farewell with Hugo went better than expected..

Hugo - Are the little critters alright? Healthy, I hope?
Destiny They're fine, really. Three beautiful healthy girls.

Hugo - (breathing a sigh of relief) Thank goodness. I've heard horror stories about births, and I was so worried, about the babies, and you.
Destiny - (laughing) I've had 31 births already before the these triplets. What makes you think I couldn't handle it?
Hugo - Sorry. I'm very much a worrywart when it comes to new things. Children are apart of that.
With the kiss on my cheek, he said goodbye, but he hesitated at the door.



Hugo - If you ever need anything else, just call. This time, my phone will surely work.


Destiny - Thanks.. I'll hold you up to that one day.

With one goodbye already, we bid farewell to someone else also! Eleazar is hyped up and ready to move out, as he is now a full fledged young adult. I still remember the days where I taught him how to walk, and how he squirmed in the bath.

To celebrate his freedom, Eleazar went for a smooth, loose haircut that kept falling over his eyes. Funny how he dreams of being a doctor when he's such a ladies man.


I of course didn't let him escape the house before he gave me a hug.



Eleazar - Ma! It isn't necessary to become so emotional. How many times have you gone through this already? 


Destiny - Each farewell is different, El. We all have different memories, you know, different special moments. Just give your old ma some time to remember these again before they're forever gone!

Eleazar didn't really understand, but he was glad to give me a hug, before going out the front door and waving goodbye.

~On to the birthdays~
This is Lanica. From my expertise in recognition, which isn't so good I must admit, she has her daddy's cute nose, his hair, but of course, my eyes. 


Lanica is very peculiar, if you would say peculiar is trying to eat the building blocks and hitting your teddy bear with surprising force.
Kinsleigh! She looks very much like Lanica. Only she doesn't has her father's hair, but of course his gorgeous eyes and plump face.

Kinsleigh is the silent one of the trio. She doesn't cry; she only gives me a blank stare when she wants something. With being silent, she's also stubborn.

So, final question: Who does Aimee look like? From her hair to her eyes, she looks mostly like me, possibly. She had a much..harder face, sort of. Not harder, just sort of longer and more muscular. But sweet, nevertheless!

Aimee is a diva; no other word to describe her. From her fussy habits, to the way she plays around her toys, she has that model attitude! Her hairstyle very much suits her.


With three new additions, and two other toddlers almost ready to age up, how will I survive?



Infinity decided to be very funny, splattering some of his food against my clothing.


"Ha Ha Ha!" he cried out in his toddler slurred speech, obviously pleased with himself.

When he wasn't happy with my reaction, he decided to go the mile further; dropping his bowl on to the ground.

"Oh, Infinity! Why do you waste your food so...?" I grumbled under my breath. All I got from him was more giggles.

The girls were getting along with Julie very well, which delighted me. They decided that biting the blocks was much more interesting than actually building something with it.


The answer to Infinity's riddle was simple; he liked his bottle much more than  any other food I placed in front of him. How will he survive as a child without his bottle?


Julie wasn't ready to go to bed just yet, and wouldn't let go of my hand as I placed her in her crib. Her tug was so gentle, I didn't want to break away.

Nevertheless, I had four other toddlers that needed my attention. 


Aimee and Lanica were long gone to dream land already. The slightest snore emanated from their cribs.



Before going to bed, I manged to quickly scrub the dirtied high chair Infinity had messed on. Sleep beckoned, and couldn't resist. Five toddlers were a lot of work. Hopefully Tait wouldn't mind the loss of attention for a while. I'll have to make up for that soon.

When I walked into the nursery the next morning, all hell had broken loose...

Kinsleigh SOMEHOW managed to get out of her crib! Now she was happily snoring while sleeping on the carpet. Oh dear.


As Aimee saw me, she began whimpering softly, but it didn't last long. She was way to tired to do anything yet.


Unlike Aimee, Lanica was yelling at the top of her toddler lungs, actually stamping her foot and shaking the railings of her crib. And I thought they only did that in the movies.

"Mo-ooo-ooom! Seriously, DO SOMETHING! Those toddlers are driving me insane!" I heard Tait's call come from the living room. Probably watching TV now.

Lanica was quickly appeased with a bowl of baby food. Phew. Thank goodness she doesn't same the same trait as her brother.

For the first time, Julie was being a bit..fussy. She, like Kinsleigh, managed to get out of her crib. What crazy kids did I have in the house?

When I looked at Infinity, I laughed. He was trying to drive the girls' crying out of his head. I didn't blame him at all.


Before tending to the girls further more, I quickly ran outside and got a seed I had seen laying on the grass. I keep forgetting to start a garden. Well, now, I finally have!

I saw down with Julie, entertaining her, but at the same time, trying to manage teaching her to talk.

Look at this evil grin Tait has on his face. With the green skin, it looks more prominent than ever.

And why does he have such a grin today?

Because it's his birthday!


Tait as a teenager. His skin is very silky, for a male, I mean. I've heard that some kids actually outgrew unique skin colors wen they get older. I couldn't imagine Tait without his glossy green skin.

Now that Tait is finally a teen, he agreed to helping with the toddlers...a bit.



Tait - Come on, sis. You can do it. Come to the green skinned man that will give you a treat when you show to mom how well you can walk!


Destiny - As long as you don't steal the treat from her afterwards...

Also.. Julie...had an accident...


I stood in front of the mirror that evening, idly stroking my  tummy, until I was literally clutching it. No, I wasn't becoming fat. That I kept in check at all times. But was I slacking at my challenge? Shouldn't I be pregnant already?


This thought horrified me. To comfort myself, I decided a little bit of playing dress-up might help me.

I went from everyday wear, to costumes, from there came bikini's, more outfits, until I finally paused at a dress I very much liked.

"If I were to ever get married, I would like to have this dress on as my wedding dress... That is to say, unless I find a prettier dress!"
I undid my hair drawing it back into a much more loose style, and settled for comfortable yet stylish everyday wear.


With all the tension and the chaos currently going on in that house, I needed some time on my own. Just me and my thoughts for a while. It was chilly outside, and hardly a cloud in the air. Just my type of weather.


There truly was a plus side, by living down near the beach. I could go there anytime of the day really, as it's just a easy jog down hill.

The wind in my face felt good. I swear I was starting to become claustrophobic.

So it was a very big surprise to hear a noise behind me.

"Who's there?" I asked startled, barely able to hide the fear in my voice.

"Uh, sorry, that would be me. Don't run away or anything if I startled you by my skin.. I really do have orange looking skin, just so you know your not dreaming," a well toned man said, stepping out from the bushes.


"Wh..What are you doing here then?" was my question.

"Oh, you mean why am I here at possibly midnight, alone on a beach?" He laughed. "I'm a surfer. I train on my own, usually at night, so no one sees me. Oh, and the name is Marcus Uraine. Not sure if you've heard of me yet. I'm still starting out at competitions."

Destiny - Uraine... I might have heard of you before. One of my sons usually watch to much television and they're usually on the sport's channel. And I listen to some of it. Partly.

Marcus - Sons? Son? Your married? Then what's a married girl like you doing out here? It's not exactly safe. Does your hubby know your here?

I feel as if I've explained this a hundred times...

Destiny - Yes, I have more than one son actually. But no, not married. Just one of the many girls with a dream of completing a one hundred baby challenge. Surely someone like you have heard of it? But being a surfer boy, I doubt it.

This was when Marcus stepped closer to me. A little to close for comfort.

Marcus - One hundred? Seriously? I thought such challenges were only rumors. Wow-ee.

Destiny - Well, believe it or not, they're real. I'm at baby 34 in my challenge.

He seemed to think about this for a while. Please, not another preach on how crazy I am!



Marcus - Hmm. One hundred.. (shakes head) Well, is there a spot for open for another father? I might be interested.


Destiny - You? Really? A surfer boy?


Marcus - This might actually further my career too, you know. Me being associated with a big brand name like you.

Marcus snapped his fingers in front of my face, a habit I detested. He pointed with a lazy fingers at the ocean.

"Look at that. How the fish breaks through the water. It's pretty cool isn't it. Us humans can't do anything like that. But one day, I hope to be able to do tricks that would astound people, very much like how the fish astound me."


He was a very deep kind of guy, even being a jock-type-of guy. 



Marcus - So... Where are we going?

Destiny - Around to my house. I assume you would want to get to the...proceedings. So that's it's over and done with.


Marcus - Uhm. Okay. But why are we sneaking?
Destiny - Because I don't want any of my kids to see me with another guy so soon!
Marcus - Ohhh... I get it. 

When I glanced through one of the windows at the nursery, I saw how Tait was taking care of the triplets. Hopefully no candy stealing tonight.


I briefly saw how Julie was standing up, and sparkles surrounded her. She was aging up.

Julie is a very modern girl. She immediately ran to my makeover set in my room, and started throwing around clothing.

Even being modern, she's soft at heart. Her cream hair really compliments her.
As I stood outside, I was a bit dumbfounded. I didn't really know how to get Marcus into the house. My gaze landed on the hot tub, and I knew what my plan was going to be.

Destiny - So... What do you think of my hot tub? Pretty relaxing, isn't it?
Marcus - Mahigo.. it is. It really feels so different than all the cold water I keep falling into! Cuddle with me?

I smirked at him, then shrugged.


"As you wish," I said, before diving underwater. A piece of advice; don't dive in hot tubs often. Diving my lead to disorientation and rippled skin.

Destiny - Now, does the big baby suddenly feel better with a girl at his side?

Marcus
- (shivering) Much!

And the rest what happened should be fairly obvious. 

After the "dirty deed" was done, I looked at Marcus with a very pained look.

Destiny - Really, do you have to walk that way? It's very inconspicuous.

Marcus - I don't know why. I just feel like I need to. Besides, I'm happy!


Anyways....


Infinity aged up the next morning. If he had had his father's skin tone, I swear he would look just like him. While taking pictures, he's eyes drooped a bit, possibly from not getting much sleep with all the babies crying. So know that he's eyes aren't slits!

As the kids were outside, I tended the garden a wee bit. 

Infinity - Oh my... Look at the view! It's ... It's just wow.

Julie - What's 'wow' is that your outside here in your underwear.. Have you no shame at all?

Infinity - Don't think your hiding your mockery.. I can hear it all right! And if you have a problem with me in my undies, then come up here and do something about it!

Julie - Eww. It sounds weird when I say it, ridiculous when you say it. But that doesn't mean I'm not coming up and chasing you until you get some clothes on!

Infinity - Nu uh! Noooo! I'm not staying around! Bye-Bye!

Julie - Scaredy cat..

When Julie reached the top of the playhouse, she too, was as dumbstruck as Infinity (who is technically her uncle).

Julie - Whoa... Look at it! He wasn't exaggerating! It's really pretty from up here, the sea view. I wonder how sunset will look like?
As the kids rambled on, I was working on a new sculptor out of wood.

"It's a pity I'll have to sell it when it's done..."

I headed inside after the I sold the sculptor finally, and spent some time with the toddlers. Lanica was well on her way to speaking!

Aimee was giggling and moving around in her cot, restlessly, so I had no choice but to pick her up and place her on the ground, near her toys.

(Editor's note: I love Aimee's smile in this snapshot...)
I was really starting to feel bored with myself here. Kids are alright, I'm pregnant with the next challenge baby, and my garden is in perfect shape. Just to be even more fussy, I installed a sprinkler in the garden.


Of course, I could play in the water. But I knew there was something much more important to tend to.


"Hello.. Clara? It's me, mom. Haha, yeah. Listen, would it be okay if I stopped by?"
Here we go, I thought. Off to visit my daughter. Of course it shouldn't trouble me. I visit my other sons and daughters all the time. But it DID trouble me, Knowing that my daughter was engaged to.."him". I couldn't even manage to think of his name.


I waited in silence and nervousness as I heard Clara hurrying down the staircase to the front door.


Clara - Mom! You came!


Clara - I was thinking you weren't going to come after all, with it being so late and everything. But you did!



Destiny - Yeah, sorry about that. I got caught up giving attention to the triplets. They're quite a handful.

This wasn't entirely true. I was actually waiting for the time I would have enough guts to walk out of the door confidently. But she didn't need to know that.

Clara - Triplets?! Really? Wow, mom, congrats! They really must be a handful, Don't worry, your forgiven for being late if you have three new mouths to feed.

Destiny - Thanks, sweetie. That means a lot to me. I was really feeling guilty for not making it on time here. How's Keli?

Clara - (pulls me into a hug) She's great mom, absolutely. It's a great experience being a mother. Heavens know, I think it could be nice to have another little one around.



Destiny - Really? Another one, so soon? (swallows nervously) Yay. More grandkids.


Clara - So? You wanna see her? She's upstairs!

Destiny - Why is it, that I always find my new grandkids on the floor? Jeepers. There's something called a crib for that.

I held up Keli awkwardly in front of me. This could have been the girl Corbin and I could have had. But to tell the truth, as I thought this, it felt empty. As if my consciousness has already moved on from him. I have my kids, I could just as well forget him for now.



Destiny - Uh. Hi, Keli. I'm your grandma, Destiny. You can call me Dee, or Dee Dee, if you want. Or granny. That always works too.


Back at home, the kids took my absence to their advantage. Julie got a hold of some birthday cakes. Two to be precise. So she and Tait will be aging up, but unlike her, Tait will be moving out. Hopefully this vacancy will allow me to have twins!

As I was leaving Clara's house, I noticed how big my belly was getting... I felt huge.



Back at home, the next day, I had a hard time catching up with all the housework I haven't done yet. it could take me hours to complete. From emptying the trashcan, to doing the laundry. All I can say, I felt exhausted when it was all done.



I was in the kitchen that evening, making waffles, as I was craving it, when Julie decided to confront me about an issue that's been bothering her.



Julie - Grandma... Why am I not living with my mom? I've hardly seen her to tell the truth. Don't get me wrong, I love living with you guys, I've possibly had the best childhood ever. But.. Why? Did she abandon me? You always speak so highly of all your other kids. What's up with my mom then?



Destiny - Julie.. I don't know what happened to your mom.. She was going through a rough time, I guess. I knew she was very close to a meltdown. I could see it. I cared to much for her, for you, to see her go over the edge. 



Julie - Did I make her go over the edge? Is that what your trying to tell me, Gran?


Destiny - NO! Kalia is young. She has issues. Personal issues. Like, how did she meet your father? I don't even know that. And anyways, she kind of asked me to take care of you. And if you liked it, then you could stay. But Jules, know that your mom loves and misses you a lot. She bought you a dress the other day, when you were still a child.


Julie didn't seem very much comforted by what I had said. I hadn't really known what to say, to be honest. I didn't even know what was wrong with Kalia. 



Julie - Well, thanks for talking to me, Gran. At least you talk to me, unlike some parents of some of my friends at school.


Destiny - Want some waffles?

Julie - Seriously..? For dinner? (laughing) Rather not.


I settled in to watch some TV. Julie picked out the romantic comedy channel for me. I wasn't really impressed with it. It exaggerated love and commitment, and in the end, they didn't even end up together! Talk about romance gone wrong.

Julie - Oh my word.. This has got to be the most boring channel I've ever chosen! I'm so sorry Gran. I thought it would cheer you up, but this... Is like a horror movie.


I was about to comment on what she had said, possibly going to end up laughing at her, when I felt a kick. As I was on the verge of voicing this, another kick came. Much more painful. 

Julie - Gran? You okay? Why are you clutching your tummy like that? I know your pregnant and everything...
Destiny - (wheezing) Labor. baby is coming!

Julie - Seriously? Wow. Then why am I not freaking out? Am I resistant? This could help me in the future. Do you think I could become a doctor, if I'm handling the shrieking coming from you?



Destiny - Jules! Just help me!


Julie - How? It looks like a one-man job to me.

Julie was right of course. There wasn't much she could do for me. I wasn't up for the long ride to the hospital. So, help me, I was going to have a home birth.



Welcome to the world,
Magnum Rose



and
Malik Rose

~♥~

Hello, and thank you for reading this post! It is very much appreciated, through and through.

If you have any complaints, criteria, name suggestions or anything like that, I would love it, as any type of feedback is good feedback! All of this can be left in the form of comments, or you can reach me at destiny.rose0701@yahoo.com






7 comments:

  1. Great post as usual! I'm so glad Destiny got to meet Keli. Julie's reaction to Destiny's labor was hilarious. It made me laugh out loud. Can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it made me laugh as well! When I was taking snapshots, I was prepared to have Julie freaking out (which was the reaction I was really wanting).

    And there she stands, all smiles. So I had to include that part in the post.

    Thanks for reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the little "wink" from Malik. GREAT last pic :) it made me smile hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were the triplets really that hard to manage? Or did you only do that for this post?

    Still, great post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @izzi654: Thanks. :) I almost didn't use it, as I had a hard time picking pictures and uploading them. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Illiana:

    You have NO idea how hard it was this time around. :D With five tots and only one teen everything is quite chaos. So I didn't do it deliberately; it's real!

    -Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastically written! :) I like how Malik is winking in the photo. You sure had your hands full with all those toddlers!! Lol I like how Julie just sits there. Every other Sim I've ever had freaks out, even if they have given birth like ten times. :) I really enjoyed reading this! I liked surfer boy too

    ReplyDelete